Pepsi rookie of the week (Darnold?)

larrybiv

Fixed the title.  Fair point about Ward.  Dorsey got slammed hard for that pick.  He'll still live or die by Mayfield, but that was a good first impression by Ward.  Still, QB always get a little extra sumptin' in the analysis after the week so who knows.

Not sure how Barkley during a losing performance or Ward during a tie is more deserving than Darnold...

Who on Primetime National Television just led his team to victory and became the NFL's youngest opening day starting QB of All-Time while finishing with an ELITE QB Rating of 116.8 (on the road against a 9-7 Lions team from the year before). 

Sam Darnold is a week one lock. 

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

One big run is nice in fantasy football but it doesn't help win games.

agree 100%.  I understand we don't have to vote for Sam every week but wow!!  I mean up until that run, he had a 2.0 y/c!!  almost as many runs for negative yardage as positive.  

yeah he had a 68 yard TD run, but Crowell had a 62 yard one.  and had better runs in addition to that, AND we were winning and Lions knew we were basically running out the clock...

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not sure how Barkley during a losing performance or Ward during a tie is more deserving than Darnold...

Who on Primetime National Television just led his team to victory and became the NFL's youngest opening day starting QB of All-Time while finishing with an ELITE QB Rating of 116.8 (on the road against a 9-7 Lions team from the year before). 

Sam Darnold is a week one lock. 

Fair point, well made

3 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agree 100%.  I understand we don't have to vote for Sam every week but wow!!  I mean up until that run, he had a 2.0 y/c!!  almost as many runs for negative yardage as positive.  

yeah he had a 68 yard TD run, but Crowell had a 62 yard one.  and had better runs in addition to that, AND we were winning and Lions knew we were basically running out the clock...

Yes. How many SBs did Chris Johnson win?

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

he had 17 attempts for 38 yards besides the big td run.  i know jax has a good D but you can't average 2 yards per carry for most of the game, doesn't help the qb.

Yep, the whole Barry Sanders dilemma. One of the many reasons why having a game-breaking running back is overrated. 

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

All that counts is the win.  What I know of Sam, that's all that counts to him.  There is a reason his USC coach said the one word he would use to discribe Sam was "selfless" in an interview on draft day.  Who cares about a poll.

Again, it was a team win!

Disagree. It was all Sam. Sam Sam Sam Sam . He gives that roster something to believe in. Cept first pass , that made them think., “ Da fuq Red?” 

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

all those wrs and they still didn't get one passing td, and week 1 illustrated why they should have taken darnold over barkley.  

To me, it's not even about Barkley or Darnold, per say. They could have taken Allen or Rosen and I would have been fine with it. 

To me, the issue is that they have a 37 year old QB who hasn't been above average since 2015 and were picking number 2 overall in arguably the best QB draft since 2004. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To me, it's not even about Barkley or Darnold, per say. They could have taken Allen or Rosen and I would have been fine with it. 

To me, the issue is that they have a 37 year old QB who hasn't been above average since 2015 and were picking number 2 overall in arguably the best QB draft since 2004. 

yes and that 37 yr old QB is Eli friggin Manning!!!  

All i kept thinking last year when the Jets kept winning games and the giants kept losing was: "OMG the friggin giants are going to get Sam Darnold"

I was STUNNED when they didn't take him at #2.  it's going to drive giants fans NUTS for years.  I mean after only one game, people are already saying it.  this is going to happen every week!!

Archived