Todd Bowles never had a prayer/chance throughout his first 3 years:

Defense Wins Championships

For all of those who continue to literally shove the "1st three years" of Todd Bowles down our throats?

I'll simply continue to emphasize the importance of...

Tom Landry: 9-28 after first 3 years (.243%).

Chuck Noll: 12-30 after first 3 years (.285%).

Weeb Ewbank: 13-22 after first 3 years (.371%)

Marv Levy: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Jimmy Johnson: 19-29 after first 3 years (.395%).

Dick Vermeil: 18-26 after first 3 years (.409%).

Bill Belichick: 20-28 after first 3 years (.416%).

Bill Walsh: 21-27 after first 3 years (.437%).

Mike Shanahan: 16-20 after first 3 years (.444%).

Bill Parcells: 22-25 after first 3 years (.468%).

Just to name a few. 

I'm sorry if that post above doesn't fit your agenda against Todd Bowles but you can not erase the history of the NFL regardless of how hard you try (perspective will always prevail). 

If it were up to a handful of Jet fan "geniuses" none of the (above) head coaches would've ever lived to see their 4th year (and beyond).

Which is absolutely hilarious to me; especially as a football fan who utilizes all of insight, knowledge, perspective and reality while judging an NFL head coach.  

And it's just weird to me how...

While criticizing the first 3 years of Todd Bowles you'll rarely see (if ever at all) any of these Todd Bowles sceptic's mentioning the less than ideal situations and circumstances in which he's literally been forced fed to coach under throughout his first 3 year(s). 

But don't worry, I'll point them out for you (since the pundits never will):

• Two career backups consisting of two losing JAG QB's in Fitzpatrick and McCown.

• Who've played for 15 different teams.

• And have ccombined for a (career) losing record of 72-120 and a combined career losing percentage of only .375%.

✓ With 0 playoff wins/zero postseason appearances. 

Yea, right, it's all "Todd Bowles' fault, right?

Laughable to say the least. 

And also no mention of the below?  

Aging and completely washed up players (all who are no longer in the league) in which Todd Bowles has been forced to coach such as...

Matt Forte.

C.J Spiller.

Eric Decker.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Ryan Clady.

Nick Mangold.

Willie Colon .

David Harris.

Calvin Pace.

Bruce Carter.

Darrelle Revis.

Antonio Cromartie.

etc, etc, etc. 

Where oh where are they now? Out of the league due to no longer being good enough, no?

No mention of the above, no?

(and believe me; you can keep on going).  

And also no mention whatsoever about the likes of bust(s) and/or career nothing's in...

Dee Milliner.

Calvin Pryor. 

Quinton Coples.

Dexter Mcdougle.

Breno Giacomini.

Wesley Johnson.

etc, etc. 

Let me guess, all "Todd Bowles" fault as well? Despite all of them already being Jets before the arrival of Todd Bowles? Mind boggling. 

Where oh where are they, now?

I truly pitty those who feel, act and pretend as if Todd Bowles ever had a fighting chance to win throughout his first 3 years.

And i honestly feel ashamed for those who've acted and pretended as if Todd Bowles was ever given a "perennial powerhouse contende" of a roster (ever) being capable of "winning" on a consistent basis.

The false myth of Todd Bowles teams being "undisciplined". 

Contrary to popular belief but during his first two years (combined) of 2015-2016 our Jets were (by far) the least penalized team within the entire league. 

No mention, no?

It's just disheartening to see so many NYJ fans harp all over his first 3 years while pissing all over him despite refusing to ever acknowledge the less than ideal situations and circumstances in which he's literally been forced to coach under (dating back to day one of his arrival). 

And with that said I've just presented a much better case for Todd Bowles than any of you have ever presented against Bowles as a head coach.

And before mocking me as a poster or attacking my post above? I challenge anyone of you to thoroughly present a better case against Todd Bowles the head coach after only his first 3 years. Better yet? I dare you; and I'll completely destroy your case with facts (as I've done above). 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

For all of those who continue to literally shove the "1st three years" of Todd Bowles down our throats?

Just to name a few. 

Any examples from this century? 

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And before mocking me as a poster or attacking my post above? I challenge anyone of you to thoroughly present a better case against Todd Bowles the head coach after only his first 3 years. Better yet? I date you; and I'll completely destroy your case with facts (as I've done above). 

Sorry but this isn't that kind of site.

Watch the guy coach he is awful.

If you are going to take that tact I expect at least as long of  post saying whey mccagnan has to be immediately fired for saddling poor todd with no players despite handing him all the toys by investing totally on defense for years.

My opinion of bowles has not changed after one huge game.

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Just to name a few. 

I'm sorry if that post above doesn't fit your agenda against Todd Bowles but you can not erase the history of the NFL regardless of how hard you try (perspective will always prevail). 

If it were up to a handful of Jet fan "geniuses" none of the (above) head coaches would've ever lived to see their 4th year (and beyond).

Which is absolutely hilarious to me; especially as a football fan who utilizes all of insight, knowledge, perspective and reality while judging an NFL head coach.  

And it's just weird to me how...

While criticizing the first 3 years of Todd Bowles you'll rarely see (if ever at all) any of these Todd Bowles sceptic's mentioning the less than ideal situations and circumstances in which he's literally been forced fed to coach under throughout his first 3 year(s). 

But don't worry, I'll point them out for you (since the pundits never will):

• Two career backups consisting of two losing JAG QB's in Fitzpatrick and McCown.

• Who've played for 15 different teams.

• And have ccombined for a (career) losing record of 72-120 and a combined career losing percentage of only .375%.

✓ With 0 playoff wins/zero postseason appearances. 

Yea, right, it's all "Todd Bowles' fault, right?

Laughable to say the least. 

And also no mention of the below?  

Aging and completely washed up players (all who are no longer in the league) in which Todd Bowles has been forced to coach such as...

Matt Forte.

C.J Spiller.

Eric Decker.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Ryan Clady.

Nick Mangold.

Willie Colon .

David Harris.

Calvin Pace.

Bruce Carter.

Darrelle Revis.

Antonio Cromartie.

etc, etc, etc. 

Where oh where are they now? Out of the league due to no longer being good enough, no?

No mention of the above, no?

(and believe me; you can keep on going).  

And also no mention whatsoever about the likes of bust(s) and/or career nothing's in...

Dee Milliner.

Calvin Pryor. 

Quinton Coples.

Dexter Mcdougle.

Breno Giacomini.

Wesley Johnson.

etc, etc. 

Let me guess, all "Todd Bowles" fault as well? Despite all of them already being Jets before the arrival of Todd Bowles? Mind boggling. 

Where oh where are they, now?

I truly pitty those who feel, act and pretend as if Todd Bowles ever had a fighting chance to win throughout his first 3 years.

And i honestly feel ashamed for those who've acted and pretended as if Todd Bowles was ever given a "perennial powerhouse contende" of a roster (ever) being capable of "winning" on a consistent basis.

The false myth of Todd Bowles teams being "undisciplined". 

Contrary to popular belief but during his first two years (combined) of 2015-2016 our Jets were (by far) the least penalized team within the entire league. 

No mention, no?

It's just disheartening to see so many NYJ fans harp all over his first 3 years while pissing all over him despite refusing to ever acknowledge the less than ideal situations and circumstances in which he's literally been forced to coach under (dating back to day one of his arrival). 

And with that said I've just presented a much better case for Todd Bowles than any of you have ever presented against Bowles as a head coach.

And before mocking me as a poster or attacking my post above? I challenge anyone of you to thoroughly present a better case against Todd Bowles the head coach after only his first 3 years. Better yet? I date you; and I'll completely destroy your case with facts (as I've done above). 

Good data and a very interesting post, Mrs. Bowles.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you are going to take that tact I expect at least as long of  post saying whey mccagnan has to be immediately fired for saddling poor todd with no players despite handing him all the toys by investing totally on defense for years.

My opinion of bowles has not changed after one huge game.

Nope.

It's not Mike Maccagnan's fault neither. He never had a chance to field a perennial powerhouse of a contending roster capable of winning either; it's called a complete team rebuild. 

Mike Maccagnan was hired in order to completely rebuild our roster throughout a thorough roster gut while consiting of roster turnover within the form of nothing but multiple roster purges (dating back since day one of his arrival). It's called a complete team rebuild (learn the definition). 

And coach Todd Bowles has been the one forced to coach under a complete team rebuild. 

And now Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles have landed their Franchise caliber signal caller in order to (actually) build/coach around our QB position (moving forward) along with now being positioned and projected to feature the NFL's second most amount of available salary cap space come 2019's offseason. 

Both of Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles deserve a (fair) chance to complete what they've started (moving forward). 

It's called perspective and I have no reason to ever apologize for having some. 

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope.

It's not Mike Maccagnan's fault neither. He never had a chance to field a perennial powerhouse of a contending roster capable of winning either; it's called a complete team rebuild. 

Mike Maccagnan was hired in order to completely rebuild our roster throughout a thorough roster gut while consiting of roster turnover within the form of nothing but multiple roster purges (dating back since day one of his arrival). It's called a complete team rebuild (learn the definition). 

And coach Todd Bowles has been the one forced to coach under a complete team rebuild. 

And now Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles have landed their Franchise caliber signal caller in order to (actually) build/coach around our QB position (moving forward) along with now being positioned and projected to feature the NFL's second most amount of available salary cap space come 2019's offseason. 

Both of Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles deserve a (fair) chance to complete what they've started (moving forward). 

Can you expand on the vital role of selecting Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd round, and how that was the key to the Macc Rebuild?  Thanks.

47 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Whether I agree or disagree with you, for a newbie to JN, I like the way you don't shy away from anything on your posts.

Welcome.

I am all for new people(hell im relatively new) jumping in the fray, but this is making the board unreadable to me.  It's impossible to escape his 1000 posts a day.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh but I have. 

And while watching him coach I've seen him forced to coach under a complete team re-build considering of nothing but roster turnover and multiple roster purges ala less than ideal situations and circumstances (for any Head coach). 

Maybe you haven't, but I have. 

Here. Let Mr break it down for you (once again)

Who have I "watched" him coach?

Let's start with two career losing QB's in Ryan sh*tztragic and Josh McCown (for one). 

• Who've played for 15 different teams.

• And have combined for a (career) losing record of 72-120 and a combined career losing percentage of only .375%.

✓ With 0 playoff wins/zero postseason appearances. 

Followed by having to watch him coach aging veteran's who were all too washed up to continue playing (and all of whom are out of the league as of today because of it). 

Matt Forte.

C.J Spiller.

Eric Decker.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Ryan Clady.

Nick Mangold.

Willie Colon .

David Harris.

Calvin Pace.

Bruce Carter.

Darrelle Revis.

Antonio Cromartie.

Where are they now?

What about career bust(s) and/or career nothing's who were all on his roster before arrival?

Dee Milliner.

Calvin Pryor. 

Quinton Coples.

Dexter Mcdougle.

Breno Giacomini.

Wesley Johnson. 

52 minutes ago, PS17 said:

That's not how "literally" works.

Seems like it's kinda his thing.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:15 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

as I'm typing as an longtime FSU fan there goes my dude Devonta Freeman for 20 at ease. And to think we took Saunders one pick earlier literally one pick earlier broke my heart 

On 9/7/2018 at 2:41 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

O-Line and Outside/Interior/Edge Pass-Rushers are literally the only two positional groups that I'll put my research and time into throughout 2018 and heading into 2019. 

On 9/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm not a big fantasy player anymore as it takes away from my Sunday enjoyment and overall entertainment as I literally hate rooting for guys like Brady, Gronk and Le'Veon etc

On 9/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Your GA Dogs are looking nice literally the only team I give a chance to finally knock off Bama out of the SEC. 

On 9/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Then can you explain why Pittsburgh has literally refused to let Le'Veon Bell walk as a FA and have since attacked Bell with a Franchise Tag during consecutive offseasons?

On 9/9/2018 at 12:20 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

1st & 2nd round offensive lineman (especially 1st rounders) have literally dominated both this league and All-Pro rosters alike. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Tom Brady would literally trade one of his SB rings away in order to make one more SB run with our WR room. 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:32 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I seen so many fans literally crown Khalil Mack and Chicago while being up 20-0. 

I truly feel bad for those who feel and believe as if Bowles has ever been handed a roster (after only 3 years) capable of winning on a consistent basis as if he's ever featured a ' "perennial powerhouse of a contender".

I also laugh at those who've claimed he's "undisciplined" despite throughout his first two years of 2015/2016 we were by far the least penalized team within the entire league under his watch. 

Still waiting for the Todd Bowles sceptic's to provide and present a better case against Todd Bowles during his 1st three years, as I have in favor of him (with my original post). 

It's yet to happen and to be blunt; it can't. 

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am all for new people(hell im relatively new) jumping in the fray, but this is making the board unreadable to me.  It's impossible to escape his 1000 posts a day.

He's also not "New", DWC has been around Jets Boards for ages, was a regular on JI for years.

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I truly feel bad for those who feel and believe as if Bowles has ever been handed a roster (after only 3 years) capable of winning on a consistent basis as if he's ever featured a ' "perennial powerhouse of a contender".

I also laugh at those who've claimed he's "undisciplined" despite throughout his first two years of 2015/2016 we were by far the least penalized team within the entire league under his watch. 

Still waiting for the Todd Bowles sceptic's to provide and present a better case against Todd Bowles during his 1st three years, as I have in favor of him (with my original post). 

It's yet to happen and to be blunt; it can't. 

I think you proved the septics wrong. Good work

Why is everything always complete extremes? Bunch of nuts on this board. It’s 1 game. Given that the change of direction/plan 2 years in to do a complete rebuild, there are a TON of ???s. They will ALL be answered by the end of THIS season and this year will be brutal if everyone goes from one extreme to the other after every game. Just root for Sam and progress and we will see where the chips fall.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope.

It's called, it does not take as four years to overhaul an NFL roster.  

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can you expand on the vital role of selecting Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd round, and how that was the key to the Macc Rebuild?  Thanks.

If you can show me an NFL GM who's never drafted a complete bust during the 2nd round? I'll call you a liar. 

I'll be waiting...

Archived