#bringbackFiremanEd

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how I feel about this. He was pretty cool for a long time, but it didn’t end well. Seemed like he got really full of himself there for a while. Maybe a new, younger pair to take over? His brother can’t be carrying that load on his shoulders forever

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not sure how I feel about this. He was pretty cool for a long time, but it didn’t end well. Seemed like he got really full of himself there for a while. Maybe a new, younger pair to take over? His brother can’t be carrying that load on his shoulders forever

I was a season ticket holder for a very long time some very dismal years Walton,Coslet,Carroll,Kotite,Parcells,Groh,Edwards,Mangini,Ryan.

Fireman Ed was always there even though we never won a damn thing. 

He always got the crowd pumped up. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I was a season ticket holder for a very long time some very dismal years Walton,Coslet,Carroll,Kotite,Parcells,Groh,Edwards,Mangini,Ryan.

Fireman Ed was always there even though we never won a damn thing. 

He always got the crowd pumped up. 

Agreed. Like I said, he was great for a long time. It just felt different at the end. I’m not sure if it was his fault or not, but it definitely didn’t end well.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Agreed. Like I said, he was great for a long time. It just felt different at the end. I’m not sure if it was his fault or not, but it definitely didn’t end well.

He took a lot of abuse from fans Jets and opponents, everyone needs to blame someone for losing and he was the target for many. 

So what he got a few perks who the hell cares. 

The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS is not and wont be the same until Fireman Ed returns. 

I think I remember fans really giving him a hard time during the Sanchez era and he got tired of dealing with it and being the fan face of the Rex bluster aftermath.

Either way, he sure does know how to get that chant going. Seems easy, but the next guys didn’t seem to do it as well.
I’d say if he can be bright back then do it. It’s all about the chant. That sh*t was powerful back in the day. I could care less that he took some time off.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My understanding from Ed was that he got a little bit sick of the Rex act. That was the turn off, the very end of the Sanchez and Rex Ryan years. Ed has always handled losing fairly well (he endured it for many years like all of us), but the ineptitude, the embarrassment, the brovado without backing it up with wins..... he had a hard time with that and he left.

At the same time, Ed is not the original architect of the JETS chant. He has clearly become the face of it over the past two decades, but I remember it from my days as a little kid in the 1980s. There was a guy with a mustache in the 300 level endzone with a green Jets helmet.  I think he wore a Klecko jersey. He would blow a whistle and get the chant going from one end of the stadium. Then, a couple of minutes later, the crowd at the opposite end would get fired up and do a chant as loud or louder. It went back-and-forth like a competition and that was one of the best things about the chant. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He took a lot of abuse from fans Jets and opponents, everyone needs to blame someone for losing and he was the target for many. 

So what he got a few perks who the hell cares. 

The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS is not and wont be the same until Fireman Ed returns. 

I'd be totally in favour of it. It was great to see him Monday nite.

Was never a fan of Fireman Ed thought he was so full of himself.

Last year he came back for 1 game doing the chant, and it was different man, nobody gets the fans loud like him plenty tried, and it just felt meh at best, then Thursday Night Vs Buffalo place was blaring the chant, and it felt right.

Have a new respect for Fireman Ed after that, I was wrong about him.

larger.jpg

Me being born in 1985 I can never get enough of Fireman Ed. I was born into it. I've got love for Fireman Ed. Always have and always will.

And I'd love for his return to happen this Sunday during Sam Darnold's home debut too. 

For crying out loud he once put his hands on an N.Y Giants fan during a preseason game and for shoving him he was charged with assault, the charges were later dropped but how can you hate on that? He did something most don't have the balls to do. 

He's also a real New York City Firefighter (hero to many) and although he's not the original creator of our J-e-t-s JETS, JETS, JETS chant but nonetheless none of us can deny that he's made it infamous, notorious and truly legendary. 

Fireman Ed over the years (imo) has represented the heart of our fan base to a "T''. He's passionate on Sunday's and has been as loyal as a dog could possibly be. It's no secret that throughout his many of year's he's at times became frustrated with and has shown built up frustration towards our Franchise, Coaching Staff, Front Office, Owner and Fan Base alike but at the end of the day he's a die hard Jets fan, one who bleeds Green and White, one who really wants to see us win and most importantly one who really does love our team. 

Sounds just like the rest of us if you were to ask me... 

All he's done is carried over a once known Shea Stadium and Queens tradition and has ever since made our home games so much more fun for Jets faithful in attendance (as well as those from home watching on TV).

H.O.F fan for a reason. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

larger.jpg

Me being born in 1985 I can never get enough of Fireman Ed. I was born into it. I've got love for Fireman Ed. Always have and always will.

And I'd love for his return to happen this Sunday during Sam Darnold's home debut too. 

For crying out loud he once put his hands on an N.Y Giants fan during a preseason game and for shoving him he was charged with assault, the charges were later dropped but how can you hate on that? He did something most don't have the balls to do. 

He's also a real New York City Firefighter (hero to many) and although he's not the original creator of our J-e-t-s JETS, JETS, JETS chant but nonetheless none of us can deny that he's made it infamous, notorious and truly legendary. 

Fireman Ed over the years (imo) has represented the heart of our fan base to a "T''. He's passionate on Sunday's and has been as loyal as a dog could possibly be. It's no secret that throughout his many of year's he's at times became frustrated with and has shown built up frustration towards our Franchise, Coaching Staff, Front Office, Owner and Fan Base alike but at the end of the day he's a die hard Jets fan, one who bleeds Green and White, one who really wants to see us win and most importantly one who really does love our team. 

Sounds just like the rest of us if you were to ask me... 

All he's done is carried over a once known Shea Stadium and Queens tradition and has ever since made our home games so much more fun for Jets faithful in attendance (as well as those from home watching on TV).

H.O.F fan for a reason. 

Your opinions don't count. You're not even a real Jets fan. No real Jets fan wears a Dolphins jersey. You own a Zach Thomas jersey and wear it proud. Go to a Dolphins board, you're a Dolphin fan troll.

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Your opinions don't count. You're not even a real Jets fan. No real Jets fan wears a Dolphins jersey. You own a Zach Thomas jersey and wear it proud. Go to a Dolphins board, you're a Dolphin fan troll.

I watched Ace Ventura once does that make me a Dolphins fan?

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He is back. He came back last year.

And I’m glad.

The J-E-T-S chant was totally out of sync and weak as hell while he was gone.

I saw him at a couple of Jets games last yr and he went to the London game. Like I said earlier maybe he didn’t make an announcement. However, I’m pretty sure he’s back

Archived