I thought Darnold played better than week 1

Naw 

Took him forever to settle down and it didn't seem like he was reading things as quickly or seeing the coverage as well 

It was a much better defense tho and his teammates let him down all day 

I liked how he kept taking chances and pushing the ball down field 

If things looked that rough and he still throws for 330 it's going to be ok 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Naw 

Took him forever to settle down and it didn't seem like he was reading things as quickly or seeing the coverage as well 

I agree. I didn't think he played better than week 1.  But it was good to see he can push the ball downfield and play well from behind. I thought he was going to put on a show if giving the opportunity to get back on the field. Unfortunately, the Dolphins kept him off the field. 

• Upvote 1

I think Yes and No. like @Larz said, it took him longer to settle in but he also made a lot of nice passes in the middle of the field and had a ton of yardage. Wasn’t as good with ball security but was also stuck playing 1 dimensional football and a target. If he can keep learning from these situations, look out. 

• Upvote 3

The Oline could not handle the edge rushing. They may be a better Dline than we assume. Fins  are 2-0. Sam was on the move most of the day. I wish they would have ran the ball more early in the game though it seemed they couldn’t get it going. Bates got a little pass happy. That’s a lot to put on a young QB especially since he wasn’t getting much time in the pocket. I think he made some really good throws. Think about it, what QB is flawless in this league. None. He had a good game.

I think he played ok.  Not sure if better than Week 1, but I digress.

The things he showed me today is his pretty uncanny ability to be accurate when the play is broken down or he can't get his feet set perfectly.  

Those are the things you can't learn. He has a lot of those type things that our past QB failures did not.

• Upvote 2

Darnold left two TD throws on the field and gifted Miami a TD after the first INT.

Take away those three Sam mistakes Jets win 26-13.

Take away two of those mistakes Jets win either 26-20 or 19-13.

Bottom line, Sam did more to lose than win today. Or enough to lose and not enough to win.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We put more on him in this game. And it seems that Miami understood his weaknesses and dared him to try to throw into heavy coverage, sometimes he won and sometimes he lost. What matters is how he responds to it next week.

He bailed on good protection at times and held the ball too long on others. He had 2 TDs that he missed before the half and that was costly. 

i love his whole “play with amnesia thing.”

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

Darnold left two TD throws on the field and gifted Miami a TD after the first INT.

Bottom line, Sam did more to lose than win today. 

Yeah. He didn’t get much help but he certainly blew couple chances he had. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, but he's also a rookie QB. Mistakes are to be expected from him. It's up to the rest of the team to help him succeed. They failed to do that today. The O-Line and receivers (except Enunwa) were horrible today.

And no one should be blaming the defense. They weren't bad today. They just ran out of gas as the game wore on.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Bottom line, Sam did more to lose than win today. Or enough to lose and not enough to win.

You are asking for too much from a rookie QB with NO running game and WR and TE's that drop balls, and an OL that was pourus.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Other than his first pick which led to dolphins 7, what else could he have done? I put the second pick mostly on Pryor who doesn’t seem to finish his routes and soft and does not fight for the ball. Also, his receivers fumbled, ran terrible routes, made bonehead plays and or dropped passes in their hands. And the refs contributed to our loss as much as darnold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, jetrider said:

21 year old rookie with a hilariously awful supporting cast on offense.  Bad oline, drops left and right.  I'm sure he would man up and say the same thing you do but when you look around the league our offensive talent down right stinks.  We do not have one player the scares or makes the other team game plan for.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

21 year old rookie with a hilariously awful supporting cast on offense.  Bad oline, drops left and right.  I'm sure he would man up and say the same thing you do but when you look around the league our offensive talent down right stinks.  We do not have one player the scares or makes the other team game plan for.

No. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, our oline is below average, our backs are no great thing, our wrs and tes are below average.

There is not one player on our offense that the other team has to fear or game plan for.

None of that was an issue in Detroit...

5 minutes ago, August said:

No. 

I think it' s pretty clear that Sam is better than his complement of skill players. Pryor quit on the post pattern. Anderson fumbled a first down catch and didn't fight for the ball in the end zone which was perfectly thrown, and Herndon can't catch. I have seen enough of Anderson.... I half a mind to sign Josh Gordon. Stewart off suspension and Peake have a huge opportunity here.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

You are asking for too much from a rookie QB with NO running game and WR and TE's that drop balls, and an OL that was pourus.

He had Enunwa all alone in the endzone and missed a hittable Pryor for an easy TD. Those are throws he normally makes in his sleep so it's not asking for too much. The first pick was a terrible read. Definitive winning plays were there to be made despite the excuses mentioned above. 

Yup let’s be fair, he had a bad game.
52 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Him, Powell, and Enunwa are the only offensive players worth a damn. 

This is the biggest take away of the offense so far.  I’ll throw in Crowell as he’s played well.  Anderson is worth points some games but he is really a one trick pony and the TEs all seem replaceable.

What TDs did he leave on the board? Are you referring to the quincy play in the is back of th the end zone? That wasn’t a missed throw... quincy came open way after the throw, sam was just throwing it away there

A good QB converts those but he’ll learn. Sam rushed rushed things a bit there, Enunwa was wide open
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Naw 

I think that is much more reflective of the 1st half play calling, and it's cascade effect than it was of Sam.  They just ran it way too tight until they were down big.  Also factor in the pressure of not getting free points from the D like the Lions game.  It was really on his shoulders to a much greater degree today.