Jump to content

Anyone else completely bail after the pick 6?


Klecko73isGod
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'll admit I actually initially missed the first minute of the game.  Then, when my phone started blowing up with many texts of the "WTF" variety, I knew it wasn't a good sign.  I didn't know exactly what had happened, but I think that helped make it easier, as I was able to get the game on immediately after from the beginning and watched it, but ultimately just ended up laughing and shaking my head a bit.  Given how that play went, there's not all that much to really read into it, and when it's a rookie, it's that much easier to let that slide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'll admit I actually initially missed the first minute of the game.  Then, when my phone started blowing up with many texts of the "WTF" variety, I knew it wasn't a good sign.  I didn't know exactly what had happened, but I think that helped make it easier, as I was able to get the game on immediately after from the beginning and watched it, but ultimately just ended up laughing and shaking my head a bit.  Given how that play went, there's not all that much to really read into it, and when it's a rookie, it's that much easier to let that slide.

So inspiring to see a senior citizen embrace technology! It's so adorable that you know how to text!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm standing in my kitchen grabbing a beer, Darnold rolls right, throws left back across his body...

pick 6. 

Are you friggin' kidding me? Throw the ball away you idiot!

SAME OLD ******* JETS! Didn't take long for this one to bust out. It's gonna be a long ass season. 

Anyway, we all know what happened next and this morning I floated all the way to the office.

But who else completely gave up on Darnold after that first throw? And didn't that make the rest of the night sweeter?

I did.  It was very reminiscent of the Family Guy Mets video about the season being over on the 1st pitch.  I turned it off right there, cursed Sam Darnold and disavowed the Jets.  I'm only finding out the Jets won 48-17 while reading your post right now.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I did.  It was very reminiscent of the Family Guy Mets video about the season being over on the 1st pitch.  I turned it off right there, cursed Sam Darnold and disavowed the Jets.  I'm only finding out the Jets won 48-17 while reading your post right now.  

I'm glad I could be of service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm standing in my kitchen grabbing a beer, Darnold rolls right, throws left back across his body...

pick 6. 

Are you friggin' kidding me? Throw the ball away you idiot!

SAME OLD ******* JETS! Didn't take long for this one to bust out. It's gonna be a long ass season. 

Anyway, we all know what happened next and this morning I floated all the way to the office.

But who else completely gave up on Darnold after that first throw? And didn't that make the rest of the night sweeter?

No.  If you seriously did that... you suck.

Darnold has shown composure, maturity beyond his years, and a short memory through college... OTAs.... camp... and pre-season.

Why in hell would you not at least give him a chance to show it again?  Honestly, you should have expected it.

The Jets have solved the problem.  His coronation isn't coming over night.   But make no mistake.... even a pessimist like me knows it is, in fact, coming.  A healthy Sam Darnold ensures plenty of playoff games for the Jets over the next 15 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

did anyone give up when geno had his 3 int (at least one was a pick six) in the first quarter a few seasons ago? i remember watching that game.  the darnold int was going to happen.  it's good to get the first one out of the way.  same thing with the pick six.  what we did see is he shook it off and came back ready to play.

but what i see as being a big challenge is how this team handles success.  that was one of the pretty wins.  they dominated on all sides of the ball including specials.  can they do the same on sunday?  the following thursday?  if they keep it up, look out.  success breeds success.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm standing in my kitchen grabbing a beer, Darnold rolls right, throws left back across his body...

pick 6. 

Are you friggin' kidding me? Throw the ball away you idiot!

SAME OLD ******* JETS! Didn't take long for this one to bust out. It's gonna be a long ass season. 

Anyway, we all know what happened next and this morning I floated all the way to the office.

But who else completely gave up on Darnold after that first throw? And didn't that make the rest of the night sweeter?

 

 

 

I chalked it up to the rook is gonna make mistakes and he just got the worst possible mistake out of the way so now lets relax and play the game

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Barkley had one great run the rest of the game did nothing at all.  Darnold he bad throw, the rest of the game was really good. 

Darnolds play was an integral part of winning the game.  Barkley made a two score game closer,

Nothing changed at all.  Giants made the wrong pick.  Which will become even worse as soon as Eli is finished.  

This isnt about a comparison, but what folks thought when they seen the first play of the season. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

beginning with the Butfumble [8 years ago] and anybody who experienced the pre-Parcells 90's; nothing should upset a Jets fan. We're all pretty used to embarrassing awful football by this team. I really haven't cared about football since Idzick came in. I got a little excited with Bowles' first year, but other than that I could care less.

 

Never would I miss a Jets game, if I did, it was the end of the world.. I probably only missed 3 or 4 throughout my life, and it was only because I was halfway across the world on a ship or something. I think I only watched half of the Jets games these past 2 or 3 years, and sometimes I had the time but chose to take a nap or even watch a chick flick with my girl instead. 

I was a member on Jets Insider before it folded and never recovered. I never bothered registering an account on another Jets forum, because I just did not care anymore.

 

on the pick:

I just thought to myself, ''oh well... at least Darnold gets the ball back and I can see what he does on the next drive." I didn't care about winning this game, I just wanted to see Darnold play. 

 

Before the game, based off of watching his demeanor on the field in preseason, I thought that Darnold can be the next Rothlisburger, Romo, Matt Ryan. after last night he might be the next  Elway, Montana, [Peyton ]Manning... 

 

Last year everyone thought that Darnold didn't want to play for the Jets because he seemed disinterested when asked about the possibility of playing for them. the truth is, Darnold could care less about storylines or publicity. He's the opposite of Rex Ryan or llavar Ball. the guy cares about one thing, and that's football

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed the first few minutes of the game and the interception, the most fun watching the Jets since...Parcells although Rex gave us something to cheer about.

The rest is a blurry hangover of random Jets disasters, Bubby Brister's shovel pass, Marino's fake spike, And Doug Brien double whiff at Heinz Field.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so pick 6 happens. I'm driving to Hoboken; so I missed the first throw. I tune-in to the FAN and they're saying he has to shake off the pick. I'm like " no way, they're talking about the Jets". Then, they say the Jets have the ball now and my mind automatically went to it being the O Line's fault and they should have waited to start him. But as I kept tuning in to the game, the drives happened quick. I was pleasantly surprised how well he recovered. I finally got to the bar and we were 17-17.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought f**k Detroit, that's all they get. Let's pound the living crap out of them.

This team plays like they believe for real and #14 is the reason.

I was actually bummed Detroit scored another point after that. The throw had the wrong arc. Should've launched it up higher and farther down the sideline to where only Powell had a chance. Not sure if anyone noticed but maybe it wasn't a pick-6 at the 19:

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 8.51.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 6.37.54 PM.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colin Cowherd called it - "it was perfect." It was a perfect way for him to begin. Failure has to be allowed for a young rookie. When it is, great things can happen. Great things DID happen. I like this kid a lot.

Another QB who threw a pick 6 on his first play ever? Brett Favre.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I literally laughed. The moment was peak Jets - Pretty sure even Darnold cracked a smile going off.

Kept the faith – He didn’t break where Sanchez did 99% of the time. His composure given the situation was incredible and showed more poise than most veterans would thereafter. 

Kid just looks legit as f*ck.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm standing in my kitchen grabbing a beer, Darnold rolls right, throws left back across his body...

pick 6. 

Are you friggin' kidding me? Throw the ball away you idiot!

SAME OLD ******* JETS! Didn't take long for this one to bust out. It's gonna be a long ass season. 

Anyway, we all know what happened next and this morning I floated all the way to the office.

But who else completely gave up on Darnold after that first throw? And didn't that make the rest of the night sweeter?

Didnt have the opportunity (wouldnt have bailed though, but the thought may have been there) I had a helluva time upgrading my directv package (i hate espn) 45 minutes on phone, so i missed 1st quarter and then some.  Pleasantly surprised with 10-7 lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

No.  If you seriously did that... you suck.

Darnold has shown composure, maturity beyond his years, and a short memory through college... OTAs.... camp... and pre-season.

Why in hell would you not at least give him a chance to show it again?  Honestly, you should have expected it.

The Jets have solved the problem.  His coronation isn't coming over night.   But make no mistake.... even a pessimist like me knows it is, in fact, coming.  A healthy Sam Darnold ensures plenty of playoff games for the Jets over the next 15 years.

That's a bit judgmental, don't you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...