News flash on draft kings: Josh Gordon to be Released

Rolloffjet

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has to be a reason why the Browns would release him so suddenly -- as others have said, he ikely relapsed.  WIth the chemistry on this team right now, I would want no part of a guy like Gordon.  Great talent, but you can't count on him to be on the field.

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We don't need wide receivers and the guy is clearly a whackjob who's had 100 shots to make it. Hard pass.

Saying the Jets don’t need WR’s when they have zero top 4 of their depth chart under contract past 2018.  I get the other reason to pass on Gordon, but not needing WR’s (one who is under team control past this year mind you) is not a good reason.

From Cleveland. Com sorry I don't know how to make the article appear  ( there should be a tutorial! Lol)

Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling with his substance use again, or possibly close to it.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one source told cleveland.com. The source surmised he was upset because he felt he had let down the team with the tweaked hamstring.

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

From Cleveland. Com sorry I don't know how to make the article appear  ( there should be a tutorial! Lol)

Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling with his substance use again, or possibly close to it.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one source told cleveland.com. The source surmised he was upset because he felt he had let down the team with the tweaked hamstring.

If this is true, and it's just speculation he may be close to using again, the Jets need be on a plane to him NOW.

With doctors, psychologists, puppies, kittens...  you name it.

If he is not officially suspended, go grab him now.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

The hypocrisy of the NFL: loose their sh*t over weed use, all while their doctors happily prescribe opioids like pez candy.

That said, I'm gonna do what Josh Gordon never learned to do and just say no.

I agree with the hypocrisy but the rules clearly state you can not use a substance that is illegal in the eyes of the federal government. I don't agree with it, but it's the rules. Just stop smoking weed for a few years, make millions, retire, and then get high as **** all day long.

If this is true, and it's just speculation he may be close to using again, the Jets need be on a plane to him NOW.
With doctors, psychologists, puppies, kittens...  you name it.
If he is not officially suspended, go grab him now.

You can’t be serious

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

This is a no-brainer.  The Jets ABSOLUTELY should put a waiver claim in on him.  His contract is nothing, he's a RFA at best next year, and the Jets have no need for Juston Burris.  The downside of spending a roster spot on him is next to nothing compared to his upside.

No waivers for him.

This team did Sefarian-Jenkins a solid as he turned his life around.  Even if we signed him and brought him in and around a solid support structure over time, I would not be opposed.  He has that much talent.

Sometimes people just need out of a subjectively 'bad' situation and a new start.  He wore his tread down with CLE over the past few years, I'm sure they've had enough of him.  But that ain't saying you can't bring him here, set him up and bring him along slowly with support.  We ain't crying for WR at the moment, but a motivated and healthy Gordon could do wonders for the NYJ, even if it's at mid-season.

I''d definitely kick the tires, and start asking Pryor and Crowell they're honest opinion as to whether Gordon could be rehabilitated as I'm sure they both know to some degree.

15 minutes ago, K Clue said:

I'm all for this signing as long as its for vets minimum. Who knows maybe he just needs a new team, so he can have a fresh start.

Put in a waiver claim, take him at his 790K salary, and if he needs to go on the commissioner exempt list, he goes from a RFA to an ERFA .  At worst, he's a weekly gameday inactive.  At best, he's the true No. 1 WR this team is missing.  There shouldn't be any thought about passing on this; there's literally no downside

Archived