Deion Jones put on IR

Jetster

A lot of Jet fans brought him up when discussin Darron Lee. Darron Lee will be playing this Sunday...Deion Jones is gone for the year. Advantage Darron Lee. 

Can Jet fans please let players develop & get experience before using the bust label? Check Brian Baldingers video on Jamal Adams. The play in the endzone when he hits the WR is a thing of beauty, he 1st takes that flat, keeps his eyes on Stafford, rotates his hips inside while heading towards the WR & smacks him as soon as he gets his hands on the ball & knocks it out of hands. Absolutely awesome recognition of what he was seeing & reaction to where the play went. He also just SMASHES Marvin Jones and wreaks havoc in the backfield. 

Some really nice film that I'm sure Bowles will be praising in the film room. Also my son who lives in Nashville told be me we got a rising LB in Avery Williamson when Mac signed him. Nail....head.

26 minutes ago, cant wait said:

wow Deion jones & keanu neal out for the year... huge losses for Atlanta 

HUGE LOSSES. Falcons are as thin as a razor with their depth. Jones was a tackling machine. When you play Drew Brees twice a year, losing your safety & fastest LB? NOT GOOD. 

33 minutes ago, Jetster said:

A lot of Jet fans brought him up when discussin Darron Lee. Darron Lee will be playing this Sunday...Deion Jones is gone for the year. Advantage Darron Lee. 

Can Jet fans please let players develop & get experience before using the bust label? Check Brian Baldingers video on Jamal Adams. The play in the endzone when he hits the WR is a thing of beauty, he 1st takes that flat, keeps his eyes on Stafford, rotates his hips inside while heading towards the WR & smacks him as soon as he gets his hands on the ball & knocks it out of hands. Absolutely awesome recognition of what he was seeing & reaction to where the play went. He also just SMASHES Marvin Jones and wreaks havoc in the backfield. 

Some really nice film that I'm sure Bowles will be praising in the film room. Also my son who lives in Nashville told be me we got a rising LB in Avery Williamson when Mac signed him. Nail....head.

Lee has had one excellent game in his career so far... no make that one excellent half.  He needs to show this more consistently before he can be considered a good draft pick.  The number of plays where he has absolutely sucked throughout his career thus far is far greater than the number of his good plays.  He has a long way to go.  

Only a fool would use one very good half as a justification to dismiss 2 years of horrid sucktitude.  In the end, I hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Lee has had one excellent game in his career so far... no make that one excellent half.  He needs to show this more consistently before he can be considered a good draft pick.  The number of plays where he has absolutely sucked throughout his career thus far is far greater than the number of his good plays.  He has a long way to go.  

Only a fool would use one very good half as a justification to dismiss 2 years of horrid sucktitude.  In the end, I hope you are right.

He was the TWENTIETH pick in the 1st round! He did more in one half than Vernon Gholston. Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor & Quinton Coples did in their Jet careers COMBINED! 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think it's more accurate to say he has played well in other games but has never dominated until yesterday.

48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

lol stop.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol stop.

Why? In this league you have to be available. It's like Watt, Clowney & Mercillus, I wouldn't pay any of those guys big dollars. That's why the Jets won't be in the Ziggy Ansah sweepstakes. I'm hearing there are some stud pass rushers in this upcoming NFL draft, with Lee, Williamson, PPL, Adams, Maye, Clairborne, Tru, Nickerson, Middleton, Brooks, Jones, of the Jets get some pass rushers on the edge, these quick guys behind a big rush could raze havoc.

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He was the TWENTIETH pick in the 1st round! He did more in one half than Vernon Gholston. Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor & Quinton Coples did in their Jet careers COMBINED! 

Dee Milliner was AFC Defensive Player of the Week (2013 week #17) and won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month (December 2013). 

If you are ranting about a good half, you might want to consider how you'd be jumping up and down about that before the 2014 season.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hey, I object to your statement.  Dee performed a relatively huge pop hit back in the 70s with Elton John.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why? In this league you have to be available. It's like Watt, Clowney & Mercillus, I wouldn't pay any of those guys big dollars. That's why the Jets won't be in the Ziggy Ansah sweepstakes. I'm hearing there are some stud pass rushers in this upcoming NFL draft, with Lee, Williamson, PPL, Adams, Maye, Clairborne, Tru, Nickerson, Middleton, Brooks, Jones, of the Jets get some pass rushers on the edge, these quick guys behind a big rush could raze havoc.

The best ability is availability?  That is the Eli Manning duck and cover back foot throw flinching argument.  Rodgers got carted off.  I'd take him.

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The best ability is availability?  That is the Eli Manning duck and cover back foot throw flinching argument.  Rodgers got carted off.  I'd take him.

You have to be a promoter of Lee as a bust the last 2 years, your trying to hard to stand up for your position. Another Jet fan who puts themselves in a position to cheer against their own to be proven right. 

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You have to be a promoter of Lee as a bust the last 2 years, your trying to hard to stand up for your position. Another Jet fan who puts themselves in a position to cheer against their own to be proven right. 

I don't think he is a bust.  He hasn't been worth his draft position, but I appreciate the GM taking a shot on a guy with his athletic ability.  I always felt he was an ILB, not an OLB and I value those considerably lower, but he was also pick #20, not #6. 

I don't have anything to defend here, but I was pointing out that your statement was completely false.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Isn’t the point of this thread to compare him to Deion Jones?

Exactly, but we can't now because Deion Jones won't be playing anymore this year so Lee will definitely have a much better season! 

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I took Atlanta’a D in my FF, ****!

You don’t know pain. I traded Kamara for Michael Thomas and Le’Veon Bell.

sounds like a steal right? Get a top 5 WR and a top 5 RB for one top 5 RB.

No, Bell had to hold out. Luckily I gambled on his replacement and he put up 150 yards. Still unsteady about a consistent starter while Bell sits out.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t know pain. I traded Kamara for Michael Thomas and Le’Veon Bell.

sounds like a steal right? Get a top 5 WR and a top 5 RB for one top 5 RB.

No, Bell had to hold out. Luckily I gambled on his replacement and he put up 150 yards. Still unsteady about a consistent starter while Bell sits out.

wait you have connor? then you absolutely fleeced that guy— bell/connor + thomas > kamara

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Yes. I picked Connor up on FA wire and he did great but I still lost by a considerable amount because Big Ben threw 4 interceptions and I had the Saints Defense.

wow congrats anyway though, that’s the kind of move that could win your league. rule #1 of Big Ben: never start on the road

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

You started a thread.... about a player who some people.... kind of wanted... 3 years ago?  Because he got hurt, and now Lee was the right move? 

Changing the culture of the Jets starts with dropping sh*t like this.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Are you actually trying to claim that being better than other 1st round busts all of whom are out of the league, means that Lee was a good pick?   Alright... Lee is the best of the worst if it makes you happy.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

DarronLeeGBWK9-768x432.jpg

That's only one example and can post a few more but nonetheless Darron Lee was the highest rated defensive player against Buffalo so no, last night was not his first time standing out as he really started to impress towards the end of last year but I do agree, last night was his best performance ever. Only a 3rd year player with all of the athleticism and potential in the world.  

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

They all sucked, but you're overstating a bit.

Milliner won a defensive player of the week award as a rookie, intercepting 2 passes.

Coples averaged 5.5 sacks over his first few seasons, which still would have led the team last year.

Pryor had 2 picks, 6 passes defended and a forced fumble in his sophomore season. People were high-5'ing his great leap forward from year 1 to year 2.

Gholston...OK I've got nothing, lol. His biggest contribution was getting cut to clear the roster spot for the infinitely more valuable Garrett McIntyre.

Archived