Bowles is not suited to be Head Coach

southparkcpa

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You conveniently fail to mention the lack of talent on his teams. Primarily OL and DL. Which I think are two fairly important parts of a team. Not to mention the lousy QBs he’s been handed. Again, not saying he’s a Lombardi or Belichek, but he’s gotten his teams to play hard for the most part.

i can't see how you can say that about the dline.  he's had first round draft picks at 3 positions.  imo the dline actually performed pretty well yesterday mainly because they have players who want to play.  oline?  not so much.  this has been an on going problem for at least 5 seasons.  yeah i know that includes some seasons with mangold and brick but those guys were on the decline and there was no one ready to replace them.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

From his hiring of assistants, lack of game plan, poor clock management.

Undisciplined team play.

I absolutely see 2 wins more each year if this team were coached by a top tier coach.

Can anyone justify why this man should be a HC. He is the Browning Nagle of coaching.

Please... what is he good at?  I am at a Loss. NOT just this game.. what we saw today we have seen

for years.  Then there is that shlt eating grin on the sidelines. 

You are 100% correct, some guys are good coordinators but cannot handle being a HC. His teams never respond well to positivity, they always lay an egg whether it's 2015 and we beat NE while Pitt loses to set up win and in game against dead, beat up team or last yr when we really had chances to make the season more interesting.  It's always the same mistakes, he's a terrible HC.

Get him the fk out now before he kills Darnold.  Where is this d geniuses dfence.   It’s always when we need a stop at end of game. Same old.   It’s killing 

I really don’t like Bowles. I’m
Not sure exactly what it is he does. Whatever it is,He certainly feels it is complete before the games on Sunday because he literally just stands there for 3 hours.
That being said, his d made sacks, created turnovers and has to deal with incredibly short fields yesterday. They held to 20 points.

The last drive was tough. They looked winded but still fought. Miami beat them. That d holding penalty killed that final
Hope. They didn’t play terribly yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You are 100% correct, some guys are good coordinators but cannot handle being a HC. His teams never respond well to positivity, they always lay an egg whether it's 2015 and we beat NE while Pitt loses to set up win and in game against dead, beat up team or last yr when we really had chances to make the season more interesting.  It's always the same mistakes, he's a terrible HC.

He will join the ranks of Spagnola, and countless other coordinators that failed as HC.

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If you want to defend a coach with a well below 500 record OK, but if ranked , he is a bottom 10 possibly bottom 5 coach.  Today is not what prompted my post, I saw today an undisciplined defense.  I don’t mind losing, but this appeared to be a team unprepared.  Again, not 1 game, this is 3 plus years.   

lets move on, but I highly doubt he will ever be thought of as a good HC at anytime. He will join the rank of the many DCs and OCs who failed as a HC. 

Will you listen to yourself? His first year here he got lucky that he won with Fitz but Geno was going to be the starter so his choice at QB was fortunately forced on him. Then year two Mac stupidly signed Fitz to an extension and we all saw why Fitz goes from team to team. Brandon Marshall  also regressed and Decker was hurt all season. His third year the team was gutted as we tried to tank for a high pick. Now we have an up and down QB. It's not like he was the HC of the Steelers. Lombardi couldn't  win with the horrible teams he's had to coach. If he was above 500 it would be a miracle.  

9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

This is what happens when you have a rookie HC who is a DC posing as a HC, paired with a powerless GM. The HC got the roster he wants, and it’s going to go 3-13 or 4-12 this year. I love how people want to give Bowles a pass for the roster he asked for, can’t make this sh*t up. Bowles sucks, maccagnan sucks, hopefully 3-13 shows our idiot owners to move on

What do you mean the roster he asked for? I haven't  publicly  heard Bowles ask for anything in the way of players. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Will you listen to yourself? His first year here he got lucky that he won with Fitz but Geno was going to be the starter so his choice at QB was fortunately forced on him. Then year two Mac stupidly signed Fitz to an extension and we all saw why Fitz goes from team to team. Brandon Marshall  also regressed and Decker was hurt all season. His third year the team was gutted as we tried to tank for a high pick. Now we have an up and down QB. It's not like he was the HC of the Steelers. Lombardi couldn't  win with the horrible teams he's had to coach. If he was above 500 it would be a miracle.  

yeah, well he's not, so it isn't.....

oh & don't forget bowles named fitzpatrick the starter well before maccagnan re signed him..

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

You’re an idiot

how are you not banned after your repeated violation of the no-personal-attacks standard that this board supposedly stands by?  Nobody wants to read this crap.  Just stop. You are wasting everyone's time with your arsenal of personal attacks.  Obviously you would prefer being on a different message board than this one.  Just move along....  You won't miss us. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

59 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

LOL. The predominant reason for the loss was the fact that the Jets O line was physically over matched by the Fins D line. The Jets could not run block and they could not pass block. Yes, I can see why that is totally Todd Bowels fault. ?

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lombardi to Kotite in the span of a week. NY a tough town

This has very little to do with Sunday and no one said he was Lombardi.  I am pretty stoked with Darnold.  I am very patiently watching and have simply seen almost nothing in 4 years that tells me he is HC material.  I get that he's probably here for next 2 years.  I hope more and that I am wrong. The 10 win season?  I would say that it should have been 11 as Bowles poor clock management and preparedness simply costs us 1.5 games a year.    I get that he has little talent etc but if you see things in his management style and acumen that you believe would make him a top 16 coach, I'd be curious. I don't see it.  I hated REX but when you do the math, for us he was probably in the top 50 percent of HC's in the league.   I was PISSED when Leon fired Pete Carroll. Talk about a guy not given a chance.  

I want Bowles to succeed, I simply believe he is not suited to be a top tier HC. Much like Herm. 

2 hours ago, rillo said:

It was all good just a week ago.

no it wasn't.  Last week's win convinced nobody that Bowles is competent enough to be a succesful NFL HC.  He was a dope before the Detroit game, and he remains a dope after the Detroit game.  The people who think we should stick with him are flat out delusional.

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This has very little to do with Sunday and no one said he was Lombardi.  I am pretty stoked with Darnold.  I am very patiently watching and have simply seen almost nothing in 4 years that tells me he is HC material.  I get that he's probably here for next 2 years.  I hope more and that I am wrong. The 10 win season?  I would say that it should have been 11 as Bowles poor clock management and preparedness simply costs us 1.5 games a year.    I get that he has little talent etc but if you see things in his management style and acumen that you believe would make him a top 16 coach, I'd be curious. I don't see it.  I hated REX but when you do the math, for us he was probably in the top 50 percent of HC's in the league.   I was PISSED when Leon fired Pete Carroll. Talk about a guy not given a chance.  

I want Bowles to succeed, I simply believe he is not suited to be a top tier HC. Much like Herm. 

Agree 100%. My post was a rakish commentary on the zeitgeist of JN

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Do you recall Belichick coaching the Browns?

I think TB is a good coach, but a poor disciplinarian... Which I could understand people believing is a major part of being a coach. 

If you take a handful of those silly penalties (especially the false starts) away, it's a whole different game and a whole different impression left by TB. Some of that is on the players for sure, but TB needs to get them focused.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

no it wasn't.  Last week's win convinced nobody that Bowles is competent enough to be a succesful NFL HC.  He was a dope before the Detroit game, and he remains a dope after the Detroit game.  The people who think we should stick with him are flat out delusional.

It's not about sticking with him or not, it's  about this thread coming up after a game where the WR's fumbles away balls and caused picks as well as our QB doing his part to create  turnovers for the Fins. Turnovers is why the Jets lost yesterday,  not the HC. As far as Bowles overall, I'm not loving him but he literally has been given nothing to work with. He has had to coach possibly the worst QB's the league had to offer until this season

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

I think TB is a good coach, but a poor disciplinarian... Which I could understand people believing is a major part of being a coach. 

If you take a handful of those silly penalties (especially the false starts) away, it's a whole different game and a whole different impression left by TB. Some of that is on the players for sure, but TB needs to get them focused.

Boomer Esiason has been saying all summer to expect this w/a rookie QB. Are the Jets the only team that commits false start penalties?

This loss felt more like bad execution in a few critical moments by the players rather than some poor coaching effort.

Inability to score at the end of the first half and the three turnovers were the plays of the game. The first Darnold INT (the type we're gonna expect with a rookie QB) set up an easy TD, the Robbie Anderson fumble was a momentum killer that set them up with good field position again, we couldn't get any points at the end of the first half. The Herndon drop. Getting the strip sack then immediately turning it over when Pryor runs a lazy route.

I get the frustration but this didn't feel like a poorly coached team to me. Just one who made critical mistakes in key moments that cost them a winnable game.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Boomer Esiason has been saying all summer to expect this w/a rookie QB. Are the Jets the only team that commits false start penalties?

Ya, true... But they talked about how they practiced snap counts and all that to try and prepare for good pass rushers and mix things up. Just seems like they weren't ready for those hard counts and such. 

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's not about sticking with him or not, it's  about this thread coming up after a game where the WR's fumbles away balls and caused picks as well as our QB doing his part to create  turnovers for the Fins. Turnovers is why the Jets lost yesterday,  not the HC. As far as Bowles overall, I'm not loving him but he literally has been given nothing to work with. He has had to coach possibly the worst QB's the league had to offer until this season

aren't you tired of finding excuses for Bowles' incompetence?  He sucks.   If the Jets were smart, they'd be saying goodbye to him sooner than later.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This loss felt more like bad execution in a few critical moments by the players rather than some poor coaching effort.

Inability to score at the end of the first half and the three turnovers were the plays of the game. The first Darnold INT (the type we're gonna expect with a rookie QB) set up an easy TD, the Robbie Anderson fumble was a momentum killer that set them up with good field position again, we couldn't get any points at the end of the first half. The Herndon drop. Getting the strip sack then immediately turning it over when Pryor runs a lazy route.

I get the frustration but this didn't feel like a poorly coached team to me. Just one who made critical mistakes in key moments that cost them a winnable game.

We can't protect the QB, we struggle to pressure the QB (at least in big situations), and we can't really catch the ball.  It's possible that the Dolphins, right now, are just better than us.

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you recall Belichick coaching the Browns?

Yes of course...  but Dmans post below I think is excellent.  Its little things that Bowles isn't doing. I am starting to think he can't. I manage people..  at some point everyone hits their cerebral limit.   

12 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Here in Charlotte...  I watch Ron Rivera, and through his years he has developed players, brought in good assistants that go on to become HC's and he has not always had the best talent.  When they lose, and they do like yesterday, its more likely poor execution, beat by a better team etc.  You don't see the time and again defensive penalties that you see with the Jets the last few years.

They simply appear to be cut from a different cloth.  I don't see Rivera's qualities in Bowles.  

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

aren't you tired of finding excuses for Bowles' incompetence?  He sucks.   If the Jets were smart, they'd be saying goodbye to him sooner than later.

Saying Bowles is a new HC is making excuses, saying he needs more time is making excuses, saying he has had to try to win with Fitz and McKnown as his QB's is not making an excuse, it's a fact. 

Archived