SOJF’s Mad

kevinc855

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh no but the o line?! The no number 1 WR!  The defense still has holes! We are still years away!! Lmao. Bye haters! Let’s all laugh at the SOJF doubters 

No reason to call others out. Just be happy about the game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, slats said:

Who knows? 

I think we all remember James Farrior becoming a great player...  for the Steelers. I don't expect Lee to have 32 interceptions this year, but it's not impossible that he's starting to come into his own in his third year. 

A better player then he was on the Jets absolutely.. He made 2 Pro Bowls and 1 All pro in 15 years to me that's a good player..LT was a great player..

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Doubters and cynics get the best of both worlds. 

If the Jets win, it's great, because we won and we love the Jets more than being right on the internet!

if the Jets lose, it sucks, but at least we were right on the internet!

Doubters and cynics are never disappointed.

Last night every doubter and cynic was having a blast watching the game, enjoying the massive crushing defeat of the Lions.

But, sure as sh*t waiting to pounce at a poor performance or a loss. Must be nice. 

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh no but the o line?! The no number 1 WR!  The defense still has holes! We are still years away!! Lmao. Bye haters! Let’s all laugh at the SOJF doubters 

You’re like one the worst posters in JN history but seem to be completely oblivious to it. You’re very interesting. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

You’re like one the worst posters in JN history but seem to be completely oblivious to it. You’re very interesting. 

Skeptism was and still is justified. Don’t confuse that with “haterz gonna hate.”

8 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The negative nellies have it so good. Get to be right for the better part of 50 years, and in the off chance that the Jets do well, get to play victim and say things like, 'stop being a dbag to all the dbags, how about we just enjoy the success'. 

Had it so good?? Dude we are jets fans. Everyone wants them to win. If I accurately predict a hurricane will destroy a city, I’m not happy if I’m right. Predicting failure doesn’t mean rootin for failure. It’s really not that hard of a concept.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Had it so good?? Dude we are jets fans. Everyone wants them to win. If I accurately predict a hurricane will destroy a city, I’m not happy if I’m right. Predicting failure doesn’t mean rootin for failure. It’s really not that hard of a concept.

This 10000%

I don’t understand what’s so wrong with this. After all the issues and bad decisions during this regime, skepticism isn’t allowed?

This regime hasn’t “earned” anything yet but I’ll tell you what, they are on the right track after last night. I think we can all agree that this year willl settle all the “what if’s” and ???s about this team.

Some posters worry about the lingering issues and are skeptical. Their outlook seems a whole lot more realistic than blind homer’s that can’t find any fault in anything that the Jets do. I can’t take posters like that seriously. You need to be objective and both sides have valid points and BOTH sides want the Jets to do well.

All this bashing all the time and overreacting by both sides after something happens to support their argument is ridiculous. 

Let’s not set ourselves up for failure/disappointment and just root like hell for this team and save our judgements until at least a few games play out. Either way last night was great and hopefully and indicator of the future. If so, I’m sure any SOJF would love to eat crow if we do well. I know I would LOVE me some crow for my criticism of Bowles and Mac(I’m still against his drafting philosophy regardless of how well Adams and Lee do).

We finally have something to be excited about and get behind and should at least try to see/understand where the other side of an argument is coming from, especially when presented with facts. Grow up (homers AND SOJFs) and enjoy the ride.

19 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This 10000%

I don’t understand what’s so wrong with this. After all the issues and bad decisions during this regime, skepticism isn’t allowed?

This regime hasn’t “earned” anything yet but I’ll tell you what, they are on the right track after last night. I think we can all agree that this year willl settle all the “what if’s” and ???s about this team.

Some posters worry about the lingering issues and are skeptical. Their outlook seems a whole lot more realistic than blind homer’s that can’t find any fault in anything that the Jets do. I can’t take posters like that seriously. You need to be objective and both sides have valid points and BOTH sides want the Jets to do well.

All this bashing all the time and overreacting by both sides after something happens to support their argument is ridiculous. 

Let’s not set ourselves up for failure/disappointment and just root like hell for this team and save our judgements until at least a few games play out. Either way last night was great and hopefully and indicator of the future. If so, I’m sure any SOJF would love to eat crow if we do well. I know I would LOVE me some crow for my criticism of Bowles and Mac(I’m still against his drafting philosophy regardless of how well Adams and Lee do).

We finally have something to be excited about and get behind and should at least try to see/understand where the other side of an argument is coming from, especially when presented with facts. Grow up (homers AND SOJFs) and enjoy the ride.

Says a lot about those who, after the most promising jets win in decades, have the first instinct to not celebrate but to wildly attack other long-suffering Jets fans. Sociopathic.

Just now, jgb said:

Says a lot about those who, after the most promising jets win in decades, have the first instinct to not celebrate but to wildly attack other long-suffering Jets fans. Sociopathic.

These sociopaths took a toll on me for years. They were so negative they didn’t make being a fan fun. Screw em

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

c'mon.  it's the first game of the season.  great win and great start for darnold.  there's still 15 games to go and not every team will be as inept as the lions were last night. let's see how well this team rebounds from this win.

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

These sociopaths took a toll on me for years. They were so negative they didn’t make being a fan fun. Screw em

new tshirt idea:

”I would’ve really enjoyed those decades of failure if not for other Jets fans engaging in gallows humour on the internet.”

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

No reason to call others out. Just be happy about the game.

Meh, these guys have hundreds of posts bashing/mocking Adams and Lee who both are still like 22/23 years old. They should be able to deal with the backlash of being SOJFs for one week because you know they'll magically reappear next week if the Jets lose and Adams or Lee blow a coverage. 

Who on earth would be mad about this result?! lol

The Jets have sucked arse and been a clown show for decades. 

Now have 1st franchise QB since Namath. 

I do not expect the D to continue that level of total dominance but if they do.... the Pasts* org may end up profiting off that 19-0 trademark after all. LOL

Lets see what that trip to Chicago looks like before I get too excited. 

54 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sorry you felt attacked. I have a full grasp of the concept. A lot of the crap on these forums from the negative nellies doesn’t adhere to your concept.

For those negative nellies - whether you’re one of them or not is up to you - yes, they absolutely have it as I described.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Sorry you felt attacked. I have a full grasp of the concept. A lot of the crap on these forums from the negative nellies doesn’t adhere to your concept.

For those negative nellies - whether you’re one of them or not is up to you - yes, they absolutely have it as I described.

I don’t feel attacked. I feel sorry for a fan base for which optimism is such a rare (and, over the years, fleeting) feeling that the only reaction we can muster is to cannibalize ourselves. Jets fans have been through Hell and back; surprised to see them so wounded by those who have burns on a different part of their body from the experience. Would’ve thought thick skin was a universal part of the Jets experience.

14 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hi guys. Mrs. dbatesman here. Unfortunately dbatesman is no longer with us. When the Jets took the lead he went into the bathroom to console himself the only way he knows how: choking himself with a belt and jerking off to a looped video of the Buttfumble. I guess he went too far this time, because he never came back out. Anyway, if you could be respectful during this difficult time, I would appreciate it. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to his favorite charity, the Patriots Foundation. Thanks

So a few twists and turns aside you are basically back on the market is what you are saying here?

32 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude. The Jets haven’t really made being a fan fun. If you’re allowing other fans to influence your experience with your favorite team that’s on you. No one here controls your emotions. I don’t have a Kevin voodoo doll with Jets pins in your eyes and nipples. 

15 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hi guys. Mrs. dbatesman here. Unfortunately dbatesman is no longer with us. When the Jets took the lead he went into the bathroom to console himself the only way he knows how: choking himself with a belt and jerking off to a looped video of the Buttfumble. I guess he went too far this time, because he never came back out. Anyway, if you could be respectful during this difficult time, I would appreciate it. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to his favorite charity, the Patriots Foundation. Thanks

I hate when that happens.

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Dude. The Jets haven’t really made being a fan fun. If you’re allowing other fans to influence your experience with your favorite team that’s on you. No one here controls your emotions. I don’t have a Kevin voodoo doll with Jets pins in your eyes and nipples. 

Basically what I wish I had said. Nice response. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Hate to say it ... But andersen is a one-trick pony and definitely not a number one... Probably a number 2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

At least it's a good trick!

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don’t feel attacked. I feel sorry for a fan base for which optimism is such a rare (and, over the years, fleeting) feeling that the only reaction we can muster is to cannibalize ourselves. Jets fans have been through Hell and back; surprised to see them so wounded by those who have burns on a different part of their body from the experience. Would’ve thought thick skin was a universal part of the Jets experience.

Again, what you’re talking about has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. I have been critical of Jets players, FO, management, and ownership for years when warranted both here and on JI. I’ve hated most of the last 8 years as a Jets fan. Check my posting history. I have no problem with criticism.

My post was directed at the posters who have the ability to make forums unreadable with their consistently aggressive negativity, sarcasm, and desire to be right even if it comes at the expense of a Jets positive. Again, I wasn’t necessarily talking about you, but if you felt the need to take it that way, then maybe I should be. But even without you, there are plenty of them, and if you are unable to differentiate between posting criticism and posting narcissism disguised as criticism, then maybe you may have misinterpreted my post.

Regarding the thick skin bit, I too would expect thick skin to be a part of the Jets experience, but then I saw a post calling the OP a massive dbag because the OP called out people who suck the fun out of being a fanatic. I’d expect the thick skin to go both ways.

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Or we could just celebrate an amazing start to the Darnold era without being a massive dbag. But that’s just me

14 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Mrs d, condolences, you should have sent him in with the lemon wedge

15 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Pics or gtfo

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Hate to say it ... But andersen is a one-trick pony and definitely not a number one... Probably a number 2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's a myth in the NFL that teams need a #1. 

Guys like Julio, Odell, aj green, Mike Evans, Dez, Larry Fitzgerald, Hopkins all are future Hall of Fame#1 WRs and they have zero rings combined. 

Would I love to add Julio to this team? Of course, but with a rookie QB I don't mind having 3-4 really solid WR options as opposed to one stud that he feels compelled to force the ball to 10-12 times a game.

Archived