The more I watch the Jets

Ex-Rex

On 9/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ex-Rex said:

Neither Bates nor Dennison know how to organize a run game OR stick with it. 

look at the play by play 

the Jets were running the ball effectively in the first quarter 

The Darnold INT derailed that plan and they were playing from behind the entire game. 

If we are going to talk about the Jets let's talk about them. What really happened

not some censored version where everyone's mistakes harped upon but we ignore Darnold's performance

he's not taking care of the football. The Jets were able to win MNF by getting more turnovers but if a QB throws 2 INT and you lose by 8 that's the story. He hasn't had a clean game yet, and saying that out loud doesn't make me some sort of bastard. 

Well maybe it does. But I stand by it. These are the rookie mistakes you all wanted with a Darnold start. McCown would have won the Miami game or at least not lost it. McCown could handle 4 days rest on the road. The rookie is learning hard lessons and firing the OL coach might make people feel better but it doesn't change these outcomes. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

1-1 with a rookie QB, near top of the league defense, pretty decent offense, a loss off of a handful of mistakes and we're well bellow average?  LOL 

3 point under dogs to the Browns  speaks volumes. I like that we have Darnold no doubt BUT the country does not fear the JETS.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

first off any week where the rest is short is a problem. They played Miami on 6 days rest and one of those was a travel day and one was a victory day off which gave them 3 days to prepare. 

this week they have another 3 days to prepare. adjust expectations accordingly.

BTW all this talk about the Offensive line is bullsh*t 

they aren't the best and they aren't worst but 1) they've been put under stress by QB turnovers 2) Sam Darnold needs to beat the blitz or he will be blitzed. 5 guys can't pick up 6 in an empty backfield 

you see it around the league the younger/bad QBs get fooled by late blitzers and don't react quick enough. Meanwhile no one sends the house on Brady.

watch Darnold's first pick against Miami it's a clean pocket and he doesn't see the guy. That mistake was bigger than any mistake made by the OL all day. 

I believe Darnold will learn but this week especially watch Williams send 6 or 7 and it will be up to Darnold to react in less then 2 seconds and get it out 

all the beachum and carpenter replacements in the world doesn't change that essential fact. a great OL can set a QB up for success and a bad OL can rob him of the chance but the Jets have an average OL. They aren't great they aren't terrible. The QB needs to be better if wins are the goal. If learning is the goal than everything is on track. 

Lot of good stuff here. But, an oline has to be able to the run the ball 2.9 & 41 yards? way below par. That alone puts way too much pressure on the youngster, on top of the pass rush. Field position was also HORRIBLE and then they let the punt hit the ground & go to the damn 10 yard line. Your right, Darnold needs to play better but the other 52 guys need to step it up & help him.

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lot of good stuff here. But, an oline has to be able to the run the ball 2.9 & 41 yards? way below par. That alone puts way too much pressure on the youngster, on top of the pass rush. Field position was also HORRIBLE and then they let the punt hit the ground & go to the damn 10 yard line. Your right, Darnold needs to play better but the other 52 guys need to step it up & help him.

again go play by play they were rushing until the first INT. Both Crowell and Powell had rushing first downs in the 2 drives before Miami scored. Once the Jets got down they abandoned the run game, which sucks but that's what every team does when they are down. 

the OL could be better the specials could be better etc but the good things or bad things Darnold does dictate wins and losses.  If the goal was to win these games, McCown would be starting. The way it is now is how everyone wanted it in the preseason. 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

again go play by play they were rushing until the first INT. Both Crowell and Powell had rushing first downs in the 2 drives before Miami scored. Once the Jets got down they abandoned the run game, which sucks but that's what every team does when they are down. 

the OL could be better the specials could be better etc but the good things or bad things Darnold does dictate wins and losses.  If the goal was to win these games, McCown would be starting. The way it is now is how everyone wanted it in the preseason. 

Don't agree if McCown was in there we would have won because there is no way that Josh can move around like Sam was in that game. Sam even said he was sore after the game, Josh would have been a much more sore 39 year old. 17 years is a big difference. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

3 point under dogs to the Browns  speaks volumes. I like that we have Darnold no doubt BUT the country does not fear the JETS.

If you dont know how good this Browns roster is.  

Why on earth does anyone care that the country fears the Jets or not?  Are we going to war with the country?  lol. No one feared the Rams until they started winnng, the Chargers, name the team.  No one feared us going into the end of the 09 season.  Into the 09 playoffs.  Usually a year late, because no one studies the Jets or these teams until after the fact.  Who cares, changes nothing or makes us well below average. 

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Don't agree if McCown was in there we would have won because there is no way that Josh can move around like Sam was in that game. Sam even said he was sore after the game, Josh would have been a much more sore 39 year old. 17 years is a big difference. 

McCown had a 2:1 TD/INT last year and Darnold is 1:1 right now. That's a huge difference. McCown may not have had this team at 2-0 but the vet works smart not hard. He gets rid of the ball when they blitz the house. Or they don't even try cause they know he's experienced enough to find the hot route. Darnold isn't hopeless he's going to learn these things but right now teams are sending exotic pressure and inviting the rookie to beat them.   

Sam Darnold looks like he could be really good.  The Jets have some nice pieces on offense (Enunwa and Robbie Anderson).  Leo Williams, Adams, and some other guys on defense are good.  Something to build on.  But the OL is inconsistent at best.  And their pass rush is below average.  They seem to let down in crucial situations (3 and 19), make stupid and costly penalties at critical moments, and always seem to play down to the competition.  Todd Bowles is a decent person who relates well to his players.  Sometimes his defense looks really good but often they appear to be disorganized.  His game generalship and clock management is atrocious.  Even if they get to the next level (i.e., make it to the playoffs), I don't have confidence that Bowles will ever win a really big game.  I would be shocked if they beat Cleveland this Thursday.  I think they will be lucky to win 6 games this season.  Hard not to be bitter.

26 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Sam Darnold looks like he could be really good.  The Jets have some nice pieces on offense (Enunwa and Robbie Anderson).  Leo Williams, Adams, and some other guys on defense are good.  Something to build on.  But the OL is inconsistent at best.  And their pass rush is below average.  They seem to let down in crucial situations (3 and 19), make stupid and costly penalties at critical moments, and always seem to play down to the competition.  Todd Bowles is a decent person who relates well to his players.  Sometimes his defense looks really good but often they appear to be disorganized.  His game generalship and clock management is atrocious.  Even if they get to the next level (i.e., make it to the playoffs), I don't have confidence that Bowles will ever win a really big game.  I would be shocked if they beat Cleveland this Thursday.  I think they will be lucky to win 6 games this season.  Hard not to be bitter.

With Darnold on board everythings a win/win. We know we're not winning a Super Bowl in 2018 so as long as we see growth in Sam, even in losses he'll be better for it in 2019. The Buffalo Bills will in fact have the #1 over all pick in 2019, so we might be seeing Nick Bosa in the AFC East. But, we might be picking top 5 as I think there will be a lot of teams in the 5-11, 6-10.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

look at the play by play 

the Jets were running the ball effectively in the first quarter 

The Darnold INT derailed that plan and they were playing from behind the entire game. 

If we are going to talk about the Jets let's talk about them. What really happened

not some censored version where everyone's mistakes harped upon but we ignore Darnold's performance

he's not taking care of the football. The Jets were able to win MNF by getting more turnovers but if a QB throws 2 INT and you lose by 8 that's the story. He hasn't had a clean game yet, and saying that out loud doesn't make me some sort of bastard. 

Well maybe it does. But I stand by it. These are the rookie mistakes you all wanted with a Darnold start. McCown would have won the Miami game or at least not lost it. McCown could handle 4 days rest on the road. The rookie is learning hard lessons and firing the OL coach might make people feel better but it doesn't change these outcomes. 

You didn’t find the officiating bias at all?

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If you dont know how good this Browns roster is.  

Why on earth does anyone care that the country fears the Jets or not?  Are we going to war with the country?  lol. No one feared the Rams until they started winnng, the Chargers, name the team.  No one feared us going into the end of the 09 season.  Into the 09 playoffs.  Usually a year late, because no one studies the Jets or these teams until after the fact.  Who cares, changes nothing or makes us well below average. 

ESPN has us ranked at 26.   drink the Kool aid with Vodka.....

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

ESPN has us ranked at 26.   drink the Kool aid with Vodka.....

And ESPN said we'd be historically bad a year ago and worse.  Today they're talking about Darnolds int problem.  They have no idea what's actually going on. 

ESPNs cluelessness effects nothing on the way of how I look at any team.  Have no idea why anyone would care what they think 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And ESPN said we'd be historically bad a year ago and worse.  Today they're talking about Darnolds int problem.  They have no idea what's actually going on. 

ESPNs cluelessness effects nothing on the way of how I look at any team.  Have no idea why anyone would care what they think 

What about Vegas? You smarter than them as well? 

I’m actially enjoying Bates’ style. He’s got a rookie QB and a sh*t ton of Jags on the OL and no superstar offensive weapon. 

They definitly weren’t clicking against Miami but you can kind of see the silver lining. Who knows but I’m not down on anything I’m seeing yet. Herndon needs to catch the ball, get in the End zone and Pryor needs to finish his route.  

21 hours ago, aagarcia said:

You didn’t find the officiating bias at all?

there's tons of officiating bias but the purpose is not always clear.

• Sometimes it's biased to produce more points *fantasy reasons*
  • Sometimes it's biased to close the gap on a national TV game that's trending toward a blow out *ratings reasons*
  • Sometimes it's biased to make sure the league's faces are around for the playoffs *ratings and merch reasons*
  • and sometimes it's just good old incompetence. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:50 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think part of it is that it's illegal to play defense in today's NFL.  Remember last year how the top ranked defensive teams got absolutely shredded in post-season The Eagles shredded the Vikings in the NFC title game and the Pats shredded the Eagles in the SB (though Nick Foles was unconscious, allowing the Eagles to overcome the Pats).

Apparently it is okay to hit a QB in the head with your helmet and to basically tackle a WR in the end zone. I think it is fair to say the it is illegal for some teams to defense but only against certain offenses.

Of course, with Skrine holding on every down, maybe the Jets deserve it.... too bad we don't have a fast, hungry, rookie to play in his place.

46 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

What about Vegas? You smarter than them as well? 

Now we're onto who's smarter?

Let's start with 3 point favorites.  3 points for being the home team makes it a pick em game.  Nevermind the betting favorite doesn't mean the think they're the better team.

Archived