Bowles is not suited to be Head Coach

southparkcpa

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The passes they were calling were conservative. Once they opened up the playbook the jets started moving the ball.

That's what I saw too, darnold was hand cuffed until he couldn't be due to score  .. that's on Bates though

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

How do you blitz 3rd and 19??????? If ever a situation called for the picket fence defense it is 3rd and 19 when getting the ball back gives you an opportunity to extend the game.

Are we questioning this call because Adams blew his assignment? And I’m not trashing Adams. It happens. 

Go aggressive and it doesn’t work “should have gone zone” 

Go conservative/zone and it backfires “should have been aggressive” 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Are we questioning this call because Adams blew his assignment? And I’m not trashing Adams. It happens. 

Go aggressive and it doesn’t work “should have gone zone” 

Go conservative/zone and it backfires “should have been aggressive” 

Sure, but a picket defense works on 3rd and 19 like 95% of the time.

So I guess we can bump this thread 9 or 10 times this year. It will always be good for laughs, and a place to vent. Then maybe next year we’ll have a new coach, and only have to put his name in the title 4 or 5 times. Because every one of us are more qualified then most NFL coaches. Just read our posts every Monday morning.

Just an observation. Non stop complaining of how Bowles was not aggressive enough last year. 

Now this game they were very aggressive. Which as a fan I can appreciate. Soft D may have let the dolphins in FG range. I also enjoyed being aggressive before the half. Putting trust in Darnold and the O.

It didn't work today but I feel it will be beneficial overall helping Darnold and the team for the season. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

So I guess we can bump this thread 9 or 10 times this year. It will always be good for laughs, and a place to vent. Then maybe next year we’ll have a new coach, and only have to put his name in the title 4 or 5 times. Because every one of us are more qualified then most NFL coaches. Just read our posts every Monday morning.

That’s not true... this is an assessment after 3 years .  Most of us have been patient but I think we are saying it is clear he is not equipped.  We’re not in general complaining about a call here and a missed assignment.  This is 3 plus years of poor coaching.    What does he do well?   Who would hire him if we fired him? 

I have no answer for either.   

I haven't  read every post yet, just the first page and half of the second but give me a break, this isn't  a clock management  issue, this wasn't  lack of prep or undisciplined play, this was our QB throwing two picks, one in the endzone (although not all his fault, Pryor seemed to give up on the route but Sam threw it), this was missing a wide open Enuwa in the endzone, this was Anderson fumbling, this was giving Miami a short field on every possession in the first half, this was having no resemblance of a consistent  running game because we possibly have the most idiotic RB comity in the league.  I mean why the Hell is Powell our early down back? Crowell is clearly the first and second down guy. We have been hoping for years Powell would be this but he just is not yet every year we see him in this role. 

We have a new QB. We are going to see more games like this. Stop blaming every freaking thing on the coach. When the team has 15 penalties in a game, when the team looks completely  lost and has no shot at winning, when the coach screws up calling a TO in the last two minutes, then you blame the HC. None of this happened today. It was a collective effort on O but mostly on our young QB.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He put Adams exactly where he needed to be at the end. He let Darnold sling it the entire game and the entire offense let him down. At some point this sh*t falls on the players.

ultimately the players play the game and are more responsible than the coach for the wins and losses but it's up to bowles to get the whole team ready.  the receivers basically let darnold down. except for enunwa and powell the rest of the receivers either put forth the effort or missed easy catches.  herndon deserves a break on the missed td.  he doesn't deserve a break when the ball hits him on the hands. and except for enunwa none of the recevers were fighting the defenders for the ball.

a lot of this was caused by poor pass protection from the oline.  okay we all saw this coming but they need to do much better keeping darnold clean.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That’s not true... this is an assessment after 3 years .  Most of us have been patient but I think we are saying it is clear he is not equipped.  We’re not in general complaining about a call here and a missed assignment.  This is 3 plus years of poor coaching.    What does he do well?   Who would hire him if we fired him? 

I have no answer for either.   

Amazing how dumb he got in 6 days. I can’t believe I’m going to try and defend him here, but if the Jets win 3 of their next 4 you’ll love him. My point is, this thread is the same old predictable BS you guys throw out after every loss. It’s not him all the time. Today Sam screwed up. Herndon and Pryor did too. If you remember last years team was stripped down to lose as many as possible. He had his team fight their ass off and play so hard we had to give up 3 number 2 picks to get the guy management tried to suck for. I don’t think Bowles is the coach I want long term either, but jeez, are we gonna beat this same drum every week? Even when it’s on the players?

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

ultimately the players play the game and are more responsible than the coach for the wins and losses but it's up to bowles to get the whole team ready.  the receivers basically let darnold down. except for enunwa and powell the rest of the receivers either put forth the effort or missed easy catches.  herndon deserves a break on the missed td.  he doesn't deserve a break when the ball hits him on the hands. and except for enunwa none of the recevers were fighting the defenders for the ball.

a lot of this was caused by poor pass protection from the oline.  okay we all saw this coming but they need to do much better keeping darnold clean.

What exactly wasn't the team ready for today? You can only prepare crap so well. We readily acknowledge the line stinks yet it's Bowles' problem that they can't protect the quarterback. The receivers let Darnold down and their core consists of a 3rd year UDFA with priors and a converted quarterback that's on his 3rd team in three years. Todd Bowles shouldn't have to teach Chris Herndon how to catch a football and if that's a reasonable expectation of the head coach then the bar we've set for Macaggnan is simply preposterous.

The team stinks. They went 5-11 last year and the GM stuck him out there with essentially the same roster and a rookie QB to boot. I'm not the biggest fan of Bowles but I have absolutely no idea how to evaluate anything he does at this point because of the dogsh*t Macaggnan hands him year after year.

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

How does a team outgain the opponent by 150 yards and lose by 8? Ask Todd Bowles and he will explain in depth exactly how it is done. No discipline, penalty prone and he has no clue what his OC is doing. He brought in Bates to beef up the run game yet the Jets abandoned it from jump street and totally forgot about Bilal Powell. It was all Crowell on outside runs when he is a typical between the tackles runner. Bowles has NO BUSINESS being the HC of any NFL team.

Turnovers.

Just to add, hard upfield charging DEs (Wake, Quinn) can open up off tackle running lanes. 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Amazing how dumb he got in 6 days. I can’t believe I’m going to try and defend him here, but if the Jets win 3 of their next 4 you’ll love him. My point is, this thread is the same old predictable BS you guys throw out after every loss. It’s not him all the time. Today Sam screwed up. Herndon and Pryor did too. If you remember last years team was stripped down to lose as many as possible. He had his team fight their ass off and play so hard we had to give up 3 number 2 picks to get the guy management tried to suck for. I don’t think Bowles is the coach I want long term either, but jeez, are we gonna beat this same drum every week? Even when it’s on the players?

If you want to defend a coach with a well below 500 record OK, but if ranked , he is a bottom 10 possibly bottom 5 coach.  Today is not what prompted my post, I saw today an undisciplined defense.  I don’t mind losing, but this appeared to be a team unprepared.  Again, not 1 game, this is 3 plus years.   

lets move on, but I highly doubt he will ever be thought of as a good HC at anytime. He will join the rank of the many DCs and OCs who failed as a HC. 

18 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Just an observation. Non stop complaining of how Bowles was not aggressive enough last year. 

Now this game they were very aggressive. Which as a fan I can appreciate. Soft D may have let the dolphins in FG range. I also enjoyed being aggressive before the half. Putting trust in Darnold and the O.

It didn't work today but I feel it will be beneficial overall helping Darnold and the team for the season. 

Thank you Jets fans are INSANE!!!

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

If you want to defend a coach with a well below 500 record OK, but if ranked , he is a bottom 10 possibly bottom 5 coach.  Today is not what prompted my post, I saw today an undisciplined defense.  I don’t mind losing, but this appeared to be a team unprepared.  Again, not 1 game, this is 3 plus years.   

lets move on, but I highly doubt he will ever be thought of as a good HC at anytime. He will join the rank of the many DCs and OCs who failed as a HC. 

You conveniently fail to mention the lack of talent on his teams. Primarily OL and DL. Which I think are two fairly important parts of a team. Not to mention the lousy QBs he’s been handed. Again, not saying he’s a Lombardi or Belichek, but he’s gotten his teams to play hard for the most part.

Bowles is a defensive guy who can barely field an average defense. And we probably have  8 first round draft picks on that side of the ball. I don't think bowls is a good head coach.

We finally have our franchise qb. What is best for him?  I want him to be coached up by an offensive guru. A head coach who will actually focus on the offense and get the most out of Darnold.

This is what happens when you have a rookie HC who is a DC posing as a HC, paired with a powerless GM. The HC got the roster he wants, and it’s going to go 3-13 or 4-12 this year. I love how people want to give Bowles a pass for the roster he asked for, can’t make this sh*t up. Bowles sucks, maccagnan sucks, hopefully 3-13 shows our idiot owners to move on

Fire Bowles and Rodgers, get a real HC here, and find a way to keep Bates, maybe make him HC.  I'm in favor of the Philly model where they have an offensive-minded HC and a strong independent DC in Schwartz.  I know there are exceptions but I think the defensive-minded HC thing isn't desirable in the modern NFL.

I'm tired of Bowles not having his guys ready to play for big games, which the home opener is one. The penalties, dropped passes, poor clock management, etc in year 4 is inexcusable.

Archived