~ ~ Dolphins @ Jets : Sun, Sept. 16 ~ ~

British Jet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, British Jet said:

This British Jet is flying to New York tomorrow morning and is bringing good old fashioned English noise and vociferous support to Block 123 in MetLife on Sunday.

Watch out for the Green and White Union Jack flag waving high. That'll be me.

Let's get it.

Jet up.

You gonna sing You'll never walk alone or some other schlocky old song? 

43 minutes ago, British Jet said:

This British Jet is flying to New York tomorrow morning and is bringing good old fashioned English noise and vociferous support to Block 123 in MetLife on Sunday.

Let's get it.

Jet up.

36 years in NY originally from south London here.

Enjoy the trip! It looks like a great time for you to catch your first Jets game and despite what others may say about the Patriots the Dolphins are still the ancient enemy. A battle of undefeated teams.

The beer is WAY better here than it was when i first came over and depending on whether or not you are attached, American women are still pretty impressed if you play the accent card in a bar.

Bangin' a Giants fan is a bad idea for a number of reasons however.

I have a Mo Wilkerson Jersey that I would be willing to part with for a small consideration. 

Let's get it.
Jet up.
I thought you were talking about Woody Johnson at first lol have a good trip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This could have been partly because of the garbage time defense in the fourth quarter, but this has to improve next week ...

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

This is a must game for both teams esp the Jets since it's a home game. Because to make the playoffs you'd have to split in the division. 

F*ck a split with the Fins! I had us beating the Lions & starting 3-0, plus going 5-1 in the division. One down in that prediction, next up Fins at home. Gotta win your division games at home, its a MUST! Jets have tremendously improved their secondary, while fins traded Jarvis Landry, Jets improved at Center & have a healthy Winters back, Fins let Suh walk. Jets let lazy Mo walk, traded for Henry Anderson, drafted Shepard, have a healthy McClendon back, upgraded MLB with Avery & Adams is crashing down on the running game to slow down Drake. We replaced the glue horse Forte with Crowell,  Cameron Wake is FREAKING 36 years old! Convert 3rd downs & wear his old azz out for the 2nd half so Sam can get his work done. Jets have a QB that can extend plays, use the entire field, throw 50 yard dimes and covert 3rd downs.

My only fear is a game like last Mondays goes to these guys heads but I find it hard to believe that with opening home game, crazy f*cking raucous loud crowd, our young QBs debut at Metlife, that we're not gonna get anything but 110% on Sunday.

33 minutes ago, Jetster said:

F*ck a split with the Fins! I had us beating the Lions & starting 3-0, plus going 5-1 in the division. One down in that prediction, next up Fins at home. Gotta win your division games at home, its a MUST! Jets have tremendously improved their secondary, while fins traded Jarvis Landry, Jets improved at Center & have a healthy Winters back, Fins let Suh walk. Jets let lazy Mo walk, traded for Henry Anderson, drafted Shepard, have a healthy McClendon back, upgraded MLB with Avery & Adams is crashing down on the running game to slow down Drake. We replaced the glue horse Forte with Crowell,  Cameron Wake is FREAKING 36 years old! Convert 3rd downs & wear his old azz out for the 2nd half so Sam can get his work done. Jets have a QB that can extend plays, use the entire field, throw 50 yard dimes and covert 3rd downs.

My only fear is a game like last Mondays goes to these guys heads but I find it hard to believe that with opening home game, crazy f*cking raucous loud crowd, our young QBs debut at Metlife, that we're not gonna get anything but 110% on Sunday.

Basically yes on all of this.  I still have niggling worries about Bowles ability to let this team come out flat after a big win but really, if you want your team in the conversation at all this year then this game is close to a must have.

I would imagine the Dolphins fans feel the same way about their own team but they are about to be "....corrected" (best Shining voice)

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

36 years in NY originally from south London here.

Enjoy the trip! It looks like a great time for you to catch your first Jets game and despite what others may say about the Patriots the Dolphins are still the ancient enemy. A battle of undefeated teams.

The beer is WAY better here than it was when i first came over and depending on whether or not you are attached, American women are still pretty impressed if you play the accent card in a bar.

Bangin' a Giants fan is a bad idea for a number of reasons however.

I have a Mo Wilkerson Jersey that I would be willing to part with for a small consideration. 

STD's???

Dolphins linebackers aren't great. Which I think works well into the Jets crossing/short/id routes that we saw Monday... I think the Jets can also run on them too... Have some success with that, make the safeties cheat up towards the line, then take a few long chances. Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I didn't say split with the Fins I said split in the division. Which means if we lose 2 to NEP we have to go 3-1 against Buff and Mia. And I don't really think we are going to lose two to the Cheats. Although they will attempt to confuse Sam and will probably to some degree succeed because they confuse even vet Qbs. 

Matt Stypulkoski‏ @M_Stypulkoski

Marcus Maye doesn’t have his helmet during the stretch, but Jermaine Kearse does. Kevin Pierre-Louis is in the field for practice, back from suspension #Jets

Josh Martin has his helmet, too.

1:50 PM - 12 Sep 2018

Just now, C Mart said:

Matt Stypulkoski‏ @M_Stypulkoski

Marcus Maye doesn’t have his helmet during the stretch, but Jermaine Kearse does. Kevin Pierre-Louis is in the field for practice, back from suspension #Jets

Josh Martin has his helmet, too.

1:50 PM - 12 Sep 2018

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 

LB Kevin Pierre-Louis is back from suspension and practicing today. #Jets have a roster exemption from league, but must cut someone before activating him to play.

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 

LB Kevin Pierre-Louis is back from suspension and practicing today. #Jets have a roster exemption from league, but must cut someone before activating him to play.

I think its Burris

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Whats up man? Least your predictions are better than Raiderholics.

How are ya big fella? Nice to have an exciting matchup between our squads. Darnold has me really worried. Big, Tall, Strong, Handsome (ok maybe not handsome). Dude looks the part out there. And now the secondary looks to be complete with the final addition being Johnson. Oh, and Daron Lee is actually a Linebacker. Who knew!? I think my fins either get blown out or it's a close game that could go either way late.

2 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

How are ya big fella? Nice to have an exciting matchup between our squads. Darnold has me really worried. Big, Tall, Strong, Handsome (ok maybe not handsome). Dude looks the part out there. And now the secondary looks to be complete with the final addition being Johnson. Oh, and Daron Lee is actually a Linebacker. Who knew!? I think my fins either get blown out or it's a close game that could go either way late.

Historically speaking we always lay a big fat bomb after a very good game. Like always, but hey, the kid looks good, team played way above expectations. I will ride it out till they throw my fat ass off for taking two seats up. Good luck Monday. Also wishing you and your safety in the storm thats coming.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=endlink

Jets now have a 39% percent of making the playoffs, according to 538. But even better, the Giants, who are too low to see below, only have a 6% chance, which amuses me greatly. The win-now team that drafted Barkely ahead of Darnold, only 6%. Excuse me while I go laugh hysterically.

538.PNG

Anybody see the Dolphin/Titans game? Looks from the stats like the Dolphins got a big play in every phase to squelch the Titans in a strange, extended delay game. Looks to me like the Jets are all about containing the big plays and keeping the Dolphins slogging for short yardage. And avoiding TO's. Tannehill is no Stafford, but the Dolphins have a good ground game with Gore and Drake. If the Jets can read the offensive signals again, they should take this one handily ( ? ). If not....

Jets 27

Dolphs  17

Archived