Jets Knew Lions Offensive Calls

DMan77

That actually makes a lot of sense.   I just watched the game on Tivo, and it was clear that Stafford was second guessing every read and it was causing him to perform erratically (getting happy feet).  That usually happens when the opposing D is in a perfect coverage package.

Apparently they recognized the hand signal patterns based on formation type.  Anyway, Detroit should have recognized this and gone to their backup (good teams almost always have a backup)

41 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Knowing the other team's signals and plays beforehand?

That's called the "New England Special".

Couldn't have happened to a nicer, fatter apple from a more rotten tree.

:) 

Not to mention it certainly illustrates that it’s not quite a shoulder-shrug of an advantage. Lee in particular looked like a different football player in the 2nd half.

I like that we picked up on it when the opportunity presented itself. On the other hand, since this is less likely to happen regularly without the opponent making adjustments - especially with these dumbasses bragging about it after the game - it takes a little away from what the scoreboard showed in terms of future expectations. 

As I mentioned heading into the game Matt Patricia would be exposed once no longer washing and holding the jock straps of both Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and how our Jets would have 10x more team chemistry than that of Detroit making their first start under an overrated head coach in Patricia. 

Team chemistry is why and how we were able to embarrass the Lions on National Television. This team is starting to gel and click under Todd Bowles. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not to mention it certainly illustrates that it’s not quite a shoulder-shrug of an advantage. Lee in particular looked like a different football player in the 2nd half.

I like that we picked up on it when the opportunity presented itself. On the other hand, since this is less likely to happen regularly without the opponent making adjustments - especially with these dumbasses bragging about it after the game - it takes a little away from what the scoreboard showed in terms of future expectations. 

yep. i know they are all very happy with the win but they really need to play a little closer to the vest.  the next teams will prepare for this. the other point this is still basically extended pre-season so players are still learning their team and new coach.  if they played detroit mid season it would be a different story.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Sounds like great coaching.

QFT

Preparation is driven by the coaching staff. players still have to execute it, but the preparation that went into this performance is something I hope we see a lot more of.

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

QFT

Preparation is driven by the coaching staff. players still have to execute it, but the preparation that went into this performance is something I hope we see a lot more of.

There was zero preparation by the coaches if any of this is true.  This is negligence

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

They showed a graphic on one of the stations before the game. Every Belichick assistant has a losing record as a head coach. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I actually thought Patricia wouldn’t be as bad as McDaniels and Mangini and it’s only one game so far but not a good look.  I’m shocked he let Stafford play again after coming out that was reckless

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I dont even know if them saying is a big deal. We dont play them again. I don't know if the Fins can implement a new signal system before Sunday

It’s very rare that hand and arm signals aren’t changed before a game last time I recall this happening was Jimmy Johnson not doing it in 1998 because he gave up and was pissed about having to play Dan Marino. Pete Carrol also forgot to do it once when he was the patriots coach

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Based on what I heard from Lee - what the knew was nothing news, just seems like he's finally getting it and making faster decisions.  

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

QFT

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

There was zero preparation by the coaches if any of this is true.  This is negligence

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Huh? :confused:

Phil misread your first post as a condemnation of Detroit's coaching staff not preparing, instead of your post praising the Jets' coaching staff for great preparation.

Archived