Jump to content

Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams.


Villain The Foe
 Share

Recommended Posts

Per PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-32-nfl-observations-week-1-2018

New York Jets: Last Monday, second-year safety Jamal Adams racked up three defensive stops against the run when he lined up within eight yards of the line of scrimmage. Since he entered the league in 2017, Adams has accumulated 28 stops when he’s lined up within those eight yards, five more than any other safety in that span.

 

FYI: In the same article I found this :-k

 

Minnesota Vikings: Interior defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson racked up seven total quarterback pressures against the 49ers in Week 1, which was tied for the most among interior defenders last week and the most he’s had in a single game since Week 17 of the 2015 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

can't help it, while Baldy crows about JA peeling off his assigmnet to break up the pass..   does no one wanna admit a DECENT throw and Adams is a spectator to a TD? 

You still going on about this ? Damn you know your running out of reasons to hate about when you start bringing up hypotheticals .

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's mind boggling

And it's hard for me to believe that there are still a few (agenda driven) pundits who will...

A.) Completely ignore a stand out Rookie campaign out of a young kid who just recorded 82 tackles, 6 passes defended, 2.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, multiple hard hits, a seasons worth of highlight-reel like plays, an All-Rookie team selection, top 5 Defensive Rookie of the Year award honors, top 10 overall in votes for Rookie of the Year and followed up by another monster performance during only his 1st game of only his 2nd season etc, etc. 

All while...

B.) Harping over "0 INT's" as a Rookie. 

It's simply mind boggling. 

But these types of Jet fans and self proclaimed Football 101 geniuses are the only one's who are completely clueless with regards to the Safety position and the overall impact in which it has on a Defense. 

Just take two of the 2017's First-Team and All-Pro Safety's for an example.

These same Jamal Adams criticizers would've been the first ones to attack Kevin Byard's rookie season as Tennessee Titan fans (2016) for recording "0 INT's" despite playing in all 16 games including a "whopping" 7 starts as a Rookie with (once again) 0 INT'S; before ever giving the kid a chance to breakout as only a 2nd year player who recorded 8 interception(s) and an All-Pro Selection (2017). 

Harrison Smith of the fierce Minnesota Vikings defense is another 2017 All-Pro First-team selection and current 3x Pro Bowler; despite only averaging a "whopping" 2.86 interceptions per season throughout his 6 year career. 

"INTERCEPTIONS". 

These sharks within our waters who harp all over "0 INT's" during only Jamal Adams' rookie season are absolutely and truly clueless and all you can do is LAUGH at them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's mind boggling

And it's hard for me to believe that there are still a few (agenda driven) pundits who will...

A.) Completely ignore a stand out Rookie campaign out of a young kid who just recorded 82 tackles, 6 passes defended, 2.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, multiple hard hits, a seasons worth of highlight-reel like plays, an All-Rookie team selection, top 5 Defensive Rookie of the Year award honors, top 10 overall in votes for Rookie of the Year and followed up by another monster performance during only his 1st game of only his 2nd season etc, etc. 

All while...

B.) Harping over "0 INT's" as a Rookie. 

It's simply mind boggling. 

But these types of Jet fans and self proclaimed Football 101 geniuses are the only one's who are completely clueless with regards to the Safety position and the overall impact in which it has on a Defense. 

Just take two of the 2017's First-Team and All-Pro Safety's for an example.

These same Jamal Adams criticizers would've been the first ones to attack Kevin Byard's rookie season as Tennessee Titan fans (2016) for recording "0 INT's" despite playing in all 16 games including a "whopping" 7 starts as a Rookie with (once again) 0 INT'S; before ever giving the kid a chance to breakout as only a 2nd year player who recorded 8 interception(s) and an All-Pro Selection (2017). 

Harrison Smith of the fierce Minnesota Vikings defense is another 2017 All-Pro First-team selection and current 3x Pro Bowler; despite only averaging a "whopping" 2.86 interceptions per season throughout his 6 year career. 

"INTERCEPTIONS". 

These sharks within our waters who harp all over "0 INT's" during only Jamal Adams' rookie season are absolutely and truly clueless and all you can do is LAUGH at them. 

You ok Tom? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are the 2018 AFC Pro Bowl Safeties:

Safeties: Eric Weddle (Ravens), Reshad Jones (Dolphins), Micah Hyde (Bills), Kevin Byard (Titans)

When you factor in Adam's PR-ability and the fact that the Pro Bowl is based in part on fan votes, if Adams continues to play like he did last Monday there is a very strong chance he makes the Pro Bowl this year.

His biggest competition are likely the new Safeties-Minkah, Derwin James, Malik Hooker.  

For me personally, I want to see Leo make a difference this season to make it worth his option year/extension.  I did not see that on Monday.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would I do that?  Because he is a safety?  Because when you see him in the pro bowl he'll be playing that game as a S?   😀

Or maybe it would make sense for a handful of fans who keep calling him just a box safety 

Square safety 🤪

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you talking about? Stealing your material?

With all do respect but it's been so long I don't remember you or even have an idea of who you are. 

I only responded to the above due to witnessing your false accusations three or four separate times before finally posting in reply. 

And before you go accusing other Jet fans of being a Tomshane or PatsFanTx type of troll? Maybe you should first go and inbox a moderator and ask any which one about my I.P address and where it's coming from and you'll see I'm posting from my home right down here in Tampa Bay, Florida. Saint Petersburg, to be specific. 

And I'm pretty sure that no "Tomshane" is going to pack up his belongings and move him and his family down south to right here in Saint Petersburg, Florida; in order to impersonate the infamous "DWC". 

I know reverse psychology as well. Maybe it's you with the guilty conscience who's really TomShane and posting in disguise as a polar opposite? I don't know, because I don't know who you are to begin with. Mods, check this man's IP address lol. 

You sound psychotic man.

 

Enough already. That quote above will be my last reply towards you. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, flgreen said:

Gonna kind of hate seeing this week be done.  Been fun rewatching the game on Gamepass, and the continued highlights.

Hope next week is going t be as much fun.  We'll see

I feel ya. I watched the game again last night. 

It's rare to see such a complete game from the players to the coaches. If we can just continue this.....

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

This was one specific thread that really bothered me at the time and one that I've yet to forget. Had to defend Jamal Adams like a dog. 

"Box Safety" my ass. Could harp all over interceptions all they wanted still couldn't change the fact that after only two seasons of play he's an All-Pro 2nd team and robbed of 1st team honors, Defensive MVP of the pro bowl (some say meaningless, but I say he was still there and played lights out) and just read an article where you can state #33 is (already) the greatest Safety within Jets Franchise history. Experts now RAVE about this kid as a rare defensive cornerstone to build around. 

And all of the he's "not a leader" was horse crap. Just ask Le'Veon Bell (a player I couldn't stop talking about as a potential Jet throughout his Pittsburgh holdout) and he'll tell you otherwise; as in Jamal Adams recruited him like a dog. Kid is the spitting image and definition of a natural born leader. 

There is no guarantee that Patrick Mahomes would look like KC's version of today, if had been drafted into a Jets offense two years ago who (as we all know) as a franchise has struggled with offensive weapons for far too long now; my user name hasn't been DWC for nothing. I can guarantee he wouldn't be the Mahomes of today. Not without Le'Veon Bell and not behind this makeshift offensive line he wouldn't. 

You give me Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold during back to back drafts? And you just guaranteed me two leaders to build around on both sides of the ball. That's special. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This was one specific thread that really bothered me at the time and one that I've yet to forget. Had to defend Jamal Adams like a dog. 

"Box Safety" my ass. Could harp all over interceptions all they wanted still couldn't change the fact that after only two seasons of play he's an All-Pro 2nd team and robbed of 1st team honors, Defensive MVP of the pro bowl (some say meaningless, but I say he was still there and played lights out) and just read an article where you can state #33 is (already) the greatest Safety within Jets Franchise history. Experts now RAVE about this kid as a rare defensive cornerstone to build around. 

And all of the he's "not a leader" was horse crap. Just ask Le'Veon Bell (a player I couldn't stop talking about as a potential Jet throughout his Pittsburgh holdout) and he'll tell you otherwise; as in Jamal Adams recruited him like a dog. Kid is the spitting image and definition of a natural born leader. 

There is no guarantee that Patrick Mahomes would look like KC's version of today, if had been drafted into a Jets offense two years ago who (as we all know) as a franchise has struggled with offensive weapons for far too long now; my user name hasn't been DWC for nothing. I can guarantee he wouldn't be the Mahomes of today. Not without Le'Veon Bell and not behind this makeshift offensive line he wouldn't. 

You give me Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold during back to back drafts? And you just guaranteed me two leaders to build around on both sides of the ball. That's special. 

How about also bumping the threads of you talking bad about that Khalil Mack trade. 

Produced a #1 defense for the Bears and a division title with playoff birth

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How about also bumping the threads of you talking bad about that Khalil Mack trade. 

Produced a #1 defense for the Bears and a division title with playoff birth

 

lol I've said it since day one. It's Super Bowl or bust for Mack and the Bears. You don't give up MULTIPLE 1st round draft picks for a defensive player + a boat load of cap space for anything less, than a SB. 

Le'Veon Bell is the big name player I wanted to spend our $ on. But as a FA. And we got him. And a chance to get a Bosa or Allen come draft night too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:43 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I agree with not being able to test for these plays at the combine. I've always loved Adams dating back to his LSU & SEC days but I knew he was official on the Marshan Lynch tackle. He sprinted sideline to sideline while hawking down Marshawn Lynch, hurtled over two fallen Jet teammates, closed in on and tackled Lynch as if he were a ragdoll. 

You can not test for that type of hunger, drive, motor, determination or heart. #33 is a dog out there. And very competitive by nature he's a natural. 

 

Hits nail on head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

People need to stop with this "box Safety" nonsense. 

Jamal Adams was used @ CB 33% of the time as a rookie last year.

And even on his first career interception @ Detroit was lined up as a Nickel back in one on one coverage. 

This man is a complete Football player who can run, tackle and cover. He's all around and a very, very rare type of Defensive gem. 

Put this kid on the trade block today and you're getting a 1st round offer from 31 other NFL GM's by tonight at the very latest.  

Todd Bowles has been utilizing Jamal Adams throughout not only our Secondary but also as an LB against the run since day one. 

He's a versatile playmaker with versatility in his game, so how the fk is this now being spun into a complaint and/or a knock on Jamal Adams... when he's one of the most versatile Secondary players within the entire league? 

Box Safety my ass. Jamal Adams was never an LSU "Box Safety" but instead roamed their entire defense. 

For anyone (and everyone) who thought or ever felt that this kid was not worth a top 1-3 draft pick let alone a steal at 6th overall? I'm sorry; but you do not know Football. 

And another one. I'm sorry but I've never forgotten this thread while having to defend Jamal Adams against angry Jet fans.

It's insane how you have to defend talented young Jet players against a lynch mob of Jet fans despite the fact the kid was on the verge of becoming an NFL Superstar with 2 Pro-Bowls and 1 First-team All-Pro after only 3 years. 

And if it's Jeudy/Lamb this year, they'll get crapped on too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Did this really need bringing back after 6 months of inactivity?

Yes.

Because this thread became one of my favorite Jet threads of recent memory that I have not forgotten about. 

Why?

Because you can have an incredibly gifted athlete on our roster (staring clueless football fans right in their face) but yet those nay saying Jet fans will always tell you "just how wrong you really are" and it's absolute horse crap. 

This Jamal Adams thread has so much epic failure within it that you can not stop laughing while reading through these post(s); and it's the offseason with a bad virus floating around so laughter can become a breath of fresh air.  

Moral of this story? Never call out an absolute great young talent and try and run him out of town (while still developing) with horse crap titles such as "box safety" without expecting to become exposed later on. 

Fans who pointed to "Interceptions" during his rookie season should be ashamed of themselves... As they do not know Defense whatsoever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

XD

So there is a segment of fans like me.

I see Jamal as a very valuable piece to any D, I wouldn't mind giving him a top safety contract but think giving him a Top D player contract is of 18-20M+ per year is counter productive.

 

Along with that aspect of the situation some fans, myself included, find his self serving, self-aggrandizing personality to be grating.

I wouldn't call myself a detractor as I think his play is exceptional and he will be paid accordingly, I would like him to be a Jet as long as his contract is not prohibitive to the teams success. 

I do think he and his personality are annoying. I also think his **** riding fanboys are annoying. Anything that gets his and their panties in a bunch will bring a smile to my face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...