Are we that good or are the Lions that bad?

EM31

Just now, EM31 said:

Or is it a bit of both?

Personally I think the stingy defense is real and even with an offense that was operating at last year's level I think we are a significantly improved.  If the offense is consistently better than last year then I think we could be off to the races.

Detroit fans may be in for a long year and even with that, almost everything that could go wrong for them last night did go wrong.

If we back up last night's performance this weekend against the fins then my own 8-8 prediction would change to one where we are in the conversation for a wild card pretty much all year long. 

10-6?

The Lions were overrated and the Jets underrated.

The Lions have a weak roster and are not good in the trenches.  Quinn has more work to do there.  

As I said in another post, Kirwan and his sidekick did not think that the Jets defense was improved from last year.  I think it is.  No Mo, Anderson/Shepherd, Williamson, better Lee, better Adams, and most importantly, Johnson and moving Claiborne over.  

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're not as good as we were last night, and the Lions aren't nearly as bad as they were last night.  It was simply a perfect storm type of game.

.....But who cares?  We still look like we might be decent.  And most importantly, Sam Darnold looks legit.  So while I don't expect to win any more 30+ point games the rest of this season, I do expect to beat Miami next week by about a touchdown. 

The bold means we very well could be "that good" Sam just does not have the look of a rookie . Im even giving him a pass on the first play for 2 reasons 

1. The play should never have been called on the first play of a rookies career just way too dangerous (and yes it was a designed play)\

2. I don't think he ever saw that Safety (could have easily been blocked out by another player as Sam looked back) because he looked back so quick and let it fly.

If Sam made any mistake at all it was pre snap when he should have recognised two deep 

Archived