Lions Players Upset with Matt Patricia

joewilly12

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change is hard.  Demanding more, demanding excellence is hard.  Changing a culture of laziness is hard.

All other things notwithstanding, if Patricia is trying to bring "The Pats Way" to a team utterly unused to it, it's going to take time and a ton of effort.

Most NFL players are exceptionally lazy and will do the least possible, especially veterans.  The Pats pull it off because half-a-dozen-Super Bowls.

Bill's disciples have so much trouble because they're not Bill, and players lol at the Bill Way without the Bill Rings.

Just now, freestater said:

To do what he allegedly* did in college, you have to be a mean, miserable mf-er. That's probably why he's disliked. Never really heard of anybody on Andy Reid-led team have difficulty with having a fat coach

Andy Reid is more of a players coach, we are talking about the contradiction of being a hardass making the players work extra hard while having the body of a walrus

17 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Tom Brady is responsible for the Patriots success.  I repeat, Tom Brady is responsible for the Patriots success.

There's a reason why none of the coaching techniques or methods that Belicheat uses works outside of NE.  His best coaching technique is letting Tom Brady touch the ball 70 times per game.

I think Brady is great but I also think Belichick is a huge reason they're successful. Look no further than their record without Brady. Coaches failing to replicate what he has done doesn't mean he isn't great. It means they weren't able to replicate what he does. 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Vet players dictate the dynamics and accountability. Beli didn’t create the ‘patriot way’ guys like mcginest, bruschi, etc did. Beli just normalized it. It has to come from players

Yep, coaches manage, players lead. This is why the confluence of PrezMal and Sam is setting up to work nicely. Jamal brings the swag and passion on D, Sam brings the cool & productivity to the O.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShoR17PjaL-G3dKMfVWBL

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think Brady is great but I also think Belichick is a huge reason they're successful. Look no further than their record without Brady. Coaches failing to replicate what he has done doesn't mean he isn't great. It means they weren't able to replicate what he does. 

They have never looked nearly as good without Brady.  Again, 5-13 before Bledsoe gets destroyed.  And then they looked to be about a .500 team while Brady was serving his suspension back in 2016.  Got lucky against the Cardinals when Cantazaro missed the game winner, beat the Dolphins, beat the Texans, lost to the Bills.  

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

They have never looked nearly as good without Brady.  Again, 5-13 before Bledsoe gets destroyed.  And then they looked to be about a .500 team while Brady was serving his suspension back in 2016.  Got lucky against the Cardinals when Cantazaro missed the game winner, beat the Dolphins, beat the Texans, lost to the Bills.  

They went 11-5 with Cassell and 3-1 without Brady last year with a 2nd & 3rd string QB. How good they "looked", lulz

21 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Tom Brady is responsible for the Patriots success.  I repeat, Tom Brady is responsible for the Patriots success.

There's a reason why none of the coaching techniques or methods that Belicheat uses works outside of NE.  His best coaching technique is letting Tom Brady touch the ball 70 times per game.

Completely agree.  Belicheat has a losing record as a head coach without Brady. That's a fact and indisputable.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They went 11-5 with Cassell and 3-1 without Brady last year with a 2nd & 3rd string QB. How good they "looked", lulz

11-5 with Cassell was a 5 game drop off from the year before.  AND they missed the playoffs.  Not to mention that Cassell was a pretty good QB (made a pro bowl with the Chiefs).

How about 11-5 with Mark Sanchez as your QB?  Now that's impressive.

And Tom Brady started 16 games last year, bruh.

18 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

I think Mangini was building something here until he got force fed favre. He should have been his own guy. He tried as well to be like belicheat. Well never know what could’ve been there. Also I think tomlin is overrated also

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree. Favre was not something that was in the plans for Mangini. Mangini became super conservative and coached very tentatively that year. 

17 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

11-5 with Cassell was a 5 game drop off from the year before.  AND they missed the playoffs.  Not to mention that Cassell was a pretty good QB (made a pro bowl with the Chiefs).

How about 11-5 with Mark Sanchez as your QB?  Now that's impressive.

And Tom Brady started 16 games last year, bruh.

Missing the playoffs is pretty irrelevant since it's very rare to miss playoffs w/11 wins. 5 game drop off from undefeated? They would have regressed to the norm WITH Brady. He's a great QB so not having him obviously makes winning more difficult. Your assertion is the only reason the Pats are good is Brady - so shouldn't they win a lot fewer than 11 games without him? Shouldn't they do worse than 3-1 to start a season without him?

No team is consistently more prepared than the Pats and they almost always have a top 10 defense to go along with Brady. I don't think you're giving BB enough credit. He's an all-time great coach. I wonder if Parcells would have won rings without him?

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is correct. Yes he did blow the ghost pick but he brought in a major influx of talent including brick and mangold in his first draft. I believe mawae and Jenkins were big FA pick ups during his tenure as well. Monsters on the line!!!

He even gave us the fifth pick in the Sanchez draft for chump change. lol
One thing it’s hard to take from mangini is his personnel moves for the jets.

The first thing Mangini did was get rid of Mawae, as Eric considered him a "Locker Room Lawyer."  He drafted Mangold to replace him. 

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Out there they said he had a revolt on his hands before the game. Then they got blown out. Not good.

Which is why we need to chill about our awesome performance week 1. Everyone will be disappointed when we come back down to earth this week.

I still think we win but we need to be patient with this team. Everyone on this team up to the coaches and GM has the whole season to answer questions and show improvement. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Missing the playoffs is pretty irrelevant since it's very rare to miss playoffs w/11 wins. 5 game drop off from undefeated? They would have regressed to the norm WITH Brady. He's a great QB so not having him obviously makes winning more difficult. Your assertion is the only reason the Pats are good is Brady - so shouldn't they win a lot fewer than 11 games without him? Shouldn't they do worse than 3-1 to start a season without him?

No team is consistently more prepared than the Pats and they almost always have a top 10 defense to go along with Brady. I don't think you're giving BB enough credit. He's an all-time great coach. I wonder if Parcells would have won rings without him?

Peyton Manning went to Super Bowls with, what, four different coaches?  And Brady is better.  Replace Belicheat with any number of coaches and the Pats are still where they are.

And **** his overrated defenses.  As the Jets showed you Monday night, it's a lot easier to play with a lead.  How do they do in tight games?  They blew leads against the Giants in both SBs and let the Seahawks march right down the field on them.  If not for a terrible play call, they blow three leads in a row in SBs.

The first thing Mangini did was get rid of Mawae, as Eric considered him a "Locker Room Lawyer."  He drafted Mangold to replace him. 

Yeah. I knew that one didn’t feel right when I wrote it.
That’s why I wrote it all non committal like lol.
It’s tough to get all the facts straight in my mind these days. I think I’m doing pretty good over all. Parcels bright mawae in “to block wilfork” if I’m remembering right.
Thanks for the clarification

Ya know what... wasn’t mawae on the 10-0 Titans when we played them and won during the favre year? I think that’s the intrusive thought behind my post. I have mangini and mawae connected for some reason.

I’ll wait for your correction.

12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah. I knew that one didn’t feel right when I wrote it.
That’s why I wrote it all non committal like lol.
It’s tough to get all the facts straight in my mind these days. I think I’m doing pretty good over all. Parcels bright mawae in “to block wilfork” if I’m remembering right.
Thanks for the clarification

Ya know what... wasn’t mawae on the 10-0 Titans when we played them and won during the favre year? I think that’s the intrusive thought behind my post. I have mangini and mawae connected for some reason.

I’ll wait for your correction. emoji23.png

Correct, Mawae was their starting center. 

BUT, Vince Wilfork was drafted in 2004, so we can be quite sure that Parcells did not bring Mawawe in to block him. LOL

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct, Mawae was their starting center. 

BUT, Vince Wilfork was drafted in 2004, so we can be quite sure that Parcells did not bring Mawawe in to block him. LOL

Come on man. lol Then who was it? Parcells had that quote when he signed Mawae that it was to block someone specifically . Who was that big bastard on Buffallo back then?   I'm shaking off some major cobwebs over here! :-) 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Come on man. lol Then who was it? Parcells had that quote when he signed Mawae that it was to block someone specifically . Who was that big bastard on Buffallo back then?   I'm shaking off some major cobwebs over here! :-) 

oh, Ted Washington! Gotta be. 

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ted Washington.  NT for the Bills.  Pretty sure he is the guy that Parcells said he brought Mawae in to block.

Edit - Sorry, should have just looked two posts above.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Peyton Manning went to Super Bowls with, what, four different coaches?  And Brady is better.  Replace Belicheat with any number of coaches and the Pats are still where they are.

And **** his overrated defenses.  As the Jets showed you Monday night, it's a lot easier to play with a lead.  How do they do in tight games?  They blew leads against the Giants in both SBs and let the Seahawks march right down the field on them.  If not for a terrible play call, they blow three leads in a row in SBs.

Peyton was on a different level than Brady.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, nycdan said:

If Hue Jackson and BB switched teams, Hue would go 10-6 and BB would go 4-12 and we'd be talking about how great a coach Hue was.  

Lol. Do you really believe this? Because it's a ridiculous comment. He's probably the best coach/GM in league history. If he was the Packers coach how many more rings would Rodgers have right now. 

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. Do you really believe this? Because it's a ridiculous comment. He's probably the best coach/GM in league history. If he was the Packers coach how many more rings would Rodgers have right now. 

BB was very ordinary until Brady showed up.  He was 5-11 his last year in CLE and his first year in NE.  He lost his first two games in 2001.  Then Brady started and the winning never really stopped.  So IMO it's impossible to separate BB's success from Brady.  And yes, I actually do believe this and suspect I am far from alone.

Archived