Darron Lee

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what an ENCOURAGING game for Lee. I really hope this was not a mere flash in the panda performance, but an indicator that the lightbulb FINALLY went on and he now has acclimated to the Pro game. I was ambiguous about Lee thus far and felt his critics had some validity, but not to the point some haters here have declared, and he was most likely just going to play out his rookie deal. 

This game - 7 tackles, 2 INTs, pick6 - show the IMPACT plays he is capable of. This Defense can be LETHAL.  

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

what an ENCOURAGING game for Lee. I really hope this was not a mere flash in the panda performance, but an indicator that the lightbulb FINALLY went on and he now has acclimated to the Pro game. I was ambiguous about Lee thus far and felt his critics had some validity, but not to the point some haters here have declared, and he was most likely just going to play out his rookie deal. 

This game - 7 tackles, 2 INTs, pick6 - show the IMPACT plays he is capable of. This Defense can be LETHAL.  

My favorite typo of all time

I can understand the hesitancy of some to think this will suddenly become any sort of trend, as Lee still has some things to prove.

With that said, he had a truly impressive game, deserves plenty of credit, and has a very good chance of taking home the DPOW award for his play.  Even beyond the 2 picks, he had a number of other really good plays, including blowing up the screen and multiple plays of being right there in coverage.  Give credit where it's due, that was one hell of a performance tonight.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can understand the hesitancy of some to think this will suddenly become any sort of trend, as Lee still has some things to prove.

With that said, he had a truly impressive game, deserves plenty of credit, and has a very good chance of taking home the DPOW award for his play.  Even beyond the 2 picks, he had a number of other really good plays, including blowing up the screen and multiple plays of being right there in coverage.  Give credit where it's due, that was one hell of a performance tonight.

I checked his number about four times tonight until it started registering .  Dude must got pissed being called plush ! 

51 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The second interception was pure luck.....he was out of position

I agree that we shouldn’t get toooo giddy just yet but I disagree on the second part. I was watching Lee the entire play. He actually drifted back into coverage, followed Stafford’s eyes and sat on the route in anticipation. 

It was a smiple read and react play. Darron did a good job noticing what was coming and properly preparing to make a play on it. I have no doubt in my mind that he would of actually* been out of position in this same situation in his first two years.

this showed some progression.

Now to enforce your first part.. this is where I stand, entirely.

I need to see games like this stacked on top of each other first. He had a good streak of games last season, believe that started Week 7 or so? I’ll be watching closely to see if he can string together some sort of consistency....I want to believe hard..but just need a little more comfort in that regard before saying that I’m wrong.

Because I may not know jack sh*t. They cut the player I wanted to see play more than him.(Kevin Minter)

So lets just see.

I’m neutral until then....but I was really happy from what I saw tonight.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree that we shouldn’t get toooo giddy just yet but I disagree on the second part. I was watching Lee the entire play. He actually drifted back into coverage, followed Stafford’s eyes and sat on the route in anticipation. 

It was a smiple read and react play. Darron did a good job noticing what was coming and properly preparing to make a play on it. I have no doubt in my mind that he would of actually* been out of position in this same situation in his first two years.

this showed some progression.

Now to enforce your first part.. this is where I stand, entirely.

I need to see games like this stacked on top of each other first. He had a good streak of games last season, believe that started Week 7 or so? I’ll be watching closely to see if he can string together some sort of consistency....I want to believe hard..but just need a little more comfort in that regard before saying that I’m wrong.

Because I may not now jack sh*t. They cut the player I wanted to see play more than him.(Kevin Minter)

So lets just see.

I’m mutual until then....but I was really happy from what I saw tonight.

+1 You see that Lee actually SWITCHES OFF the wide receiver coming underneath and in front of him and cuts to his right for the INT. Lee has not shown ANY type of natural LBing instincts his first 2 years, but that play he showed good anticipation and took a gamble that paid off.

I've been very vocal about how much he sucks, but I gotta give him major credit for this game. And those were not lucky picks, or deflections. The pick 6 was a great read and reaction, and the 2nd was a great athletic play. Darron even cleaned up his tackling and made a few good ones in the 2nd half of the game after being pushed around, and whiffing on a couple tackles early in the game. It's like those INTs brought something to life inside him. Did something in his tiny brain finally click? I sure ******* hope so.

Seriously. Kudos to the guy, and contrary to what someone might say, it doesn't make me upset to see him ball out like that. But he NEEDS to keep doing this.

The Darron Lee bust talk gets a stay of execution for now.

30 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

My favorite typo of all time

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Where the haters at???

OK.  Lee played fantastic tonight.

But pump the brakes.  He didn't go from being mostly invisible and a weakness to a great player in one off-season.

Maybe he got better with better players around him?  Maybe he had a career night?  Both? 

Calvin Pryor had a big two weeks to start 2015 and many posted "See! See!  Pryor is good!  You haters are wrong!"

I said nope... and got beat up for it.

Lee might have really improved.   But not yet on Lee.  Not yet.  The Lions never had a chance to run the ball and don't have a receiving TE threat.

24 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This is what he was drafted to be.  Let's hope its the start of something for him. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's been bad for sure but last year he started showing signs of being a play maker. He will never be a David Harris type stout run defender. But that's not what he was drafted to be. 

I won't care much if he gets absolutely blown up by blockers every now and then, as long as he can keep the INTs coming. This is a passing league, and exactly what we've all been screaming about for the past 6-7 years, as we've watched our LBs and safeties be utterly feasted upon week in and week out.

Let Avery and the big guys up front stop the run.

Hell of a game by him. Watching the quick highlights during the game I was really struck by how his eyes were focused so much on the QB. I feel like in years past he was turning his head and body and looking all over the place. But tonight at least he had his eyes fixed on Stafford and used that to put himself where he needed to be.

Maybe another QB uses that against him and looks him into a bad position. But tonight he looked less jittery and less all over the place.

Like many have said; just one game... But he looked more confident out there tonight. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Listen you dumb asses, theres an old saying:

even the blind squirrel finds the ocassional acorn.....

the whole team was very good tonight. Lee had a great game. But if you think this is the start of something great for lee, its just not. 

He sucks. Badly

Thanks for keeping us grounded.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

The second interception was pure luck.....he was out of position

lol

So, he was out of position which, coincidentally, led him to be in position to make a great leaping play.

If Darron Lee disappears again for weeks, only to be seen being blown up by RBs, and burned by literally anyone he tries to cover, I'll be back with you. But, for now, I'm going to give the kid credit for a great game (and I don't even think he started out looking too great).

This is the first game where his play actually has me excited. A few TFL's and sacks where he comes blitzing completely untouched never got me excited about him. This game kinda did.

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He’s actually played well since about the last 5 games of the last season 

correct.  no one was calling the irrational haters crazy because they knew he'd ball out like this tonight..  it was because if you were paying attention you saw improvement and good play last season.

26 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've been very vocal about how much he sucks, but I gotta give him major credit for this game. And those were not lucky picks, or deflections. The pick 6 was a great read and reaction, and the 2nd was a great athletic play. Darron even cleaned up his tackling and made a few good ones in the 2nd half of the game after being pushed around, and whiffing on a couple tackles early in the game. It's like those INTs brought something to life inside him. Did something in his tiny brain finally click? I sure ******* hope so.

Seriously. Kudos to the guy, and contrary to what someone might say, it doesn't make me upset to see him ball out like that. But he NEEDS to keep doing this.

Nailed it. I hated the Darron Lee pick before it happened but I love giving him props for tonights game. I could care less if he gets washed out on many plays, so long as he makes a big play...two was gravy.

I hope he builds off of this game but I'm still thinking he's more bust than boom. Hopefully I'm wrong and he takes it up another notch.

32 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

DP

Archived