JetNation Group Outing: Jets \ Vikings Tickets & Tailgate 10/21

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

OMG I would love to.  He's at Lehigh which isn't actually that far so I'll ask tomorrow.  Gotta warn you, he's 6'5" now so he's a lot easier to hit with a high pass :).  Is @ECURB in?  We should get a tailgate game going.

I have no idea yet for this year. My daughter is due in a couple of weeks and my pesky wife (lol) wants me to be home with her and the baby not in NJ! The nerve!

I was hoping to make a couple of games though and maybe this needs to be one of them...

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

I have no idea yet for this year. My daughter is due in a couple of weeks and my pesky wife (lol) wants me to be home with her and the baby not in NJ! The nerve!

I was hoping to make a couple of games though and maybe this needs to be one of them...

Congrats on the baby, sorry to hear you won't be there that much though.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Wives can be so weird about stuff like that LOL.  Maybe bribery with a few extra feedings / diaper changes would earn you a pass?  Or tell her it's okay, but if you can't go to the game, we are all coming over to watch with you.  That ought to get it done.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Congrats!

Bought one, so much easier than doing it through Ticketba***rd. See you guys then.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, morny said:

I'm coming over for this game next month, at the risk of sounding thick do you just then you at the carpark for the tailgate or such like? How does it work? 

I am a little confused by the question. You can park in the green lot if you have a green parking pass (and a car).  :)

If you have game tickets already and you want to tailgate with us just let me know. That isn't a problem at all. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am a little confused by the question. You can park in the green lot if you have a green parking pass (and a car).  :)

If you have game tickets already and you want to tailgate with us just let me know. That isn't a problem at all. Thanks.

Sorry my message wasn't clear! I've never done a tailgate, I guess i was just asking what happens about getting to it? I'd be arriving off public transport but would I still be able to get to the carpark and join in? Or do I need a permit to get into the carpark even on foot?

I appreciate I probably sound stupid asking all these questions but I'm just wondering how it all goes on, as tailgating is something we don't do over here for soccer.

8 minutes ago, morny said:

Sorry my message wasn't clear! I've never done a tailgate, I guess i was just asking what happens about getting to it? I'd be arriving off public transport but would I still be able to get to the carpark and join in? Or do I need a permit to get into the carpark even on foot?

I appreciate I probably sound stupid asking all these questions but I'm just wondering how it all goes on, as tailgating is something we don't do over here for soccer.

Oh I understand now. For the tailgate you don't need a car. Public transportation works. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

When does the tailgate begin is telling real question emoji39.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Parking lot opens at 8am. We are there when it opens and we begin setting up immediately. Should be a lot of fun.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Too late to jump in here?  Sorry I was delayed in my response.  Was traveling.

Not too late at all. We are down to a few tickets left but once they sell out, I will call the Jets and buy more. That shouldn't be a problem.

https://www.jetnation.com/shop/

I gave them a few thousand for this batch, so I am just going to be cautious with the head count. I don't want to be selling tickets on route 3 the morning of the game lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Update: There are two tickets left out of the first 21 that we purchased. I am going to buy more, but I need to know if you are going over the next couple of days. Worst case you can just tailgate with us and buy your own game ticket. But the tickets that are listed on Stub Hub right now are considerably more expensive. So I will give it a few more days and I will place a final order with the Jets for tickets. I am just going to do this one more time because I am not marking this up and I don't have room for error (i.e. I can't get stuck with extra tickets).

The best thing to do if you want to go is sign up. https://www.jetnation.com/shop/ I set the system to allow back orders, so once I know the final head count I will buy more tickets from the Jets, I can definitely get them.

Thanks.

FWIW:

Yellow parking on Vivid Seats for $33, comes to about $48 with fees. Stub Hub a bit higher. 

Green parking where the tailgate will be is $12 more.  

Yellow is adjacent to Green so it saves a few bucks to just park there and cross the roadway for the TG. Just be careful to dodge the BMW's and Mercedes turning left into Green and the pickup trucks turning right into yellow.

Since we will be in F11, J8 and J4 are the closest yellows

Just bought my parking so I thought that his might be helpful to someone,. 

Edited by The Crimson King
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Parking Pass - Check

Monday Off - Check

Just waiting on tickets emoji16.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey I removed the picture of the parking pass you posted. It had a barcode on it and someone (bad people do exist) could print it and use it to enter the lot before you. Just want to be safe.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Just bought my two tickets.

Where is the best place to buy the parking passes?

Thank you!

Ticketmaster has been cheaper than Stub Hub from what I have seen. Here are links to both on our schedule page if you want to check them out.  https://www.jetnation.com/2018-new-york-jets-schedule/

Last call for tickets, we sold out and I am placing an order for more tickets on Thursday. Please chime in if you want to be included. Otherwise you can do the tailgate only option but right not tickets in this section on stubhub are going for more than the price we have listed for the ticket and tailgate.  :)

https://www.jetnation.com/product/jets-vs-vikings/ if you are interested. I am buying a few extras but not many so definitely let me know. Thanks.

Alright I think I am buying 6 extra seats for this game. If anyone else wants in just let me know, I still have a little time to buy more but I am wrapping it up today. We will have about 35 us of sitting in the same section, all pretty close to each other. Should be fun.