# Jets vs Fins -- Home Opener at Metlife --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

??

Jets have the worst fan base hands down.

Lose a week 2 game and “fire everyone” “everyone sucks” posts flood the board.

What a bunch of over reacting cry babies.

This team isn’t built to get to the postseason this year. This is a rebuild year..we’re starting a rookie QB. Hiccups will happen. Just hope for some growth this year..next year we can add some pieces to help.

Step off the ledge y’all..it’s going to be alright.

I haven't read any posts saying fire everyone or everyone sucks

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

well they kept us entertained for the whole game … that's something

Meanwhile Cleveland lost but played tough today. Thursday is going to be a good 

Cleveland has a really good defense. That's going to be a tough game. Our schedule looks tough. Only the Bills look easy. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It took Sam forever to get comfortable 

Big picture starting him week 1 rather than starting McCown will pay off for years 

Cutting bait with an underperforming coaching staff will too pay off for years. It’ll take so much to prove to me Bowles and company deserve to stay. I’ll gladly give him this year and be patient but the pitchforks better freakin come out when appropriate and incase Chris Johnson doesn’t make the right decision. Continuity is a BAD thing with the wrong people.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So just to be clear here: A defense that drafted nothing but DL, LB's, and safeties for 3 years just got burned on the ground by a quarterback coming off ACL surgery.

Even had Gimp Tannehill run 2 sneaks to clinch it. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This game is a classic example of why todd bowles will never lead this team anywhere.  We can talk all about the defense last game and there huge tunrovers but there is a common theme with this guy.  When we really need the D to make a stop they can't. 

Anyway back to reality unless we get really lucky here.

Today had nothing to do with Bowles. 

Today, the concept the MIA GM built was better *in concept* than what our GM has built.

That mainly has to do with the matchup overpower for MIA on DL v our OL. That was the single biggest determinant of the game. Ryan Tannehill alone had more rushing yards than our entire O.

The trick is tho, the Jets are at the stage in the rebuild that is just prior to our upping the OL.

You learn a lot from today and come to compete THURSDAY. Cleveland should already be top of mind.

3 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

??

Jets have the worst fan base hands down.

Lose a week 2 game and “fire everyone” “everyone sucks” posts flood the board.

What a bunch of over reacting cry babies.

This team isn’t built to get to the postseason this year. This is a rebuild year..we’re starting a rookie QB. Hiccups will happen. Just hope for some growth this year..next year we can add some pieces to help.

Step off the ledge y’all..it’s going to be alright.

No a$$hole the Jets have the best fan base in the league because people are still here after 30 years of sh*t.  Meanwhile the happy happy club continues to try and blow smoke up peoples asses by telling us all to relax and enjoy the todd bowles era.

Just too many mistakes.  This was a much needed learning experience.  This one is on Bowles in my opinion, and why I maybe don't want him back next year.  Got outcoached and didn't have the team sharp for the home opener.  We knew there'd be weeks like this.  This team still needs pass rush and oline upgrades, and Sam needs his experience.
Well said. My thoughts exactly. I'm disappointed but hardly surprised. Sam will learn something from the way Miami played him. On to the browns.

We could spend the next two weeks talking about all the individuals who made mistakes in this game, and I’m sure we will. I’m hoping this is the type of game you get with a young team and that they will learn from it. (Although Pryor ain’t so young, and he was a big culprit today, especially the lazy way he ran his route on the second interception. 

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Today had nothing to do with Bowles. 

Today, the concept the MIA GM built was better *in concept* than what our GM has built.

That mainly has to do with the matchup overpower for MIA on DL v our OL. That was the single biggest determinant of the game. Ryan Tannehill alone had more rushing yards than our entire O.

The trick is tho, the Jets are at the stage in the rebuild that is just prior to our upping the OL.

You learn a lot from today and come to compete THURSDAY. Cleveland should already be top of mind.

Well at least we know that bowels is a good coach and mac should be immediately fired.

25/41 325 yards 

With no time and drops 

Against a very tough defense in his second start 

It took him forever to get comfortable and bates game plan sucked 

I liked how he kept trying to make plays down field 

Get him on schedule and in a rhythm please Jeremy 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

25/41 325 yards 

With no time and drops 

was getting hit all game too. dolphins in his grill all day.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

25/41 325 yards 

With no time and drops 

Basically had no time at all. 

My goodness Sam needs support. The lack of receiver separation and an extreme amount of dropped balls is embarrassing. I'm looking at you Terrelle Pryor 

Sam had a real good showing for a rookie. We once again saw his top tier playmaking ability today. The legend potential is indeed there, and showing. That's not to say that he was perfect. The two interceptions were bad especially the one in the endzone, but alas a rookie will make rookie mistakes. Not much to say for the run game other than it was dreadful. We also saw Quincy make some great catches, and it looks like he's our QB's favorite target.

Defense had an average showing. The pass rush was looking extremely good, but many times we were caught off guard. A key mistake cost us the game with Jamal failing to cover Frank Gore on a crucial 3rd and long. They also were doing some hefty damage in the running.

Not much to say on special teams. Myers made 2 kicks but missed one PAT which ended up not becoming a big deal. 

Overall a disappointing showing, but once again our star QB showed promise. And we might actually have a pass rush after all!

Archived