Dolphins left guard Josh sitton tears rotator cuff

Jetlife33

BREAKING: Dolphins guard Josh Sitton to miss rest of 2018

Published: Sep 14, 2018 at 07:15 am
Updated: Sep 14, 2018 at 07:53 am
Kevin Patra
Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer

The Miami Dolphins offensive line played impressively in Week 1. Before the start of Week 2, the unit lost a key member for the season. 

Left guard Josh Sitton is out for the year with a torn rotator cuff, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source informed of the injury. Sitton attempted to play through the injury but will undergo season-ending surgery. 

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald first reported the news.

Sitton tore the rotator cuff in the second half of Sunday's victory over the Tennessee Titans. He played 100 percent of the Dolphins' 58 offensive snaps in the game, per Next Gen Stats. 

The Dolphins signed the former Bears and Packers guard to a two-year deal this offseason to bolster a struggling offensive line. 

Losing the four-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro guard is a massive loss for the Dolphinsoffensive line. Sitton was the unit's best run blocker. He had also reportedly taken on a mentorship role of left tackle Laremy Tunsil. 

Veteran Ted Larson will replace Sitton on the Dolphins' interior. Larson has 73 starts in 111 games played, including eight last year in Miami. 

After an excellent start to the season, in which the Dolphins offensive line held an underrated Titans defensive front to just one sack and cleared the path for 120 rushing yards, the Dolphins will face the Jets in Week 2 sans their most savvy blocker

-was playing great last Sunday, could make things a little easier for our dline this week. 

this is good news for the Jets defense. Sitton (a 4 time Pro Bowl, 2014 All Pro) was their best lineman. Similar to late-stage Alan Faneca around 2009. 

The Miami Dolphins lost center Mike Pouncey (3x Pro Bowl) to the Chargers in the offseason, he was their best and much younger than Sitton, therefore expensive.

They brought in Sitton and Daniel Kilgore to offset the loss.  Without Sitton, they slide Ted Larsen in there who is actually a decent backup but not a game changer like Sitton. 

Laremy Tunsil was called for holding twice last week. for whoever asked, he is a good young player but not exactly Jason Peters.

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this is good news for the Jets defense. Sitton (a 4 time Pro Bowl, 2014 All Pro) was their best lineman. Similar to late-stage Alan Faneca around 2009. 

The Miami Dolphins lost center Mike Pouncey (3x Pro Bowl) to the Chargers in the offseason, he was their best and much younger than Sitton, therefore expensive.

They brought in Sitton and Daniel Kilgore to offset the loss.  Without Sitton, they slide Ted Larsen in there who is actually a decent backup but not a game changer like Sitton. 

Laremy Tunsil was called for holding twice last week. for whoever asked, he is a good young player but not exactly Jason Peters.

Would rather them go against a healthy OL and see what happens. 

Its good only if they can get the W. Bad for development all around though. 

15 minutes ago, Vader said:

Wins are good for development. the NFL is hard enough there's no extra credit for degree of difficulty. 

this is actually bigger news than just Sunday. Dolphins in the division to lose their best OL in week 2, could change their whole season. 

F Tanny btw 

1 hour ago, Vader said:

I couldn't disagree more. You want wins. End of story. 

Our DL won't be any better or worse in week 16 because we happened to play against a backup Guard in Week 2 (who happens to have NFL starting experience).

29 minutes ago, Vader said:

I used to think that way when I was really young. Then I realized that no one took stats or rings or status away from other guys who beat depleted teams.

Wins are wins. They're great for development.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I will never, ever, ever gloat or be happy about how we should crush another teams oline after the Seattle game a few years back under rex.

They were hauling guys off of loading docks to be their starters and we got stoned.

Speaking of which, we'll be seeing Laremy Tunsil Sunday.

43 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Ash you feeling good about your Jets now?  

Batman, I cannot remember feeling as positive and excited for our future as I do now TBH. I see things happening here that I have never seen in prior years. I feel that our QB has already elevated every single player and even coach on our team to a different level, or at least he did in week 1 :) anyway LOL. 

I am tempering my excitement as it is only one game. They need to come out and win Sunday decisively, then go on to Cleveland and take care of business there and then go to Jacksonville 3-0 and see what happens. If we were ever able to do this then go beat the Jags in Jax, holy cow the bandwagon would probably collapse with on jumpers LOL...Imagine us 4-0 after beating the Jags in Jacksonville. I would $hit myself TBH LOL...

I know one game at a time...but to answer your question, I was (like everyone else probably) sitting there Monday night with my jaw dropped on the floor wondering who these guys in green and white were.

Injuries suck. I always feel like I’m jinxing the jets if I allow myself to feel added confidence due to an injury to the opposite team.
That being said, let’s see if Leo can actually do something that the “consensus best player in the draft” should do this week. Like steamroll the o lineman en route to a big sack and fumble!!!

We better beat the snot out of the fish this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I will never, ever, ever gloat or be happy about how we should crush another teams oline after the Seattle game a few years back under rex.

They were hauling guys off of loading docks to be their starters and we got stoned.

Proved Mo Wilk was a poser.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Batman, I cannot remember feeling as positive and excited for our future as I do now TBH. I see things happening here that I have never seen in prior years. I feel that our QB has already elevated every single player and even coach on our team to a different level, or at least he did in week 1 :) anyway LOL. 

I am tempering my excitement as it is only one game. They need to come out and win Sunday decisively, then go on to Cleveland and take care of business there and then go to Jacksonville 3-0 and see what happens. If we were ever able to do this then go beat the Jags in Jax, holy cow the bandwagon would probably collapse with on jumpers LOL...Imagine us 4-0 after beating the Jags in Jacksonville. I would $hit myself TBH LOL...

I know one game at a time...but to answer your question, I was (like everyone else probably) sitting there Monday night with my jaw dropped on the floor wondering who these guys in green and white were.

Last time the we knew the Jets were legit was the last time we went on the road & shocked the Titans who I believe were undefeated at the time. It was also the last time we had a real QB in Brett Favre in 2008. 

If we could go 3-0 then go to Jax & win? With 21 year old QB? Wow!

Archived