Darron Lee

JoJoTownsell1

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've been very vocal about how much he sucks, but I gotta give him major credit for this game. And those were not lucky picks, or deflections. The pick 6 was a great read and reaction, and the 2nd was a great athletic play. Darron even cleaned up his tackling and made a few good ones in the 2nd half of the game after being pushed around, and whiffing on a couple tackles early in the game. It's like those INTs brought something to life inside him. Did something in his tiny brain finally click? I sure ******* hope so.

Seriously. Kudos to the guy, and contrary to what someone might say, it doesn't make me upset to see him ball out like that. But he NEEDS to keep doing this.

The Darron Lee bust talk gets a stay of execution for now.

DP

I hope he builds off of this game but I'm still thinking he's more bust than boom. Hopefully I'm wrong and he takes it up another notch.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Listen you dumb asses, theres an old saying:

even the blind squirrel finds the ocassional acorn.....

the whole team was very good tonight. Lee had a great game. But if you think this is the start of something great for lee, its just not. 

He sucks. Badly

And so does your post above (already received 8-9 Sanchez like Butt-fumbles). 

But nonetheless 94 tackles, 3 passes defended, 3.0 sacks and 2 forced fumbles (as only a 2nd year player) completely says otherwise. 

And the value and importance of an NFL 3rd year is to never be underestimated nor overlooked and during his 1st game of his 3rd year he not only recorded 2 INT'S and a Pick-6 to the house but also made a couple of tremendous one on one tackles. 

If you know anything about his college career while @ Ohio State (dominated Alabama during the BCS National Championship Game and flat out led his defense to victory while earning Defensive MVP honors) you'd undrafted exactly why Mike Maccagnan selected him over everyone's favorite Paxton Lynch. 

Darron Lee and the word "sucks" belong nowhere near one another this kid is every bit as athletically gifted and talented as Jonathan Vilma and his elite combine measurements do not lie. 

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Nailed it. I hated the Darron Lee pick before it happened but I love giving him props for tonights game. I could care less if he gets washed out on many plays, so long as he makes a big play...two was gravy.

I hope he builds off of this game but I'm still thinking he's more bust than boom. Hopefully I'm wrong and he takes it up another notch.

You landed this point! 

And I am still giggling about the flash in the panda earlier!

Best opening night ever!

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But nonetheless 94 tackles, 3 passes defended, 3.0 sacks and 2 forced fumbles (as only a 2nd year player) completely says otherwise. 

And the value and importance of an NFL 3rd year is to never be underestimated nor overlooked and during his 1st game of his 3rd year he not only recorded 2 INT'S and a Pick-6 to the house but also made a couple of tremendous one on one tackles. 

If you know anything about his college career while @ Ohio State (dominated Alabama during the BCS National Championship Game and flat out led his defense to victory while earning Defensive MVP honors) you'd undrafted exactly why Mike Maccagnan selected him over everyone's favorite Paxton Lynch. 

Darron Lee and the word "sucks" belong nowhere near one another this kid is every bit as athletically gifted and talented as Jonathan Vilma and his elite combine measurements do not lie. 

He is a far better athlete than JV, but they are really different players. JV was a class act from his first game as a rookie. 

Darron has been improving bit by bit. Had some promising games last season and then went full panda tonight.

lol
So, he was out of position which, coincidentally, led him to be in position to make a great leaping play.

If Darron Lee disappears again for weeks, only to be seen being blown up by RBs, and burned by literally anyone he tries to cover, I'll be back with you. But, for now, I'm going to give the kid credit for a great game (and I don't even think he started out looking too great).
This is the first game where his play actually has me excited. A few TFL's and sacks where he comes blitzing completely untouched never got me excited about him. This game kinda did.

You must be fun at parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol
So, he was out of position which, coincidentally, led him to be in position to make a great leaping play.

If Darron Lee disappears again for weeks, only to be seen being blown up by RBs, and burned by literally anyone he tries to cover, I'll be back with you. But, for now, I'm going to give the kid credit for a great game (and I don't even think he started out looking too great).
This is the first game where his play actually has me excited. A few TFL's and sacks where he comes blitzing completely untouched never got me excited about him. This game kinda did.

lol

54 minutes ago, freestater said:

It really was the game that decided it. Whoever won that game was going to roll Oregon 

There wasn't a single f-ing player on that Oregon team who could have been a starter for Ohio State or Alabama (outside QB.) That whole team was basically Marcus Mariota.  And there isn't a single national championship team of the past 10 years that DOESNT have a consensus Top Ten Recruiting Class among its roster.  Oregon has never had a top ten recruiting class EVER! 

I'd like to see us with a couple of USC's recruiting classes.  Then things might be different.  

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Listen you dumb asses, theres an old saying:

even the blind squirrel finds the ocassional acorn.....

the whole team was very good tonight. Lee had a great game. But if you think this is the start of something great for lee, its just not. 

He sucks. Badly

That is about as SOJ as it gets.

Two picks, one returned for a touchdown, multiple tips, TFL....and he sucks badly.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Going "Full Panda" is now officially a Jet Nation term.

Perfect for Darron, because he's so small and adorable when he's feasting.

Word. :D

For Lee to go Full Panda he's gotta bring it like this:

angry-panda-690x300.jpg

and Mugging QBs like this:

VXMAFH.gif

EVERY GAME!

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Best opening night ever!

Damn right and it's especially our best Monday Night Season opener. We were 0-3 on Monday Night Season openers (before tonight).

And with Darnold becoming the youngest QB to ever start a season opener? While we destroyed Detroit? On National T.V? And witnessed our fan base take over their stadium with non stop J-E-T-S chants? 

Best opening day/night, ever!

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Either I missed this game( Highly doubtful)  or you're on something.

You're either not a big college football fan or you completely missed the big game. 

Darron Lee absolutely dominated and manhandled Alabama to the tune of 7 tackles (a bunch behind the line of scrimmage for loss) and two sacks. 

He without question was a leader and led that Ohio State defende on that night. 

Offensive MVL: Ohio State: RB Ezekiel Elliott

Defensive MVP: Ohio State: LB Darron Lee

Enough said. 

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thank you. If, you've been paying attention to my posts, you know my thoughts on the absurd bust label put on Lee. And the just another box safety talk with regards to Adams. You look at the complete picture, and not just one half of it. Keep up the intelligent, rational posts. the more, the better

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're either not a big college football fan or you completely missed the big game. 

Darron Lee absolutely dominated and manhandled Alabama to the tune of 7 tackles (a bunch behind the line of scrimmage for loss) and two sacks. 

He without question was a leader and led that Ohio State defende on that night. 

Offensive MVL: Ohio State: RB Ezekiel Elliott

Defensive MVP: Ohio State: LB Darron Lee

Enough said. 

You must be pretty thick. Alabama did NOT play Ohio St. for the National Championship. They played in the Sugar Bowl. Look it up. Obviously I'm more of a college football fan than you are.

Archived