Darnolds pick 6.. what was your first honest reaction??

southparkcpa

I'm standing in my kitchen grabbing a beer, Darnold rolls right, throws left back across his body...

pick 6. 

Are you friggin' kidding me? Throw the ball away you idiot!

SAME OLD ******* JETS! Didn't take long for this one to bust out. It's gonna be a long ass season. 

Anyway, we all know what happened next and this morning I floated all the way to the office.

But who else completely gave up on Darnold after that first throw? And didn't that make the rest of the night sweeter?

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

OK...  Ill start. His first pass a pick 6.  What did you really think?

It aint sexy but I laughed my arse off and said welcome to the JETS!!!!

But deep down this kid has shown REAL talent and I felt confident that it would be a real

motivator for him.

GO JETS!!!!!!

Honest to god. No one will believe me except my friends and brother, but I grew up a huge Favre fan from his days as a Packer. He’s my favorite player of all time, due to many football and non-football reasons. And I also believe in Sam more than I’ve ever believed in any Jets QB - including ‘08 when we actually had Favre here.

So when the pick happened, I was still on the train going home and trying to follow along on my phone, and all my friends (Giants, pats, panthers fans) were texting in various group chats to give me a hard time, I literally sent a YouTube link to Favre’s first pass, and captioned it with, “There’s my boy. We got a real one”.

It may have helped that I didn’t watch it live, and that I was just going off of espn.com’s play by play tracker. I don’t know what my reaction would have been if I were in front of my TV. But that’s honestly what happened.

I’m so overwhelmingly excited for what we’ve got here.

I  laughed and said, "well, there is only one way to go from here!" 

I honestly didnt think much of it.  I didnt understand the play or the call for this first ever pass, you'd think it would be a quick hitter easy read but nope.  They got all Jetsy with it.  After I thought, there is only one way to go from here, I immediately was like, well, let's see him again.  He's been billed as getting over his mistakes quickly and he was as advertised.

I was just looking forward to his next series. All I've heard from anyone regarding this kid is his resilience & ability to put the last play behind him. And that's EXACTLY what he proceeded to do. Kids got ice in his veins & the perfect demeanor for a QB. It's gonna be SWEET watching him running 2 minute offenses and game winning drives. I see this kid as the type of QB where opposing fans will watch games saying, "dont leave too much time on the clock". 

24 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But deep down this kid has shown REAL talent and I felt confident that it would be a real

motivator for him.

GO JETS!!!!!!

Looked up who else did it. 

I literally was just sitting down on my couch with an unopened beer in my hand as the play unfolded.  My son and I were in disbelief.  I was friggin steaming mad!  So Jetsian!!!!!  Literally the worst possible outcome of the first play.  But I noticed that the kid didn't have his head down and react negatively which was a good sign.  I told my son he's gonna bounce back.....and man did he!  We have the real deal, folk!

39 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

motivator for him.

GO JETS!!!!!!

I looked at my wife, "well, that's how Brett Farve started his career."

I didn't care.   I did not think they were going to win, I just didn't want him to throw 5 more.   Also, I honestly didn't like the play design, I was more mad at that.   Bates called a very good game, except the 1st play and that stupid end around to Robbie Anderson on 3rd and short.

I laughed out loud while my wife looked at me in astonishment. 

I knew that Darnold is our guy for the next 12 years.... 1 pass was not going to remove the absolute joy I have in knowing this kid will be remembered as an all-time great Jet.

He's 21!! How he came back and marched us down the field after that Int. reaffirmed everything that I had seen during the PS.

Blown away by his composure on 3rd downs....

I was stunned staring at the TV. I couldn't believe he threw a ball like that across his body across the field. Once I realized though that it was a designed play call I was less mad at him and more mad at Bates. Then when I saw that the same thing happened to Brett Favre it made me feel better.

Glad he rebounded and went on to have a really good game. 

Archived