One thing about Monday nobody is discussing

JohnnyLV

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

Good points 

We need Kearse to take the heat off of Q on 3rd down, Miami will be all over that 

Love that bates showed a lot of different things, but Miami knocked the titans around and got physical with mariota 

Might be a good week to mix in draws and screens 

Perfect way to beat the edge rushers they have. An early reverse or flea flicker might also get their ends to keep from getting too aggressive.

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

One thing about this is that this is how Patricia plays Defense.  He normally rushes 3 and dares qbs to throw... which can be difficult for rookie QBs... he doesn't typically rush the QB... Just his style.... so he stuck with his style.

Well I can guarantee that Miami isn’t gonna just rush 3 and they have Wake who always eats us for breakfast - and don’t knock Tannehill out of the game because Miami’s backup usually beats us. Not sure if it’s still Matt Moore or could it be Petty? In either event Jets can handle Tannehill. I don’t wanna see Moore. 

4 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I know everyone is focused on "Sammy D" and rightfully so, but some other things I took from Monday were more team related.

This team was ranked #32 last year.  over/under was 1.5 wins.  predicted to possibly be the worst offense in NFL history.  we won 5 games.  got "Seffarian Jenkined" in 2 games that cost us.  plus the atlanta game.  2nd game against Miami?  I mean you could get hit by lightning twice in three seconds before anyone could lose that game again.  My point is:  we could have / should have been at least 8-8 last year.

and that was with McCown.  we didn't have Enunwa, didn't have Crowell (ask Bart Scott about him!), no TJ on D, etc etc etc

yes, we should be much better this year looking at our team now vs team then, but our schedule is the problem.  Detroit/Miami/Cleveland doesn't sound so bad, but in 10 days?  and we better get like 7-8 wins in our first 10, because anyone look at our last 6 games??

look at 2014 schedule.  when you start off 1-7, kinda makes it tough to make a run you know?  if we can just get out of these 1st 3 games at least 2-1 (3-0 would be REAL nice!) I think the Jets can build on that.  but they need to keep the momentum rolling.  if they can get to like 7-3 or so when they hit those last 6 games, maybe momentum can help.

The over/under was about 5, and onlydropped in Sept to even out the betting. Enunwa was already out, it went down after adding Kearse/Kerley, plus that over/under probably had an early-October McCown injury factored in.

Could've been 8-8, and also could’ve been 2-14. We were neither.

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

While I agree with this premise, I cannot help but get goose bumps when I think of how good Sam is going to be. Not how good he might be, how good he will be. You can see it. You can feel it.

Hey i'm right there with you buddy. I can say with complete confidence, that i've never seen the jets, at QB especially look this legit. We'll see if the D can replicate that execution, but Darnold is the real deal, and honestly? It's a scary feeling to be like "so....we're good now?"

But... we gotta take a deep breath here.

"It's a process"  -E. Mangini, 

6 hours ago, BigO said:

I can undetstand Cleveland screwing up. They’d screw up a wet dream. BUT the Giants? Who woulda thunk it?

It was arrogance by both teams.  Baker Mayfield is a glorified Kellen Clemens how any rational person could take him over Sam Darnold is mind blowing.  Barkley will be a good running back but Sam is clearly the pick 

10 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Eli is NOT Elite.  

He has no offensive line.  Flowers looks like a total liability even at RT and Solder and Hernandez did not play well last Sunday

They will get back on track against the Cowboys but so far our offensive line looks better

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Well I can guarantee that Miami isn’t gonna just rush 3 and they have Wake who always eats us for breakfast - and don’t knock Tannehill out of the game because Miami’s backup usually beats us. Not sure if it’s still Matt Moore or could it be Petty? In either event Jets can handle Tannehill. I don’t wanna see Moore. 

I have a dolphin fan at work and we were talking about Petty.  Supposedly, according to her, he got a season-ending injury in early September.  Out.

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Good points 

We need Kearse to take the heat off of Q on 3rd down, Miami will be all over that 

Love that bates showed a lot of different things, but Miami knocked the titans around and got physical with mariota 

Might be a good week to mix in draws and screens 

Kearse was full participant in practice yesterday, so he should be okay to go.

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Petty was waived -- I believe with injury settlement.  I think Moore is a free agent still looking for work.  Tannehill's back ups are Brock Osweiler and David Fales.  Osweiler was active last week; Fales was not, so I guess Brock is their #2.

Just now, Lith said:

Petty was waived -- I believe with injury settlement.  I think Moore is a free agent.  Tannehill's back ups are Brock Osweiler and David Fales.  Osweiler was active last week, so I guess he is their #2.

Maybe petty can perfect his Madden skills in the CFL developmental league

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Frankie Luvu eyeblack was epic!

His hair wasn't bad either.

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

One thing hardly anyone is talking about is the OL play, in particular Brandon Shell.

I’m loving this zone blocking scheme Dennison has implemented and Shell looks to be a big beneficiary.

He carried over his strong play from the pre-season into Monday night. Had multiple key blocks, including the designed QB run where Darnold picked up a 1st down and the 62 yard Crowell TD run. I was one of the people complaining when Macc traded that future 4th rounder to move up into the 5th and draft him that year. But I’ll be damned if it isn’t starting to pay off and then some. Jets should think about extending him very soon.

They did look good.  I didn't look specifically at Shell much, but he must have been solid.  I didn't complain about the trade up for Shell, but have been complaining ever since.  I think it is way too early to talk about extending him, but hopefully he keeps it up.

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He was excellent and should get an extension during the season before he becomes overpriced.

Shell was drafted in 2016.  He is signed through 2019.  No reason to do anything with him until this off-season at the earliest.  

12 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agree. Might also want to extend Enunwa (as well as Shell). If he stays healthy, looks like he could be the real deal.

Enunwa will be an UFA.  They will have to do a deal with him.

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Petty was waived -- I believe with injury settlement.  I think Moore is a free agent still looking for work.  Tannehill's back ups are Brock Osweiler and David Fales.  Osweiler was active last week; Fales was not, so I guess Brock is their #2.

I think they picked up Luke Falk too, so they are carrying 4 QBs.  Who could be so stupid?

Archived