~ ~ Dolphins @ Jets : Sun, Sept. 16 ~ ~

British Jet

Will there still be a full set of game-film for the Dolphins from Sunday? I know when they went back after the second delay there was limited replays etc.... because the camera crew had packed up. 

May add a bit of difficulty in our preparations. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a Miami team that lost 8 out of their final 10 games last year. And a Dolphins team who's also coming off an offseason in which they lost multiple impactful players such as Jarvis Landry, Mike Pouncey, Jay Ajayi and Ndamukong Suh and a QB in Ryan Tannehill who's only 1 game removed from a 2017 season ending injury (ACL tear during training camp). 

We're going to absolutely destroy these guys. And by at least 20 points too.

Sam Darnold come his home debut is going to send our stadium into an absolute feeding frenzy. 

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is a Miami team that lost 8 out of their final 10 games last year. And a Dolphins team who's also coming off an offseason in which they lost multiple impactful players such as Jarvis Landry, Mike Pouncey, Jay Ajayi and Ndamukong Suh and a QB in Ryan Tannehill who's only 1 game removed from a 2017 season ending injury (ACL tear during training camp). 

We're going to absolutely destroy these guys. And by at least 20 points too.

Sam Darnold come his home debut is going to send our stadium into an absolute feeding frenzy. 

1)  I hope you'rte right.  I'm going to the game with my family - 1st time since week 2 against Jags in 2011!!  so I want that win!!

2)  Miami lost 8 of its last 10...well one of those 2 wins was against us....ugh

Sunday has the potential to become an awesome NFL Sunday for us Jet fans.

I had no idea until a moment ago but just now realized and absolutely love how our Jets game vs. Miami is a 1:00 game followed by N.E @ Jacksonville as a 4:25 kickoff.

I love it. We'll now be able to watch and focus on both games.

Take care of Miami. It's a must. We'll then improve to 2-0 which means that N.E's game @ Jacksonville come 4:25 will be for 1st place and sole possession of the AFC East.

As a fan base we'll be pulling for the Jaguars as if they're the JETS!

I already can not hide my enthusiasm for Sunday's games and it's only early Friday morning. And Dante Fowler Jr. returns from his 1 game suspension to face off against the Patriots this Sunday too. 

Notable AFC games come Sunday:

1:00 - Jets (1-0) vs. Dolphins (1-0). 

1:00 - Steelers (0-0-1) vs. Chiefs (1-0). 

4:25 - N.E (1-0) @ Jacksonville (1-0).

4:25 - Broncos (1-0) vs. Raiders (0-1).

Despite Kansas City being 1-0 I'd love for Pittsburgh to start off 0-2 therefore I'm pretty sure I'll hope K.C wins and improves to 2-0 with Pittsburgh dropping to 0-2. However, I can't picture Ben Roethlisberger dropping his home opener. Pittsburgh should win. 

N.Y Jets: 2-0. 
Jaguars: 2-0. 
Bengals: 2-0.
Broncos: 2-0. 

Handle business against Miami and our Jets could be one of only 4 AFC teams left who's batting 100% moving forward. 

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sunday has the potential to become an awesome NFL Sunday for us Jet fans.

I had no idea until a moment ago but just now realized and absolutely love how our Jets game vs. Miami is a 1:00 game followed by N.E @ Jacksonville as a 4:25 kickoff.

I love it. We'll now be able to watch and focus on both games.

Take care of Miami. It's a must. We'll then improve to 2-0 which means that N.E's game @ Jacksonville come 4:25 will be for 1st place and sole possession of the AFC East.

As a fan base we'll be pulling for the Jaguars as if they're the JETS!

I already can not hide my enthusiasm for Sunday's games and it's only early Friday morning. And Dante Fowler Jr. returns from his 1 game suspension to face off against the Patriots this Sunday too. 

Notable AFC games come Sunday:

1:00 - Jets (1-0) vs. Dolphins (1-0). 

1:00 - Steelers (0-0-1) vs. Chiefs (1-0). 

4:25 - N.E (1-0) @ Jacksonville (1-0).

4:25 - Broncos (1-0) vs. Raiders (0-1).

Despite Kansas City being 1-0 I'd love for Pittsburgh to start off 0-2 therefore I'm pretty sure I'll hope K.C wins and improves to 2-0 with Pittsburgh dropping to 0-2. However, I can't picture Ben Roethlisberger dropping his home opener. Pittsburgh should win. 

N.Y Jets: 2-0. 
Jaguars: 2-0. 
Bengals: 2-0.
Broncos: 2-0. 

Handle business against Miami and our Jets could be one of only 4 AFC teams left who's batting 100% moving forward. 

hope you're right, but I am seeing a lot of people taking the dolphins this week.  I mean a LOT!  it's scary.  I know it's the ol' "Same Ol' Jets" crap but still....we need a win Sunday, or everything from last Monday will disappear.  You can tell the media is prepping for it.

8 minutes ago, kelly said:

Week 2 NFL score predictions A guide to best games, more           http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/viewersguide-week2 

damn.  it's what I've been saying:  this game scares me.  A ) because I'm going and B ) because if they lose, it basically nullifies all the good feeling we have from Monday night.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, nycdan said:

something to keep an eye on:

Word over at finheaven is that starting Guard Josh Sitton has a shoulder issue and is not practicing.  The mood in the room is that they have no quality backup and they are very concerned if he can't go Sunday.  

It was just announced he's out for the season with a torn rotator cuff.

For anyone who hasn't watched, I would suggest taking a look at the highlights of the Miami/Ten game to get a true picture. Seriously not impressed with their offense. This is a game that the Jets SHOULD win this week. Miami won because: 1) TEN had horrendous tackling. Missed tackles all over the place. 2) Mariota threw 2 terrible interceptions. 3)Kickoff return to start 4th Q when their offense only managed 10 points.  4) Long TD in 4th Q by Stills which again, showed poor tackling. 

Tannehill threw some bad picks too and who knows what would have happened if Mariota didn't get injured and they weren't up against Gabbert. Obviously, the Jets can always pull a no-show this week (wouldn't be the first time) but based on talent alone, this should be considered a must win game if we are going to be playoff contenders this year. 

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

For anyone who hasn't watched, I would suggest taking a look at the highlights of the Miami/Ten game to get a true picture. Seriously not impressed with their offense. This is a game that the Jets SHOULD win this week. Miami won because: 1) TEN had horrendous tackling. Missed tackles all over the place. 2) Mariota threw 2 terrible interceptions. 3)Kickoff return to start 4th Q when their offense only managed 10 points.  4) Long TD in 4th Q by Stills which again, showed poor tackling. 

Tannehill threw some bad picks too and who knows what would have happened if Mariota didn't get injured and they weren't up against Gabbert. Obviously, the Jets can always pull a no-show this week (wouldn't be the first time) but based on talent alone, this should be considered a must win game if we are going to be playoff contenders this year. 

I did this last night.  As a Rangers fan, I was a little surprised to hear a familiar voice calling the game!!

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Fish watched the film of the Lions game and the Jets pass defense.  Expect a heavy dose of power running game.

Gang tackle Kenyan Drake... do not let him bust long runs.

The end.

That's what I am hoping for because I honestly believe that if the Dolphins try to use Drake and Gore and rely on the running game they will have the same success as the Lions did.....zero. Especially now that they lost a lineman. Bring it on. 

14 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

That's what I am hoping for because I honestly believe that if the Dolphins try to use Drake and Gore and rely on the running game they will have the same success as the Lions did.....zero. Especially now that they lost a lineman. Bring it on. 

Don't celebrate just yet.  The grossly premature Darron Lee hype train will derail if a man as big and fast as Drake gets past the LOS. 

This is a divisional game.  Everything we think we know often gets thrown right the f*ck out the window.    

54 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Do you really believe the Jets are that much more talented than the Dolphins? I think the rosters stack up pretty evenly. 

47 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Don't celebrate just yet.  The grossly premature Darron Lee hype train will derail if a man as big and fast as Drake gets past the LOS. 

This is a divisional game.  Everything we think we know often gets thrown right the f*ck out the window.    

No doubt division games will always be tougher than most. Would I be surprised if the Jets lost this game? C'mon man, I've been a fan for over 20 years, I've seen this story play out. What you say about Lee is absolutely the truth so hopefully Williams, Shephard, Williamson, Anderson etc. are up for the challenge. If they play like they did during the PS and game 1 they will be. But you never know who shows up on Sunday. 

24 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Do you really believe the Jets are that much more talented than the Dolphins? I think the rosters stack up pretty evenly. 

Talent wise, no. I'm just basing this off of their week 1 play, and believe me I know that Week 1 means little to how a season will play out. I guess my point is (and this is totally based off the highlight tape above, I didn't watch the game) that I didn't see many plays where the RB/WR was open due to design. I saw a bunch of runs that SHOULD have been tackled after 3 yards that turned into 15+. Without those plays, I think it will be tough for Tannehill to compete on Sunday. 

Miami has just lost their offseason addition and starting LG in Josh Sitton who's a former 3x All-Pro and 4x Pro Bowler. 

After losing Mike Pouncey as their 3x Pro Bowl Center to Free Agency this past offseason combined with the loss of their starting LG in Josh Sitton...

These guys could be on the verge of featuring a makeshift like Buffalo Bills type of catastrophic O-Line disaster waiting to happen and the loss of Jarvis Landry is impossible to overcome on top of this. 

Jets will slaughter them by 20+. 

17 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Talent wise, no. I'm just basing this off of their week 1 play, and believe me I know that Week 1 means little to how a season will play out. I guess my point is (and this is totally based off the highlight tape above, I didn't watch the game) that I didn't see many plays where the RB/WR was open due to design. I saw a bunch of runs that SHOULD have been tackled after 3 yards that turned into 15+. Without those plays, I think it will be tough for Tannehill to compete on Sunday. 

Well if we base this week's game off week 1 play the Dolphins have no shot after seeing what the Jets did to Lions on the road in prime time. TBH I'm not even sure what to make of the Dolphins 1st game. It was bizarre. Tons of injuries and a 3 hour lightning delay dead smack in the middle of the game. But like I said I think the teams are pretty even at nearly every position. I think the one thing I'd hang my hat on is that Sam is a rookie QB and playing his first divsional rivalry game. It just so happens we have 2 pretty good pass rushers on each side (Wake & Quinn). While Darnold does not appear to be a typical rookie qb, i'm hoping the pressure off th edge can make him look like one on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Well if we base this week's game off week 1 play the Dolphins have no shot after seeing what the Jets did to Lions on the road in prime time. TBH I'm not even sure what to make of the Dolphins 1st game. It was bizarre. Tons of injuries and a 3 hour lightning delay dead smack in the middle of the game. But like I said I think the teams are pretty even at nearly every position. I think the one thing I'd hang my hat on is that Sam is a rookie QB and playing his first divsional rivalry game. It just so happens we have 2 pretty good pass rushers on each side (Wake & Quinn). While Darnold does not appear to be a typical rookie qb, i'm hoping the pressure off th edge can make him look like one on Sunday.

Hey man, welcome back.

Fair point on Darnold.  Nobody knows what to expect in game 2 but those edge rushers are definitely a valid concern.

Question for you.  Does Bobby McCain handle taller WRs well or do they give him Safety help on most snaps?  He's giving up 6" or so to any of Anderson, Enunwa or Pryor so I'm curious how they tend to play that.  

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Miami has just lost their offseason addition and starting LG in Josh Sitton who's a former 3x All-Pro and 4x Pro Bowler. 

After losing Mike Pouncey as their 3x Pro Bowl Center to Free Agency this past offseason combined with the loss of their starting LG in Josh Sitton...

These guys could be on the verge of featuring a makeshift like Buffalo Bills type of catastrophic O-Line disaster waiting to happen and the loss of Jarvis Landry is impossible to overcome on top of this. 

Jets will slaughter them by 20+. 

I can see how someone who doesn't follow Dolphins football intensely can make this assessment. But it's wrong. Mike Pouncey was vastly overrated and hardly ever available. The sitton loss hurts. The O-Line play I saw Sunday is the best I've seen in years from this team. But Buffalo Bills bad after losing Sitton??? No way. Tunsil & James, solid bookend 1st round draft choices. Kilgore at center has brought a grittiness that Pouncey lacked.  We are fine. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Hey man, welcome back.

Fair point on Darnold.  Nobody knows what to expect in game 2 but those edge rushers are definitely a valid concern.

Question for you.  Does Bobby McCain handle taller WRs well or do they give him Safety help on most snaps?  He's giving up 6" or so to any of Anderson, Enunwa or Pryor so I'm curious how they tend to play that.  

That's a great question. We're all worried about the possibility of him covering a tall & speedy Robby Anderson. Not only is McCain small but he's not particularly fast either. The thinking is he is going remain the other starting boundary corner this game and he will have safety help over the top. No matter how you look at it this seems like a definite advantage for the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

That's a great question. We're all worried about the possibility of him covering a tall & speedy Robby Anderson. Not only is McCain small but he's not particularly fast either. The thinking is he is going remain the other starting boundary corner this game and he will have safety help over the top. No matter how you look at it this seems like a definite advantage for the Jets. 

Thanks.  I would expect Darnold to try to pry the Safety help off his side for just that reason.  He pulled it off on the Anderson TD last week so you can expect Bates will be trying to get that going again.  McCain 1-on-1 with Pryor is a matchup that would seem to be highly exploitable if they can pull it off.

I'm especially curious to see if Minkah is in that situation and if, being a rookie, he is more susceptible to that.  They list him as the backup.  Did he get a lot of snaps last week?

19 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

I can see how someone who doesn't follow Dolphins football intensely can make this assessment. But it's wrong. Mike Pouncey was vastly overrated and hardly ever available. The sitton loss hurts. The O-Line play I saw Sunday is the best I've seen in years from this team. But Buffalo Bills bad after losing Sitton??? No way. Tunsil & James, solid bookend 1st round draft choices. Kilgore at center has brought a grittiness that Pouncey lacked.  We are fine. 

Teams don't trade great Centers for 7th round throw away picks, that's what the 49ers got for Kilgore. Dolphins were all ready starting a rookie Guard & now they've gone from a 4 time pro-bowl guard to a journeyman. Jets strength is stopping the run. Metlife is gonna be NUTS Sunday, excitement is at an all time high after that opener on MNF. 

Defense ALWAYS has the edge at home when the crowd goes crazy & I believe this crowd with the arrival of Darnold, Adams smashing anything that moves, and Leo lining up on either a rookie or a backup is going to be very similar to 2010 vs Pats at Metlife. Except Tannyhill is no Tom Brady. That was the siren game. I actually think it may take the Jets a little while to play within themselves, they may be too pumped up. But if Miami makes an early mistake or falls into a bunch of 3rd & longs, Jets might jump all over them & get them out of their gameplan. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Thanks.  I would expect Darnold to try to pry the Safety help off his side for just that reason.  He pulled it off on the Anderson TD last week so you can expect Bates will be trying to get that going again.  McCain 1-on-1 with Pryor is a matchup that would seem to be highly exploitable if they can pull it off.

I'm especially curious to see if Minkah is in that situation and if, being a rookie, he is more susceptible to that.  They list him as the backup.  Did he get a lot of snaps last week?

Yes and he was terrific. I don't wanna jinx it, but it appears we finally hit a home run on a 1st round pick. He's mainly in the slot right now but they move him around a lot. He mad a touchdown saving tackle on a 4th and goal that was a thing of beauty. I feel pretty good about our secondary as a whole. McCain is a good player it's just the height disparity is tough to ignore. I'm more concerned with stopping the run. Titans are supposed to be a tough physical running team and I thought we held up pretty well. But still we have no namers playing inside for us now that Suh is gone.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Teams don't trade great Centers for 7th round throw away picks, that's what the 49ers got for Kilgore. Dolphins are were all ready starting a rookie Guard & now they've gone from a 4 time pro-bowl guard to a journeyman. Jets strength is stopping the run. Metlife is gonna be NUTS Sunday, excitement is at an all time high after that opener on MNF. 

Defense ALWAYS has the edge at home when the crowd goes crazy & I believe this crowd with the arrival of Darnold, Adams smashing anything that moves, and Leo lining up on either a rookie or a backup is going to be very similar to 2010 vs Pats at Metlife. Except Tannyhill is no Tom Brady. That was the siren game. I actually think it may take the Jets a little while to play within themselves, they may be too pumped up. But if Miami makes an early mistake or falls into a bunch of 3rd & longs, Jets might jump all over them & get them out of their gameplan. 

What rookie guard are we starting? LOL. Also I never said anything about Kilgore being a great center. I said he's a gritty player. If you read between the lines there he's basically an undersized so-so talented guy but he has a lunch pail attitude. I totally get the excitement behind the jets right now. Blowout on MNF and it look's like you got your guy at QB for the next 10 years. MetLife is going to be NUTS. If you look back early in this thread i predicted 2 scenarios. A close game with either team taking it late or decisive jets victory. 

35 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

These two teams are not pretty much even at all positions.

From top to bottom it's no secret that these 2018 Jets are much more talented when in comparison to Miami. 

• We have a much better Secondary featuring the likes of Trumaine Johnson and Morris Claiborne as our two #1 CB's and two SEC beast 2nd year Safety's in Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. 

• After losing Jarvis Landry your WR's can not compare against ours. We're the only NFL team who features 4 former 800+ yard receivers in Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Jermaine Kearse and Terrelle Pryor. 

• Frank Gore @ RB is now 35 years old when in comparison to our prized FA RB in Isaiah Crowell who's just now entering his prime as a back who feasted with the Cleveland Browns. 

• You all lost your Pro Bowl Center in Mike Pouncey to free agency and now just lost your starting LG and an All-Pro/Pro Bowl player in Josh Sitton. Could create for a Buffalo like disaster nonetheless a weaker O-Line than ours. 

• Last but not least rookie or not we're much better at the QB position. Ryan Tannehill is above average and he's now 30 years old with a career QB Rating of only 86.5 and only 1 game removed from a season ending injury when in comparison to that of Sam Darnold who's the highest rated QB Prospect dating back to Andrew Luck and one who just posted a QB Rating of 116.8 during his 1st career start on Primetime National Television. On the road at that. 

Miami has a better outside pass rush and pretty much nothing else.

Sunday will speak for itself but until then, to state that we're pretty much even at all position(s) couldn't really be further from the truth especially considering the fact that since the start of the offseason you all have lost true talent in Jarvis Landry, Mike Pouncey, Jay Ajayi, Ndamukong Suh and now Josh Sitton and a 30 year old QB only 1 game removed from a season ending ACL tear. 

There is really not a lot to like about your Miami roster especially from a top to bottom talent stand point there isn't... 

More and more predictions coming in and some(ESPN and CBS to name a couple) are picking the 'Fins... And I love it. Let the Jets keep that chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. Keep that us vs. the world mentality and the confidence that comes with it.

But, you know, also play a good game...

17 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

What rookie guard are we starting? LOL. Also I never said anything about Kilgore being a great center. I said he's a gritty player. If you read between the lines there he's basically an undersized so-so talented guy but he has a lunch pail attitude. I totally get the excitement behind the jets right now. Blowout on MNF and it look's like you got your guy at QB for the next 10 years. MetLife is going to be NUTS. If you look back early in this thread i predicted 2 scenarios. A close game with either team taking it late or decisive jets victory. 

Maybe I'm thinking about 1 of your tackles, do you have a rookie on the oline?

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

More and more predictions coming in and some(ESPN and CBS to name a couple) are picking the 'Fins... And I love it. Let the Jets keep that chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. Keep that us vs. the world mentality and the confidence that comes with it.

But, you know, also play a good game...

that's exactly how I think of it.  don't like to see too many people saying Jets will win.  "NFLPickwatch" compiles pretty much all picks against spread.  Jets are picked in 80% of them currently....ugh

27 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You take the home team in division games. Always, unless the home team STINKS. Ravens undressed the Bills & if Marvin Lewis wasn't a complete DOLT (Is there even a question why this guy is an O fer in the playoffs?). Bengals are up big, they were mixing it up beautifully, they have like 3:14 or something like that till halftime. AND THEY ARE RECEIVING THE BALL AFTER THE HALF! What do they do? They throw the ball 3 straight times, take only 14 seconds off the clock & have to punt it away & allow the Ravens to score & get back into the game before halftime! WTF?

I could see Belichick in that position & Josh McDaniel doing that, BB would blow his f*cking LID. 

thumb-24 (1).jpg

Revis to be named honorary team captain on Sunday for Sam Darnold's home debut; and I absolutely love it. 

At the end of the day Revis retired a Jet and goes down as one of the NFL's greatest coverage corners of All-Time. 

Fireman Ed & #24 Revis both returning for Sam Darnold's home debut as a Jet; and I absolutely love it.

Sunday will become a historic day for our Franchise. 

Archived