OFFICIATING

aagarcia

2 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

does anyone have the penalty numbers for both teams???  

2 for 10 versus 7 for 50 

Jets have a reputation for defensive holding from last year and all the false starts were obvious 

The pick and fumble reviews were close but the NFL is trying to stick with the call on the field this year 

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Dont blame the refs. Our head coach is in over his head. 

That's BS! Teams have played bad games & won, but when you play bad & the refs are also missing huge calls (Anderson fumble), PI in the endzone? It was a 1 score game after horrible play, those 2 calls alone could make the difference. 

Yes, our coach blows, the Oline sucks, but with all of that the missed calls, which I never see watching other teams playing at home? Strange. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

That's BS! Teams have played bad games & won, but when you play bad & the refs are also missing huge calls (Anderson fumble), PI in the endzone? It was a 1 score game after horrible play, those 2 calls alone could make the difference. 

Yes, our coach blows, the Oline sucks, but with all of that the missed calls, which I never see watching other teams playing at home? Strange. 

Excuses, bro. And Anderson's play WAS a fumble.

20 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

So you tell me?  Did we play subpar? Yes?  Did the officiating prevent us from getting momentum???   You tell me.  And at home???  THIS is what stops fans from coming back. PERIOD.

Good teams overcome penalties and GREAT teams don't have them. Blaming the refs is weak. I didn't see any glaringly bad calls. Just bad playing.

Don’t want anything from the refs but a fairly called game. The non call in the end zone was a back breaker. We should have had 1st down and goal to go from the one.
There is no doubt in my mind we would have scored from there. At that point it could have been anyone’s game. Clearly the refs did not cost us the game, but they certainly cost us a TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t want anything from the refs but a fairly called game. The non call in the end zone was a back breaker. We should have had 1st down and goal to go from the one.
There is no doubt in my mind we would have scored from there. At that point it could have been anyone’s game. Clearly the refs did not cost us the game, but they certainly cost us a TD

Your 100% correct. They did impact the course of events. Also, that same play gets called on the jets 10 out of 10 times.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I thought Anderson recovered the ball while he was down. 

He reached out and grabbed the ball, holding it against the ground.  How is that not a downed, possessed football.  Where is it ordained tht all fumbles must result in a rugby scrum?  Whatever....

1 hour ago, Larz said:

2 for 10 versus 7 for 50 

Jets have a reputation for defensive holding from last year and all the false starts were obvious 

The pick and fumble reviews were close but the NFL is trying to stick with the call on the field this year 

a reputation named Buster Skrine

1 hour ago, aagarcia said:

So you tell me?  Did we play subpar? Yes?  Did the officiating prevent us from getting momentum???   You tell me.  And at home???  THIS is what stops fans from coming back. PERIOD.

I dont feel like the game was taken away from us.  There were some questionable calls

2 hours ago, aagarcia said:

We lost so it must be the officiating. 

29 minutes ago, fltflo said:

you have to understand;  there are Patriot rules and Rest of the NFL rules.  Patriot rules guarantee no hilding calls on their O line and at least one PI penalty when Pats drive at the end of halves.  We lost legit today, though

The refs didn’t cost us the game but they sure were one sided. Missed the hit to the head on Q. The holding call on Jenkins that was converted for a first down. The terrible holding call on Claiborne that gave them a free first down. The pass interference in the end zone. The Anderson holding the ball in his hand on the ground with a player on top of him. I’m sure I am forgetting one or two more but the game was absolutely not called evenly despite the numbers. Also, it is actually possible that the refs sucked and our coaches sucked. They are not mutually exclusive.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived