Cowherd: Talks Darnold and Disagrees w/Jets “Disfunctional Franchise”

TnT

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude LOVES Sam. Says again and again hes member one of "Sams Club". 

I laughed and then realized, I too am a card carrying member of Sams Club and Cowherd is just climbing on the bandwagon.

17 minutes ago, TnT said:

It’s not a download, just press play.

if skeptical

keywords on YouTube 

Lions Patricia  players upset

it’s like the last 6 mins of 12 min video

Oh I'm not saying you linked to something else, just an old timer that can't figure out technology ?

It was like this in 2009/2010.  They start winning with an exciting young QB and everybody wants to be the first on the train.  Thing is, he's not wrong.  He spoke the forbidden words....Giants are not better than the Jets in any meaningful way right now.  And IMO they are trending in different directions.  Big win this Sunday vs. the Phish and the floodgates will open.  Almost everyone will be jumping on except two guys, Pete Prisco and Stephen A Smith who will hold out just to be contrarian.

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It was like this in 2009/2010.  They start winning with an exciting young QB and everybody wants to be the first on the train.  Thing is, he's not wrong.  He spoke the forbidden words....Giants are not better than the Jets in any meaningful way right now.  And IMO they are trending in different directions.  Big win this Sunday vs. the Phish and the floodgates will open.  Almost everyone will be jumping on except two guys, Pete Prisco and Stephen A Smith who will hold out just to be contrarian.

Going to be nice for the Jets, armed with big bucks, to be a FA destination next spring. I'm not a huge Cowherd fan, but I agree that Sam has some serious leadership chops even at 21. Should be fun to hit the market next year. Really looking forward to it.

Colin attends a lot of USC games, practices and has good access to the coaching staff.  He got to see a lot of Sam while he was on the scout team, Sam gave the first team defense all they could handle as a true freshman.  He was blown away by Sam from day one.

He goes overboard, embarrassingly so.

I use to HATE Colin Cowherd but now I watch him every day to watch my teams get their balls washed efficiently.

cool stuff. I seen this early today. I agree, who the hell are the Giants? They won 3 games last year, have players fighting and hurting expensive tackles, players snorting coke and earning 60 mill in guarantees, players with dead bodies in their house and they drafted a RB at #2 overall. 

Who are these bums? Aside from the 10-6 season two years ago, these guys haven’t seen a winning season since 2012. 

Spoke for a lot of Jets fans. We haven’t been a power house but we are not close to worse franchise. We have a really bad brand. Even when we were winning with Rex people were clowning us. Doesn’t matter for fans but it does impact the team. Free agents are less likely to come here. Chris Johnson, Darnold and Adams are changing the image of the this team.

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He’s a lot like Francessa where he’s a little arrogant and full of himself

but he knows his stuff and is right most of the time

probably the only 2 guys I listen to

also he’s a big west coast homer

He's not right most of the time as he's the same exact media follower who predicted us to go 0-16 last year and unfortunately, many of Jet fans fell for it. 

We ended up winning 5 games and 7 of our loses were by fewer than one possession. In other words we competed throughout 12 of our 16 games last season. 

And that's despite all of these so called know it all (media driven followers) who only go off of popular belief and who come across as being self proclaimed geniuses and experts when in reality they're simply talking tools. Media pundits. 

I myself also listen and watch these guys for entertainment as well and sometimes I really enjoy them but at the end of the day I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I have more enjoyment and entertainment listening to former HOF greats such as Steve Young, Dan Marino and Jerry Rice talk about this kid. Or from the likes of Tony Romo, Josh Norman, Joe Namath and former head coaches. I feel like I'm actually learning something. Those are the types of articles I buy stock in as a fan. 

These talking heads will become the same one's who will chew him up before spitting him out alive @ the very first moment the kid shows an ounce of vulnerability; all while feeding him to the wolves known as the New York tabloids (all at the same time). 

Tim Tebow wasn't any good on an NFL level. But the media mocked and destroyed him. And they all loved every moment of it too. 

SAS & Skip dedicated hours upon hours consisting of full segments of mocking him like Jesus Christ leave the kid alone already; I couldn't watch anymore. It bothered me to watch grown men being paid good money to harp all over a kid in his early 20's as their meal ticket. Sharks. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I use to HATE Colin Cowherd but now I watch him every day to watch my teams get their balls washed efficiently.

cool stuff. I seen this early today. I agree, who the hell are the Giants? They won 3 games last year, have players fighting and hurting expensive tackles, players snorting coke and earning 60 mill in guarantees, players with dead bodies in their house and they drafted a RB at #2 overall. 

Who are these bums? Aside from the 10-6 season two years ago, these guys haven’t seen a winning season since 2012. 

I have to admit, I enjoy the daily ball-washing, myself. I also happen to genuinely agree with him about Darnold, which makes it all the more fun. And, to be fair to him, he was on Darnold's nuts waaaaay before the Jets drafted him. As was Francessa. 

Definitely Jets have terrible branding.

i think the new uniforms could be significant as well to skew perception. I think the Parcells led change to our current uni’s actually helped us move on from the hot mess decade before him.

2019:

sam on offense, Jamal on defense as the faces of the franchise - new uniforms. Josh McCown as QB coach.  Jeremy Bates as head coach prob in 2020. Mac improving as a drafter now that the biggest piece of franchise QB is set- $100 mill in cap space. Resign Enunwa. Extend Leo. Draft a LT in round 1. So refreshing to feel legit good about the trajectory of this team. 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just cannot foresee 16 a year from ODB, ever.  Maybe he will.  He is fragile.  And Barkley plays a position where even the staunchest can go down to injury.  I like the rotating backs approach.

38 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He also thinks Baker will be a bust.  Guy knows his stuff

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I LOVE when he said  "For the next 15 years the Giants will watch the best NY QB on the other team.

BUT he said Brady doesn't have a great arm?  Really???

Brady had Matt Ryan arm talent before guerrero and his “supplements”

and Matt Ryan is like, barely two levels above Penny Boy.

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Definitely Jets have terrible branding.

i think the new uniforms could be significant as well to skew perception. I think the Parcells led change to our current uni’s actually helped us move on from the hot mess decade before him.

I think this is spot on.  We cannot underestimate the perception shift when Parcels changed the uniforms to rid us of the stench of the previous unfruitful years.  New uniforms with a team with an upward trajectory all feeds the new narrative that the Jets are finally "arriving." Looking forward to it (unless they completely screw the pooch with the uniforms :)) 

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ive seen him throw rockets when he has REAL receivers. When he had MOSS...  he was incredible. Throwing to Welker, Edelman etc...  we don't see it.   Just my take.  

That was just one season to be fair Brady has never been known to have a cannon. He’s not a Pennington or Fitzpatrick but he’s never been a young Favre throwing 50 yard lasers neither

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ive seen him throw rockets when he has REAL receivers. When he had MOSS...  he was incredible. Throwing to Welker, Edelman etc...  we don't see it.   Just my take.  

Arm talent is different from throw distance, though. Just like with Penny and Ryan, we’ve seen that with great mechanics and a strong base, you can throw a ball far. I remember Penny throwing deep to Santana on multiple occasions, just like Brady was throwing to Randy. 

But the throws that you see brady making in the short and intermediate ranges since his injury (which is coincidentally when Guerrero came aboard with his ‘supplements’) were not there pre injury. How many times, especially in ‘09 & ‘10 after he came back from injury, did we see him put zip on 7-10 yard outs to Wes and Gronk in really tight windows and think to ourselves, “wait wtf did that come from”?

To me, being able to put zip on those balls or when the feet aren’t set- that’s arm talent.

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

yeah but the giants still scare me.  I have said it for years:  you watch any giants game, first half is 28 minutes of awful from Eli.  then with two minutes left, if he gets the ball, you know he's scoring.  2nd half?  same thing.  28 minutes of just mind blowing awful, hen BAM!  he scores with two minutes left.

difference between 2007/2011 and now?  he's getting field goals/4 and outs now vs TDs back then.

what you really need is for their defense to suck.  if Eli is down by 24 with two minutes left, who cares?  

the thing about Eli, and I have noticed it a LOT more now in the last couple of months or so after watching Darnold, is the dude is just NOT accurate.  like AT ALL!  I mean 1-20 yards, Eli can't hit the broad side of a barn man!  his bread and butter has always been, and continues to be either 1) heaving the ball 40 yards downfield and praying his receiver out jumps the defender or 2) throwing a quick 2 yard slant and hoping OBJ can run 99 yards (Victor Cruz anyone?)

but as awful as the giants played last week, like I said, it's still scary that they could have/should have won that game.

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree.  HATE the giants.  EVERYONE I know in my life is a friggin giants fan and I take a LOT of s#!t from them.

OBJ is kind of like a double edged sword for me.  he is a great talent, so I don't like that, but I LOVE how he physically assaults people on the field and takes a piss in the end zone.  good looks for the "classy giants".  hope he keeps it up.

it's just nice to look at the two faces of the teams:  Darnold for us and OBJ for them.  Love it.

14 hours ago, TnT said:

Compares Jets to other franchises including Giants.

Talks on Darnold, McCown, Staff, and Salary cap issues.

Rare Feel Good Vid

It's nice to see people like Darnold, after 1 whole game, but this guy is still an idiot.

He is the one who strongly argued the Jets would go 0-16 last year.

Archived