Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams.

44 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s possible to say Adams had a good game and that safeties shouldn’t be drafted high. Both are true. He flashed some ability last year. He needs to sustain last night’s success for a full season. 

If he does that he will be DPOY!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Quick story - I went to Philly several years ago for the Jets-Eagles game (a complete disaster with Sanchez at QB).  Attended with a buddy who is from Philly and a big Eagles fan.  After the game he takes me to a famous nearby strip club called Cheerleaders to console me after the loss. lol  We sit at the bar, order some drinks, watch some girls dancing in Eagles cheer uniforms and in comes Brian Baldinger.  Sits right across from us.  He sees me in my Jets jersey and my buddy in his Eagles jersey, and just nods his head and raises his glass.  It was then I realized the dude is missing a finger or something.  Weird day....but I digress.  Nice breakdown on our players, Baldy! 

I think one of those strippers must have had a biting p*ssy ... I bet he got fresh in the champagne room ... And she let him have it!

35 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Thank you @Villain The Foe for sharing

This was great to see. Did not realize Adams had to peel off the flat to break up that pass in the end zone watching live. TD saving play.

Im just glad Jets fans are happy. 

We've been bickering about a bunch of stuff. Last nights victory put things in perspective. This team has enormous potential and they may actually realize that potential. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s possible to say Adams had a good game and that safeties shouldn’t be drafted high. Both are true. He flashed some ability last year. He needs to sustain last night’s success for a full season. 

It's also possible to say that Adams had a great game and that safeties shouldn't be drafted high...  :-)

I think most people here will say:

(A) Adams will be really good / great for the position that he plays

(B) The position he plays shouldn't be drafted at 6

When we're talking about GMs, (B) is very relevant.  But if we're just watching him play, you might as well focus on (A) - who cares where he was drafted.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

And Groh doesn't even fall within the Belichick tree at all, he's got his own branch on the Parcells tree.  He was DC for Parcells' Pats while Belichick was in Cleveland.  He obviously never was under Beli in NE.

He was an assistant under Belichick with the Browns though. Of course, so was Nick Saban who isn't counted.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Haters are looking a for a play where perhaps the RB fell forward to gain half a yard off an Adams tackle.  They will post the whole video and zoom in. ?

Like him hitting the tackling dummy and dissecting the video attempting to prove he wasn't worth the 6th overall pick?  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The play where Jamal is checking the Rb in the flats but breaks off to the WR and dislodges the ball for a would be TD was an absolute thing of beauty.  Legit, probably the best play he's made as a Jet.

yup you can literally see him read the QB's eyes then have the speed to actually make that play, it was a thing a beauty

• Upvote 3

I watched Watson play in NE.  There is no way, under any circumstances, that I would prefer Watson to Sam.  For all his talent (and he has a TON of talent!)  Watson is extraordinarily reckless with his body.  If he continues to play like he did yesterday, Watson is going to be injured and miss time every damned season.  Just watch and remember this post.  Watson's style of play will get himself injured over and over.

I totally agree and said this all offseason. Watson plays that way because he can’t play QB at this level. Force him to stay in the pocket or within the system and make throws and he can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He was an assistant under Belichick with the Browns though. Of course, so was Nick Saban who isn't counted.

He spent 1 year as a position coach under Belichick in the middle of 11 years under Parcells as position coach, DC, and even HC.  Not that it's even a big enough deal to make an argument about, or that anyone really wants to take credit for Groh, but it's really the point that the only one of them without a losing record really has very little to do with Belichick.

39 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah idk I would still consider him more of a Parcells coach. I dont really count anyone pre Belichick’s patriot HC days as being from his coaching tree. Really begs the question of how good he would be without Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree, that's what I think of too.  Especially that he was a D.C.  But I guess he is part of both trees.  One successful (Parcells) the other (Belichick) not so much at all.  Not even close

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Adams played the way a sixth overall pick should play. For the first time since being drafted. If he keeps it up then I will fry that crow, eat that crow and lick my fingers afterwards. No problem.

Who you kidding, you already ate the crow.. had nothing to do with Adans play 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

By far Adams' best game as a pro. It would be nice if he spent the rest of his career shoving everything I've said about him back in my face.

Not that you posted this for my adulation, but I respect this a lot.  I don't mind who people love or hate or think sucks or whatever.  As long as people(any side of the debate) can give credit when it's deserved, that's all that can be asked for.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, tfine said:

Still would rather have Dehaun Watson.....

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Did you actually watch him play yesterday?? He looked incompetent and that is being generous. I saw a thing on Watson that what he was doing last year was not sustainable as he was taking huge risks on almost every play. Darnold is a MUCH better QB prospect. Much 

Did you actually watch him play yesterday?? He looked incompetent and that is being generous. I saw a thing on Watson that what he was doing last year was not sustainable as he was taking huge risks on almost every play. Darnold is a MUCH better QB prospect. Much 

For third time, I was being sarcastic. Jeez cmon! Lol

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Jamal been doing the these things especially vs the run since last year . The casual fan just don’t have clue as to what there watching without a deeper breakdown . 

Thank you.  Guys acting like this is some kind of revelation don't seem to know that he was flashing this ability in many games last year.  It's like they don't understand your rookie year isn't indicative of the player you'll always be.

• Upvote 2