# Jets vs Fins -- Home Opener at Metlife --- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Detroit game provided support to the propositions that Mac and Bowles were doing a good job.

This game did not indicate a good build of the team or good coaching.

The matchup against Miami was not good-we should have known-their DL was too much for our OL.  For teams with good DLs, this team is going to have a problem.  

After Thursday we will have a better feel for where we stand. 

Here's the problem. Sam will make his mistakes, but no one in this game stepped up for him. Instead of reaching deep down, you got guys dropping passes, getting locked down by man coverage, the running game doing nothing and the oline getting mauled.

Yes Darnold threw two picks but with some help Jets win this game.

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He bailed early on at least 1 sack and held the ball too long on another. He was clean for the majority of the second half. Rookie mistakes.

yes but the game tempo was set down 20-0 and no run game. second half wasn’t a clean pocket, it was more not a jailbreak every pass

4 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

And just so disappointing to see the D collapse on that final drive...preventing the Jets O from having a chance.

jets were prepared. you get beat on those QB sneaks w a QB you could not have possibly prepared on that for… theres no shame in that, you can’t prepare for that. those plays are trick plays. MIA can’t duplicate that

Way too many mistakes today. This team is not good enough to overcome mistake after mistake.

Miami DL kicked the Jets OL ass and when the game was on the line late they were able to run the football and run out the clock.

When Miami's QB outrushes the Jets, that is a problem

21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

seiously, your D aint prepared for a screen on 3rd and 19?? criminal

When's the last time a Pats defense gave up a 3rd & 19 at the end of a game? I bet it's so rare you'd have to go back a long ways. That's the difference between great coaches & average coaches. It's like playing chess but you have to think quickly & instantly come up with answers based on down & distance. 

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

3rd and 19 is staff firing for anybody having to do with the D.

So many stupid coaching mistakes by the entire coaching staff.  Bowles is an amateur.  The OL is just awful. Sam was running for his life nearly every pass play. The pass protection scheme was even worse. The secondary got torched. They let Tannehill run around like Bobby Douglas- inexcusable for a lame azz QB with a brace on his knee at that. The WR’s, ultimately, were the biggest culprits. Robbie, terrible fumble on a key drive that destroyed momentum. Pryor failing to finish his route resulting in an INT, Herndon with with 2 major gaffs. Just pathetic. 

Good points: Sam kept fighting despite all the nonsense. Better to lose a game like this so it leaves a sour taste in their collective mouths. Oh and the game is over!

They did not give the kid any help today. Bad field position, bad coaching, bad penalties, no protection, no running game, dropped balls. Saw it coming, but so far Darnold looks to be a very promising gamer. We have the money to bring in an edge rush, and to build an offensive line, the future has the potential to be bright.

Good news is we play the Browns on Thursday, I'll be at Packy's in West Boca.

20 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Josh Gordon is officially on the block.  Says he wants to go to 49ers or Cowboys but getting a WR of his caliber would be a huge addition.  Enunwa is the only guy who goes and gets the ball.  Too many drops of well thrown balls today.

Last night you got on me for wanting him. Something about an imaginary 30 million contract. You changed your tune pretty quick there Sparky. Edit. My bad, man. It was another guy with a similar avatar.

8 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Also the refs were atrocious .obvious pass interference on two back to back plays and they decide to not throw the flag

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How do we not get those calls at home? I'm watching this & thinking if that's Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rogers throwing that ball flags rain down. The CB never turns which in this league from what I've witnessed is INSTANT PENALTY, but not for us? 

And Bowles just stands there with that stupid look on his face. Fight for your team azzhole! Show some f*cking passion at least when the refs are sticking a god damn pole up your azz!!!

49 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, key play for me? herndon drop

2 key plays for me same player differnt plays.  The catch along the sideline end of the 2nd.  If he turns out instead of in we save a to.  Then with the catch at the 1 we can use the to and kick the fg with 1 second left in the half and get the ball back start of the 3rd.  Rookie mistake though and hopefully he learns from it, a lot of potential today for herndon, just need him to smarten up and make sure he catches and secures the ball before worrying about turning up field.

Sam looked good mostly, but 2 killer picks. He was a big part of this loss also. I get the patience with him, but sorry, today was a bad loss. Can’t make light of it. First home game, against our main rival, coming off a dominating road win. What do we do? We lay an egg. There will be plenty of times for excuses as Sam develops, but this game was set up to launch him to a 2-0 start. Maybe I’m wrong here, but it seemed the crowd was never into this one either. Next up, Cleveland. Don’t expect their defense to make things easy for Sam either. Granted their offense looks horrible, but I’d hate to be 1-2 going into the Jacksonville game. Things could start to snowball. That’s why today’s home opener was so big in my mind.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No a$$hole the Jets have the best fan base in the league because people are still here after 30 years of sh*t.  Meanwhile the happy happy club continues to try and blow smoke up peoples asses by telling us all to relax and enjoy the todd bowles era.

Name calling. Cool.

Who’s blowing smoke?

Sounds like you had unrealistic expectations after what you saw last week. 

Bowles and this team are what they are..Bowles should’ve been canned a while ago..today’s result didn’t make anyone realize that.

I guess the “happy happy” club knows what this season is..it’s a rebuild year with a rookie QB. Way too many holes on this team to contend. But keep getting your hopes up for this year..I’ll be happy to watch and see which of our young guys make progress and build towards the future.

Archived