Jets Activate Pierre-Louis, Waive Ben Braden

JetNation

Kevin Pierre-Louis

The New York Jets have activated linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis after serving his league mandated one-game suspension.

To make room for Pierre-Louis, the Jets waived offensive lineman Ben Braden.

The post Jets Activate Pierre-Louis, Waive Ben Braden appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
A3-4uSghphE

Click here to read the full story...

Hopefully Braden can get on the practice squad - I think he looked pretty good at times in the Preseason.  Seemed significantly bigger and stronger than last year and maybe another year on the PS will be what he needs.  His main problem is that he's basically the same guy as Qvale - a big Guard/RT type.  Seems like he'd be a good fit for this system and maybe he can battle for Carpenter's spot next year?

Braden actually played LT in college, and  I believe played there in the last preaseaon game.

Given Qvale horrendous showing at LT all preseason, Id rather keep him as a backup RT and have Braden consistently work at LT - at least they could each focus on footwork and learning the plays/line calls for a singular position and not get too confused.  Plus Dozier would be the first guy in at guard anyway.

40 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Hopefully Braden can get on the practice squad - I think he looked pretty good at times in the Preseason.  Seemed significantly bigger and stronger than last year and maybe another year on the PS will be what he needs.  His main problem is that he's basically the same guy as Qvale - a big Guard/RT type.  Seems like he'd be a good fit for this system and maybe he can battle for Carpenter's spot next year?

Except Braden can actually block people. Qvale is horrible.

9 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Don't get why Braden had to be the one to go It leaves us with 7 O-linemen on the roster (5 starters/2 backups) while we have 7 CBs still on the roster

8 OLs on roster now:  Beacham, Carpenter, Long, Winters, Shell, Qvale (G/T), Harrison (C/G), Dozier (G/T/C)

26 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

8 OLs on roster now:  Beacham, Carpenter, Long, Winters, Shell, Qvale (G/T), Harrison (C/G), Dozier (G/T/C)

Must've missed one of them. 8 is about the average # of OL a team carries on active roster. Hope Braden clear waivers and makes it to the PS.

8 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Does Burris get dropped when Rashard Robinson comes off suspension?

Has to, right?   A more interesting dilemma will be when Ardarius Stewart comes back.  We might even drop Burris when Stewart comes back and then have a hard call to make when Robinson comes back - Stewart could be gone at that point - it might come down to Stewart or Peake, but Peake is a special teams monster

21 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Has to, right?   A more interesting dilemma will be when Ardarius Stewart comes back.  We might even drop Burris when Stewart comes back and then have a hard call to make when Robinson comes back - Stewart could be gone at that point - it might come down to Stewart or Peake, but Peake is a special teams monster

I agree it seems like it will come down to Peake or Stewart. As much as I like Stewart , Peake is just so valuable on ST how can we cut him ?

I forgot about Burris who is by far the most useless player on the roster - he didnt play at all Monday, meaning Nickerson and Darryl Roberts are ahead of him.   I dont know why we would expose Braden, with all the Oline injuries in the league to waivers and keep a proven bad CB when we have a ton of youth and talent at the position.

Does Robinson have PS eligibility?

47 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I agree it seems like it will come down to Peake or Stewart. As much as I like Stewart , Peake is just so valuable on ST how can we cut him ?

It was interesting to me that Peake was getting offensive snaps as the deep back in victory formation.  We used to treat that as a position of respect and trust.  The guy who had to tackle Herm Edwards to prevent a Meadowlands Miracle.

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Peake picks up the block on the kicker with that first punt return, we have 2 return TDs. But yes Peake seems very valuable on specials. Plus I keep saying this, youngest starting QB probably needs experienced receivers, not WRs that are still being broken in. I assume Stewart is a cut to try and stash on the PS

36 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Peake picks up the block on the kicker with that first punt return, we have 2 return TDs. But yes Peake seems very valuable on specials. Plus I keep saying this, youngest starting QB probably needs experienced receivers, not WRs that are still being broken in. I assume Stewart is a cut to try and stash on the PS

Well, if we are talking about Peake vs. Stewart, why would experience at receiver be a big deal?  Stewart has 13 targets, Peake has 35.  Neither is exactly experienced.  I think all this is worrying for nothing.  Unfortunately, somebody will probably get hurt and end up on IR.

Archived