# Jets vs Fins -- Home Opener at Metlife --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, head coach Todd Bowles has named three defensive players and two offensive players — including WR Quincy Enunwa, playing in his first Jets home game since 2016 — as his gameday captains.

Darnold, the five captains, and the rest of the Jets will be in their traditional home uniforms, green jerseys and white pants, the combination they'll be wearing for the 15th time in Bowles' 25th home game as HC. They are 7-7 in the first 14 games. The Bowles Jets have also worn at home white/green three times, white/white three times, green/green twice and all Kelly green twice.

Thank you randy Lange for nothing lol

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully nothing he's just been MIA on this board I'm hoping he won the lottery married a super model and is living in paradise somewhere and I'm hoping he returns sooner than later. 

for reals, there were a couple folks mentioned being in europe or some such...   was he one? i forget....   new here so i cant keep track of errybuddy

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Again, I will not be able to watch this game or..any other game this year because we had to cut the sports channels out of our TV package...so I’ll be relying on you guys to keep me updated because this and the box score is all I will have......

I moved to DC 6 months ago. I’m not getting the Jets game. I could go to a bar and meet people but that sounds awful. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I moved to DC 6 months ago. I’m not getting the Jets game. I could go to a bar and meet people but that sounds awful. 

i splured for the bloody nfl sunday ticket cos of sam darnold...     was just wonder ing is there a way we could do a skype sorta deal and i point the laptop at the tV???   not for today...   but...

10 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I was going to bring my little guy to the game, but decided otherwise because he’s still a bit young to enjoy it. With that being said, how’s the vibe at the tailgate/stadium for those who are there?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He’ll have a real QB to cheer for when he grows up, something most of us have never had lol. We just need to put a good team around him. 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Here’s to the Jets! Get out there and squish the fishies!

Time for an pre-pre game shot of whiskey!!!

34FBEECC-F4F1-45D1-BE07-31D71D41439D.jpeg

I had my pre- pre-pregame shot and just had my pregame shot! I’m ready to go!!!

As for the game, There’s no pressure for this team to do anything this year, so let’s just enjoy each game one at a time. if they win that’s fantastic , and seeing that we’re playing the dolphins it’s all the more satisfying  !  

Still, there’s ZERO pressure for this team  to be a perennial winner this year. I’d only be disappointed if they were to come out today and lay an egg. Seeing that today is the Homeopener, they should play hard.

i think today’s outcome will come down to turnovers and special teams.

Let’s enjoy the game everyone!

GO SAMMY & THE JETS !!!

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully nothing he's just been MIA on this board I'm hoping he won the lottery married a super model and is living in paradise somewhere and I'm hoping he returns sooner than later. 

Same here.  I've been on these boards for years and I'm not really a poster I just find myself on these boards every single day lol.  He's one of the staples here who's been consistently here so I hope he's ok.  Sorry guys I'm just drunk and really sensitive right now.

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I had my pre- pre-pregame shot and just had my pregame shot! I’m ready to go!!!

As for the game, There’s no pressure for this team to do anything this year, so let’s just enjoy each game one at a time. if they win that’s fantastic , and seeing that we’re playing the dolphins it’s all the more satisfying  !  

Still, there’s ZERO pressure for this team  to be a perennial winner this year. I’d only be disappointed if they were to come out today and lay an egg. Seeing that today is the Homeopener, they should play hard.

i think today’s outcome will come down to turnovers and special teams.

Let’s enjoy the game everyone!

GO SAMMY & THE JETS !!!

I oddly love that feeling of low expectations.  Only because we have such a young team though that's hopefully coming into their own.  I still want to see improvement but the W's aren't expected they're just an added bonus.  

3 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I just saw that Ronald Jones was inactive again for the Bucs today.  I really wanted the Jets to draft him.  What's up with him??

Coach said he looked like a guy that had never played the game during preseason

Archived