Best HC In College Football Today

TuscanyTile2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I live 20 minutes from ASU and Herm has this town buzzing a little bit.  My buddy saw Herm yesterday morning jogging around Tempe Town Lake and it immediately reminded me of Herm's days with the Jets when he was notorious for getting to the building by 4:30AM and working out before the players even started showing up at the facility.

I've always thought Herm would be best suited for college football given his ability to relate to players, his mentorship, etc.  Herm was never the best X's and O's guy but you don't have to be in college if you can get players to buy in and put them in situations that accentuate their skills and athleticism.  He has the Sun Devils believing.....at least for now. 

Herm was such a likable guy.  Even though I thought he was a joke of a coach I couldn't dislike the guy.  And he ended up having a lot more success than I would've imagined.  Were it not for Doug Brien's meltdown game, he would've taken the Jets to the AFC championship game.  I think he was the motivator and he let his coordinators do the heavy lifting.  His players did seem to love him too.  While I have to admit I'm glad he's no longer our HC, I'm 100% rooting for Herm at ASU.  

18 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yup, we told him not to wear all that bling, show his tats and not drive that Porsche we gave him, in public.  Because no one wants to go to USC if you're not paid.....

To be honest, I was worried Sam was going to sign another 4 year deal with USC rather than sign with the Jets.

Archived