I'm Not Upset

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yeah I mean a month ago people were posting that Sam couldn't handle such a brutal schedule and they are 1-1 and down by 8 with 6 minutes to go today 

Frustrated is how it feels 

...with multiple scoring opportunities that came up empty. 

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Today is disappointing worthy, not anger worthy.

Darnold again looked legit, that’s a big deal INT’s notwithstanding.

Weak spots Oline, expected, Coaching/Discipline, expected, sand grease-handed WR’s, the only surprise.

Defense was not bad, just overworked. Okish.

Exactly this.

Darnold wasn't bad at all. The first pick was on him, the second on Pryor. 

For the second straight week the defense got to the QB. That's encouraging.

The worst parts of this game were the O-Line, which struggled, and Chris Herndon is f*cking terrible. 

• Upvote 3
49 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

One thing I’ve always loved about this place is that after a tough loss there will be maybe a half-dozen threads about it, and inevitably three will have titles like “On the bright side...” and the other three will have titles like “Every Person Employed By This Franchise Should Be Publicly Euthanized”

I prefer, "On the bright side, every person employed by this franchise should be euthanized ". 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

To really be upset I'd have to see things I wasn't expecting overall.

We knew this team didn't have a good offensive line - so I'm not surprised or upset they played poorly.

We knew this team didn't have much of a pass rush - so I'm not surprised or upset they played poorly.

We knew we had a rookie QB who was going to have growing pains - so I'm not surprised or upset by the INTs.

We knew this team sometimes gets eaten alive by penalties and mistakes - so I'm not surprised or upset they played poorly.

I thought there were a lot of good signs though. Darnold looked really good, and he had guys in his face all day. Our up-the-middle defense is pretty good, we just need to find ways to contain guys on the edge. They also need to come out faster. They went really conservative today and it bit them in the butt until late in the game.

So of course I wish they would have won and I'd love to have seen them score another 50 points... But really the problem areas were things we knew about already. And the bright spots looked good and there's still hope on the horizon. This was overall a forgettable game in the longrun. Looking forward to seeing how they bounce back... Need to find some discipline though. 

The second INT was all Pryor's fault.  QB hast to trust his receivers.  How can you be running a crossing pattern in the end zone and not have your head turned around to face the QB?  He might have caught tht, and definitely could have prevented an INT. The first INT was all Sam.  Protection sucked in the first half.  Things improved when Sam started making his own space.  Back to Pryor--does he give a sh*t?  He also dropped 2 and that third and twenty where Sam rolled to his right and threw ilt downfield--Pryor was between 2 Dbacks and Sam put it right into his slippery hands. The kid has arm talent. I saw him make throws like that in college.  As for the loss---i have not had a single thought this season about the Jets making the p'ost season, not even after Monday night.  OUr D is a bit of a bullsh*tting D.  They have talent but no brains.  KC has to be a dope to have Avery covering and Ray on the sideline.l  The O LIne will stink against teams with rushing talent.  The box will be stacked Thursday night.  Sam was okay, showed he can go vertical. Hope they let him do it Thursday night.  We may actually have to pass to set up the run.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

The second INT was all Pryor's fault.  QB hast to trust his receivers.  How can you be running a crossing pattern in the end zone and not have your head turned around to face the QB?  He might have caught that, and definitely could have prevented an INT. The first INT was all Sam.  Protection sucked in the first half.  Things improved when Sam started making his own space.  Back to Pryor--does he give a sh*t?  He also dropped 2 and that third and twenty where Sam rolled to his right and threw ilt downfield--Pryor was between 2 Dbacks and Sam put it right into his slippery hands. The kid has arm talent. I saw him make throws like that in college.  As for the loss---I have not had a single thought this season about the Jets making the post season, not even after Monday night.  Our D is a bit of a bullsh*tting D.  They have talent but no brains. When they show some smarts I will be more supportive.  KC has to be a dope to have Avery covering and Ray on the sideline.  The O LIne will stink against teams with pass rushing talent.  The box will be stacked Thursday night.  Sam was okay, showed he can go vertical. Hope they let him do it Thursday night.  We may actually have to pass to set up the run.

Definitely not all that upset.  Darnold is still a franchise QB, and that's really all that matters this season. 

Usually after a bad loss I'd be watching anything other than football, but I'm in a reasonably good mood.  This year just feels different from the last 7. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Today is disappointing worthy, not anger worthy.

Darnold again looked legit, that’s a big deal INT’s notwithstanding.

Weak spots Oline, expected, Coaching/Discipline, expected, sand grease-handed WR’s, the only surprise.

Defense was not bad, just overworked. Okish.

I think our D needs a brain transplant--to play situational football.  Any D with Buster Skrine in it is already intellectually compromised.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely not all that upset.  Darnold is still a franchise QB, and that's really all that matters this season. 

Usually after a bad loss I'd be watching anything other than football, but I'm in a reasonably good mood.  This year just feels different from the last 7. 

havong aa 38 year old QB can make thefuture seem dim.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jack48 said:

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Agreed completely with above posts but anyone that is upset, has a right to be. It’s not SOJF, it’s demanding improvement and seeing the same things still.

There were ALOT of positives though but the issues that we worried about before the season started did in fact show up. On to Cleveland on a short week and hopefully our young team will settle in and be more consistent. Detroit to Miami was night and day but Sam is starting to open it up.

I grade him differently than the team and agree with what Bart Scott just said about him. He would have won a super bowl with him. If we had Sam in 09-10, I think we would have. We have something special here.

Bart is really smart football wise. He talks Xs and Os though---some of it seems confusing, but fun to listen to.  I also think Ray Lucas hates him--but I could be wrong

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

havong aa 38 year old QB can make thefuture seem dim.

And having a young QB we think is "the one" is important. 

For instance, I'd rather be us than the Dolphins right now.  Tannehill is NOT a franchise QB.  And meanwhile we're in a better draft position at the moment. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

One thing I’ve always loved about this place is that after a tough loss there will be maybe a half-dozen threads about it, and inevitably three will have titles like “On the bright side...” and the other three will have titles like “Every Person Employed By This Franchise Should Be Publicly Euthanized”

I have felt both of those things after every single Jets game of my entire life.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

There's also usually a thread about Jet fans criticizing other Jet fans ("We are the worst fanbase!")

• Haha 1

This is why it was laughable to see some of you making broad stroke assumptions off 1 game, last week. 

The truth is somewhere in the middle. We're going to be competitive, we're going to win some games and lose some and we'll earned it either way. Today we clearly earned the loss. Darnold/Bates/WRs made too many mistakes to overcome. Not the end of the world. 

This rotating personnel thing though, i don't like it. 

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And having a young QB we think is "the one" is important. 

For instance, I'd rather be us than the Dolphins right now.  Tannehill is NOT a franchise QB.  And meanwhile we're in a better draft position at the moment. 

I think Gase probably does make Tannehill better.  I have always thought he had that "important interception gene" myself

Just now, jack48 said:

I think Gase probably does make Tannehill better.  I have always thought he had that "important interception gene" myself

Better, sure.  But still not a franchise guy.  It's one thing to beat up on our weak secondary.  It's another thing to expect him to do anything against a Top-10 defense. 

I agree with most of this. This is the team we expect: rookie QB; young TEs, rag-tag team at WR (for the most part), average to weak OL (average on run, weak on pass) and a good D without edge guys (no pressure means the D will tire faster). 

The thing that disappointed me the most was the lack of rolling Sam out. You have an athletic QB that almost throws better on the run and a weak OL, not sure what we proved by having set back in the pocket to pass.

• Upvote 2