Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Jamal and Sam compliment each other in their leadership styles, perfectly.  

Mr. Cool and Mr. Outspoken Charm...gotta love both for what they bring to this team.  Some of you people eat your young, give them a chance.  Everyone developes at their own rate, the entire team played a complete game Monday, can’t you be happy with that for now?  Next game start again.

You been the best addition to this board since the bacon emogi.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are the joke, and no, you are not on me. 

I didn't ask what he did in college.  I didn't ask what he did as a rookie.  I didn't ask about his 17th start.  I asked if you knew who he was covering "one on one" while playing "nickel back."  That post took a lot of characters when a simple "no" would have sufficed.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have to say that DWC butt fumbling this is pretty funny.  

I read all of his posts in this Ali G's voice, they are all pretty funny.. Hear me now, Respek

ali_g_by_paper_cube-d8mg13g.jpg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

These guys are absolutely raving about Jamal Adams while gushing about him as both a football player and on field leader. Some are considering him the greatest LSU Safety of All-Time while others are taking up his athleticism and athletic capabilities. One of the greatest LSU leaders in many of years as well. 

Joke is on you guys. 

Why is it, wherever you go - you self destruct like this? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are the joke, and no, you are not on me. 

I didn't ask what he did in college.  I didn't ask what he did as a rookie.  I didn't ask about his 17th start.  I asked if you knew who he was covering "one on one" while playing "nickel back."  That post took a lot of characters when a simple "no" would have sufficed.

I know exactly who it was against (I watch the games) but it doesn't matter "who it was against" because the fact of the matter is week one was only one example compared to 33% of his snaps last year as a rookie being played at CB. 

Which completely throws away the myth of "box Safety". 

What? Did you not watch the games last year and/or failed to recognize and take note(s) on how Todd Bowles utilized Adams all over the defense? 

The joke is on you. 

P.S: Adams was also lined up at SS in deep cover two during Lee's Pick-6. 

"Box Safety". 

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know exactly who it was against (I watch the games) but it doesn't matter "who it was against" because the fact of the matter is week one was only one example compared to 33% of his snaps last year as a rookie being played at CB. 

Which completely throws away the myth of "box Safety". 

What? Did you not watch the games last year and/or failed to recognize and take note(s) on how Todd Bowles utilized Adams all over the defense? 

The joke is on you. 

P.S: Adams was also lined up at SS in deep cover two during Lee's Pick-6. 

"Box Safety". 

You. Don't. Know. 

38 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You. Don't. Know. 

That's because Tomshame is stealing my material. 

Doesn't it seem odd to you that shame disappears and his polar opposite shows up out of nowhere? 

Cimini tweeted snap counts from a game last year and Adams played slot corner outside corner, edge rusher and safety. 

You can try to find it, it was posted here several times. 

I don't have Twitter but you can probably find it on ciminis page 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Doesn't it seem odd to you that shame disappears and his polar opposite shows up out of nowhere? 

Cimini tweeted snap counts from a game last year and Adams played slot corner outside corner, edge rusher and safety. 

I actually accepted this joker's stat of 1/3 of the time.  My point is/was that rolling up to cover a 260 lb UDFA TE our of Monmouth should not be treated like playing slot (or "nickel") corner against Golladay or Golden Tate.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually accepted this joker's stat of 1/3 of the time.  My point is/was that rolling up to cover a 260 lb UDFA TE our of Monmouth should not be treated like playing slot (or "nickel") corner against Golladay or Golden Tate.

covering the slot it covering the slot. 

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Oh ok got it 

I'm in the camp of not taking a S at 6 and criticized the pick, but Darnold makes where Adams was drafted irrelevant.  So long as Adams is good, it doesn't matter where he's picked with a franchise QB.

Jets could draft a P in the 1st rounder next year if he's good and it wouldn't matter. It's all about accumulating complementary pieces to make Darnold's life easier.  He has 3 such pieces on D at the 3 levels.  He needs more on O.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SMC said:

I'm in the camp of not taking a S at 6 and criticized the pick, but Darnold makes where Adams was drafted irrelevant.  So long as Adams is good, it doesn't matter where he's picked with a franchise QB.

Jets could draft a P in the 1st rounder next year if he's good and it wouldn't matter. It's all about accumulating complementary pieces to make Darnold's life easier.  He has 3 such pieces on D at the 3 levels.  He needs more on O.

This offseason is going to be Edge and then straight offense.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Adams isn’t elite when it comes to athleticism, he just isn’t, but that’s ok he’s more than athletic enough to be a complete safety in this league. 

Derwin James posses elite athleticism, but isn’t as good at playing the safety position as Adams.  

And that's okay!

Adams is a good player. He's bright and instinctive, and knowing where to go makes you faster on the field - even if you aren't an elite athlete at the position. 

It's not hating to point out what is true. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson had that safety beat almost two full seconds before Darnold threw that ball. It can’t be that slow. He has to recognize that his guy has the separation advantage much sooner.

To be fair I don’t think Darnold thought there was a chance in hell Robbie would be open considering the 2 high Safety defensive play call, Sam hitched his shoulder to get the Safety to bite on the slot receiver, and when the Safety bit Darnold had to shuffle in the pocket to get a clear lane to make sure what he thought he saw was real, and that is why the throw was a touch late, and a touch under thrown, if he was a 3 year proven Vet Franchise QB he would be praised for giving his WR a chance to make a plan on the ball not nitpicked for being a touch late, and under thrown.  It’s more good news IMO this just tells me as good as Darnold was he actually has space to improve, and he will improve which as a Jets fan makes me very confused because I don’t have a clue what to expect as a football fan rooting for a team with a young franchise QB it’s all uncharted territory.

I expect Sunday to be the loudest Jets crowd since the 2009 Jets VS Patriots game, unfortunately no matter how loud you get at MetLife it is barely heard, or felt by the players on the field extremely limiting the home field advantage.  I was at the 2009 Jets Pats game, and you couldn’t hear yourself think the entire game, and the building was shaking, and honestly it severely affected Brady he could not get checks, line shifts, or play changes communicated to his players which took away the biggest Brady advantage his ability to read a D, and check into a play, or route change to burn the defense.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, slats said:

And that's okay!

Adams is a good player. He's bright and instinctive, and knowing where to go makes you faster on the field - even if you aren't an elite athlete at the position. 

It's not hating to point out what is true. 

Honestly IF Adams talk of his film work, and study helped him know the offensive tendencies based on down, and distance, and he continues to do this, and be right in predicting what the offense is going to do before the play, and can relay this info to others like Lee, Leo, Avery W, and the rest of the secondary, and LB’s like Luke Keuchley does over in Carolina then him being picked at 6 with non elite athleticism won’t be an issue from me anymore, BUT he needs to reach that kind of level leadership wise, and continue to be an elite QB on the defensive side of the ball, week 1 was a great start for him, IF this continues all year his worth will be much more about what he does before the snap then what he shows after the snap, if he continues to win pre snap, and relaying the info to the rest of the D making everyone better then 1. You can’t measure that skill in terms of athleticism which is the main knock on him for being drafted that high, and 2.  The Jets will be a 10 win team easily if he is correctly lining up the D calling out the offensive plays out to his teammates before the snap, and is correct.

Man it’s impossible not to get over hyped right now as a Jets fan, come the Monday after week 4 we will have a much better grasp on what this Jets team really is, the Browns D should give the Jets offense fits, but I think our D can give them fits on Offense, and the team that blinks first in the huge mistake category will lose, and then going to Jacksonville the next week will close out the first quarter of the season, and against the 2nd best team in the AFC according to most, and see how the Jets handle that game to close out the first quarter of the season will go a long way to being able to get a handle on if the hype I (a lot of Jets fans) feel right now, either way watching Darnold play even if the season ends in a losing record will be fun all year, such a 180 from the past 8 years, and even thou the roster isn’t anywhere near as talented on the OL, and nowhere near seasoned, and ready to win on the defensive side it’s so obvious the most important position QB is by far so much more promising, and it won’t be long before he is the main reason why the team wins games not the team winning games in spite of him like the last time I, and Jets fans were feeling this kind of hype.  While 2018 may not be the success 2009 was, 2019 has the chance to be as successful as 2010, and hopefully more successful because the QB for the 2019 Jets will be head, and shoulders better then the Jets 2010 QB, and who knows what the supporting cast will be with 100 million to spend, players possibly wanting to come here to play because of the QB situation, and a 1st round pick.  

The present is fun, and exciting, but the future is possibly the brightest in franchise history, real good time to be a Jets fan!

Also to you guys who kept laughing at the cheap prices you paid the last few years to go to all the games instead of paying for the season tickets I think that gig is up, it might be cheaper to become a season ticket holder, shocked at the prices people are asking, and getting for the seats in my club section right now, last year couldn’t get 1/3 of those prices.

11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not saying it’s the right philosophy or the wrong one, but this isn’t true. In fact, we lucked into Sam almost exclusively because Gettlemen strongly believed that his high pick should be a potential gold jacket wearer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/giants/giants-draft-dave-gettleman-saquon-barkley-1.17711357

BCCB94BF-EDA4-4D39-BFC9-5AEBCDCCA735.jpeg

Thankfully Gettleman followed that philosophy and proceeded to pick the wrong guy.  For which we should all be forever grateful.  

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You could just as easily create the same topic of discussion on an open SEC Football forum and you would then receive the same types of insight from the likes of Alabama and Florida fans with regards to that of Jamal Adams the Football player. 

SEC fans alike know and understand the game of football and have watched some of these SEC animals develop into NFL legends on defense. 

Trust me, SEC fans know and understand defense more than a few of these Jamal Adams pundits ever could. 

Image result for my point your head gif

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. LSU faithful understand great defensive play more than FL Gator fans could ever grasp QB play.

Uhm . . . based on what?

My point is that no one cares what college fanboys think of their favorite players. It's not relevant to what type of NFL player so and so will become. I like Adams too, but stop bringing up fanboy sh*t from college. I could just as easily point to the Notre Dame fans I knew who LOVED Brady Quinn or USC fans who LOVED Matt Leinart, etc. 

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Since he's on the roster currently it's relevant .

See above 

4 hours ago, Larz said:

What are you talking about? Stealing your material?

With all do respect but it's been so long I don't remember you or even have an idea of who you are. 

I only responded to the above due to witnessing your false accusations three or four separate times before finally posting in reply. 

And before you go accusing other Jet fans of being a Tomshane or PatsFanTx type of troll? Maybe you should first go and inbox a moderator and ask any which one about my I.P address and where it's coming from and you'll see I'm posting from my home right down here in Tampa Bay, Florida. Saint Petersburg, to be specific. 

And I'm pretty sure that no "Tomshane" is going to pack up his belongings and move him and his family down south to right here in Saint Petersburg, Florida; in order to impersonate the infamous "DWC". 

I know reverse psychology as well. Maybe it's you with the guilty conscience who's really TomShane and posting in disguise as a polar opposite? I don't know, because I don't know who you are to begin with. Mods, check this man's IP address lol. 

You sound psychotic man.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

To be fair I don’t think Darnold thought there was a chance in hell Robbie would be open considering the 2 high Safety defensive play call, Sam hitched his shoulder to get the Safety to bite on the slot receiver, and when the Safety bit Darnold had to shuffle in the pocket to get a clear lane to make sure what he thought he saw was real, and that is why the throw was a touch late, and a touch under thrown, if he was a 3 year proven Vet Franchise QB he would be praised for giving his WR a chance to make a plan on the ball not nitpicked for being a touch late, and under thrown.  It’s more good news IMO this just tells me as good as Darnold was he actually has space to improve, and he will improve which as a Jets fan makes me very confused because I don’t have a clue what to expect as a football fan rooting for a team with a young franchise QB it’s all uncharted territory.

I expect Sunday to be the loudest Jets crowd since the 2009 Jets VS Patriots game, unfortunately no matter how loud you get at MetLife it is barely heard, or felt by the players on the field extremely limiting the home field advantage.  I was at the 2009 Jets Pats game, and you couldn’t hear yourself think the entire game, and the building was shaking, and honestly it severely affected Brady he could not get checks, line shifts, or play changes communicated to his players which took away the biggest Brady advantage his ability to read a D, and check into a play, or route change to burn the defense.

Dan Orslovsky did a great breakdown of this thrown and really praised Sam for realizing Detroit only sent 3 rushers and taking his time in the pocket for something to develop.  I do think you make a good point, that he may not have thought it was possible for Robby to be that open and hesitated, which required him to hesitate even longer until he passed by the safety.  Who knows, but either way, its great that teams have to play the entire field against our offense now.

Also - couldnt agree more about the stadium acoustics and its a huge indictment of Woody and the Giants ownership.  When a literal genius buys a football team, you get a stadium like Seattle.  Paul Allen actually paid for a crowd noise study and designed the stadium to trap noise and give a home field advantage - novel idea.  The Jets/Giants used a design from a soccer stadium where noise is meaningless, because they liked the lights surrounding the stadium, apparently not realizing or caring that 80% of football is played in daylight and when played at night, the fans are inside and cant see the lights anyway.

9 hours ago, BigO said:

Then stop calling him a SAFETY 

Why would I do that?  Because he is a safety?  Because when you see him in the pro bowl he'll be playing that game as a S?   ?

Or maybe it would make sense for a handful of fans who keep calling him just a box safety