GAME BALL THREAD SAM'S FIRST START

Larz

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lots of guys could get one.

Not as impactful as the other guys, but Brandon Shell was really good.  He's starting to go from "he's good for a 5tb rounder" simply to "he's good."

Noticed him on a few plays and he looked good. Very nice lateral movement that he didn't have before the new coaching. Also thought Long played great. 

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

You think the best Jets board on earth doesn't do game ball threads? 

I'm loyal to jetnation and also the game ball thread guy 

Now you know 

All I was trying to do was start a positive thread and even asked the mods too merge it. Now you can GFY you powertripping douche. It's no wonder why JN alienates some of the better posters over the years regardless of what board they posted on.  

Another thing I want to add: after so many years of watching QB's who routinely end up throwing late game, back-breaking interceptions (*cough* The Beard *cough*), it's refreshing to watch a QB get his out of the way on the first throw, and THEN go on to play amazingly the rest of the game.

Sam was like: "Now that THAT'S out of the way..."

Game ball goes to Maccagnan for trading up from 6th to 3rd in order for a fighting chance of landing Sam Darnold. The excitement surrounding Sam Darnold becoming the NFL'S youngest opening day QB was awesome. And for that he's my unsung hero. 

Damn near every one of his draft picks/FA additions flashed tonight. 

Darnold gets the first game ball for not only not disappearing after his horrific start, but for rising to the occasion and camly leading an offense that shoved it's will down the Lions throats all day.  

Lee gets a game ball for flying all over the field and making impact plays.

The whole D gets a game ball for putting just enough pressure on Stafford to make him very uncomfortable in the pocket and for laying some brutal hits on him too.  They sucked the courage right out of him.  He wanted no part of them in the second half.

Phenomenal first game.  Far exceeded my expectations on all fronts. Very excited for the rest of the year!

Henry Anderson - no sacks, but he was in the defensive backfield all game.  Big time assist on the pick 6, which really broke the back of the lions.

Quincy - was the security blanket for the young qb the entire game, extremely physical, made the defense pay every time he touched the ball.

Andre Roberts - the biggest problem we've had since after the 2010 season is setting up short fields for the offense.  He had a great returns, even outside the TD.

Lee - I thought he sucked, now I hope he continues this caliber of play.

10 hours ago, RobR said:

All I was trying to do was start a positive thread and even asked the mods too merge it. Now you can GFY you powertripping douche. It's no wonder why JN alienates some of the better posters over the years regardless of what board they posted on.  

Sorry dude my bad. Sometimes the judge smails part of my personality takes over 

No excuse but I didn't get to do one game ball thread last year so it's been awhile! 

Welcome to the board 

17 hours ago, RobR said:

I used to do this thing on other sites, so being new to JN lets start it now.

Game ball #1 goes to Andre Roberts....enough said.

Game ball #2 goes to Darnold....For the first time in years I feel confident about third and short. 

Game ball #3 I'm splitting between Darron Lee and Henry Anderson.

Dog of the game was Leo. He was playing pattycakes all too often.

No Quincy Enunwa ? The guy was a monster

Archived