Jump to content

News flash on draft kings: Josh Gordon to be Released


Rolloffjet
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

This team did Sefarian-Jenkins a solid as he turned his life around.  Even if we signed him and brought him in and around a solid support structure over time, I would not be opposed.  He has that much talent.

Sometimes people just need out of a subjectively 'bad' situation and a new start.  He wore his tread down with CLE over the past few years, I'm sure they've had enough of him.  But that ain't saying you can't bring him here, set him up and bring him along slowly with support.  We ain't crying for WR at the moment, but a motivated and healthy Gordon could do wonders for the NYJ, even if it's at mid-season.

I''d definitely kick the tires, and start asking Pryor and Crowell they're honest opinion as to whether Gordon could be rehabilitated as I'm sure they both know to some degree.

The problem with Gordon is he has been a problem child since before he was even drafted, hence why he went in the supplemental draft. Here we are 6 years down the road and the Browns have given him every benefit of the doubt over the years throughout all of his suspensions and he is regressing after all of these chances. Sometimes a turd is just a turd. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Hey if we have no interest atleast we don’t have to worry about him torching us Thursday night 😀

This is what I immediately thought ... Awesome for us if Cleveland does not have him for week 3

 

as for the other stuff , I'd say let's just keep Darnold getting in sync with the 4 (B to B+ Level) guys that he already has

not worth messing with the young QB's head ... We'll be able to know more about where the team dynamic / chemistry is after tomorrow's game ...if it continues to be positive then don't F with it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No, he isn't.  He's been in the league 6 years, but due to suspensions he has less than 4 accrued seasons (which is why he'll be a Restricted Free Agent after the season, assuming he plays or is on an active roster for at least 6 games)

Read the post above. No waivers for him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, DLJ said:


He’s a headcase and a drug addict. They didn’t cut him for no reason, he probably pissed dirty again.

They see me rollin', they hatin'

Patrollin' and tryna catch me pissin' dirty

tryna catch me pissin' dirty

tryna catch me pissin' dirty

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

 

not worth messing with the young QB's head ... We'll be able to know more about where the team dynamic / chemistry is after tomorrow's game ...if it continues to be positive then don't F with it!

I'm assuming nothing after one game about team chemistry and dynamic. And a healthy Gordon would be a welcome addition to ANY team.

Bringing in Gordon should not be looked at as a 'near term' addition, but possibly a long-term one.

If I brought Gordon in here, I'd sit him down and tell him don't even think about playing football for awhile, this next 4-6 weeks is about getting your head on straight. Set him up with a support structure, get him physically, and try to get him mentally healthy, with a goal of being an addition around mid-season...after demonstrating he's been toeing the line for the next 6-7 weeks in practice, meetings and life in general.

If he fails at that, then let him go...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

I'm assuming nothing after one game about team chemistry and dynamic. And a healthy Gordon would be a welcome addition to ANY team.

Bringing in Gordon should not be looked at as a 'near term' addition, but possibly a long-term one.

If I brought Gordon in here, I'd sit him down and tell him don't even think about playing football for awhile, this next 4-6 weeks is about getting your head on straight. Set him up with a support structure, get him physically, and try to get him mentally healthy, with a goal of being an addition around mid-season...after demonstrating he's been toeing the line for the next 6-7 weeks in practice, meetings and life in general.

If he fails at that, then let him go...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Dude the guy has had like 3 years to get his head on straight.  You think giving him chance number 10 and telling him to relax at home for 6 weeks will change him?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

The problem with Gordon is he has been a problem child since before he was even drafted, hence why he went in the supplemental draft. Here we are 6 years down the road and the Browns have given him every benefit of the doubt over the years throughout all of his suspensions and he is regressing after all of these chances. Sometimes a turd is just a turd. 

Just sayin that SOMETIMES people need to get out a toxic situation...like a 6 yr history with one team if they haven't seen eye to eye for a awhile.

Don't get me wrong, Gordon at his next stop (and he WILL have one) may be a tremendous fail.  But we are in the perfect situation to give him an opportunity turn his career around.  If he fails, it'll probably only cost a low round DP...and his talent if he turned things around is worth the risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dude the guy has had like 3 years to get his head on straight.  You think giving him chance number 10 and telling him to relax at home for 6 weeks will change him?

'after demonstrating he's been toeing the line for the next 6-7 weeks in practice, meetings and life in general.'

Never talked about relaxing at home.

Maybe CLE cutting him, trading him will be his 'rock bottom'...who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I'm assuming nothing after one game about team chemistry and dynamic. And a healthy Gordon would be a welcome addition to ANY team.

Bringing in Gordon should not be looked at as a 'near term' addition, but possibly a long-term one.

If I brought Gordon in here, I'd sit him down and tell him don't even think about playing football for awhile, this next 4-6 weeks is about getting your head on straight. Set him up with a support structure, get him physically, and try to get him mentally healthy, with a goal of being an addition around mid-season...after demonstrating he's been toeing the line for the next 6-7 weeks in practice, meetings and life in general.

If he fails at that, then let him go...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That's a happy dream

personally I'd expect fairy dust and magic beans having a more likely chance of helping our team than Gordan being able to get his act together

if we make a run at him I hope you're right though

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RobR said:

I agree with the hypocrisy but the rules clearly state you can not use a substance that is illegal in the eyes of the federal government. I don't agree with it, but it's the rules. Just stop smoking weed for a few years, make millions, retire, and then get high as **** all day long.

Easier said than done when you live in Cleveland.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something being lost here is that if Gordon is TRADED, then the team he is traded to assumes his present contract...which is not the case if he is being CUT.

My original statements to bring him and/or kick the tires assumed he was being CUT.

What kind of contract does Gordon have?

I need to check that out...because if it's for any significant coin my opinion might be different for a trade scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Just sayin that SOMETIMES people need to get out a toxic situation...like a 6 yr history with one team if they haven't seen eye to eye for a awhile.

Don't get me wrong, Gordon at his next stop (and he WILL have one) may be a tremendous fail.  But we are in the perfect situation to give him an opportunity turn his career around.  If he fails, it'll probably only cost a low round DP...and his talent if he turned things around is worth the risk.

They have been more than patient with him and this latest offseason they were bending over backwards for him too straighten his act out. He has been a problem child since before he was drafted.

Some players never learn and he's one of them, just like Justin Blackmon. I don't want him anywhere near our lockerroom, not only because he is a problem child, but because we have a head coach who has a proven track record of not being able to handle these types of players.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bergenjets said:

Sign him and let McCown go to work on him for a few weeks before he even gets near Darnold. I don't much downside to this other than having him go off the rails down the road and then we'd just be back where we are now.

Hell...I forgot McCown probably knows Gordon too.  He'd be a perfect sounding board for the Jets to ask re: Gordon and his ability to be rehabilitated 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Something being lost here is that if Gordon is TRADED, then the team he is traded to assumes his present contract...which is not the case if he is being CUT.

My original statements to bring him and/or kick the tires assumed he was being CUT.

What kind of contract does Gordon have?

I need to check that out...because if it's for any significant coin my opinion might be different for a trade scenario

From Spotrac:

"Josh Gordon signed a 1 year, $790,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including an average annual salary of $790,000. In 2018, Gordon will earn a base salary of $790,000, while carrying a cap hit of $790,000."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lith said:

From Spotrac:

"Josh Gordon signed a 1 year, $790,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including an average annual salary of $790,000. In 2018, Gordon will earn a base salary of $790,000, while carrying a cap hit of $790,000."

Thats a low risk contract to assume on a 1 yr tryout for a low rd DP.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Put in a waiver claim, take him at his 790K salary, and if he needs to go on the commissioner exempt list, he goes from a RFA to an ERFA .  At worst, he's a weekly gameday inactive.  At best, he's the true No. 1 WR this team is missing.  There shouldn't be any thought about passing on this; there's literally no downside

He becomes a free agent if he's released. Also, he does still have the potential to be a true number 1 receiver, so that alone is worth to give him a shot, especially if they can get him on a decently cheap one year deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...