Can we talk about Thursday now?

k-met57

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brown’s defense actually looked real good against two of the NFL’s best offenses. Add to the fact that we are going to have to try and defend against another mobile quarterback. 

Should be a tough game. Hopefully we can pull it out.

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

As opposed to who...us? When did we get  a “WINNING” culture?

They are heading into their second winless season. That’s a losing culture. We win and lose. We suck but we get an occasional win. If they beat us that would be their first win in 18 or more games. Not sure what else I can tell you. 

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They are heading into their second winless season. That’s a losing culture. We win and lose. We suck but we get an occasional win. If they beat us that would be their first win in 18 or more games. Not sure what else I can tell you. 

I get where you’re coming from, they’ve been historically bad. I actually feel both teams are close to turning it around. The Browns are taking a different route with their QB, but are ahead of us defensively. I also think both would benefit with a coaching change. I’m usually not one to criticize the CS the way some others do, but at the end of this season both of these guys will have had enough time to show what they can do. This year should be make or break for them.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

They have a tie! Yeah I hate playing winless teams in Week 3,4. On the road too 

Oh they are tough. This is no push over 

Absolutely ! Jets will have to play error less ball to win. No turnovers and create some on D and special teams.

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Short week, both teams coming off of ugly losses. I really have no idea what to expect. I bet the NFL would loooooove it if Cleveland gave Mayfield the start.

I bet they would too but they won't get the chance, Tyrod will start.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

the browns are going to be desperate...i think Hugh might get the boot if the browns get their butt kicked.

He didn’t get the boot at 0-16, I doubt he gets a boot at 0-2-1. It’s the Browns. Even moral victories can save your jobs. 

You can honestly make an argument that, not including the QB position, they have more talent than us. They clearly have a losing culture, but they are absolutely capable of physically whipping us.  

We already have the better QB, though. We have a guy who can throw for 350 yards anywhere, anytime. They don't. They have a respectable, but limited, game manager.  

Gun to my head, I think we lose a close one, but I would never bet on this game.

Despite us loosing an easily winnable game by stupid mistakes and shooting ourselves in the foot, I'm eerily content right now. Partly because of the old fashioned "laughing at our enemies pain" consolation feeling that we're so used to settling for, as we just saw: the Pats lose and look vulnerable, Buffalo becoming the new laughing stock of the league with a player saying "f this" after only 1 and a half games, and the Giants further proving they are the new dumbest team in NY.

But I'm also feeling this strange new feeling of contentment that everything is going to be alright because of Darnold. It's an unfamiliar, yet euphoric feeling. Add to that, I'm excited about seeing  Sam play again in only 4 days.

Yes, it's a good time to be a Jets fan.

13 hours ago, k-met57 said:

3-0 in 10 days would have been nice

2-1 in 10 days is damn good

Big game on Thursday against a team that can get after the QB.

Not sure you can automatically chalk in a W against the Browns. Myles Garret and Ogbah can exploit the Jets biggest weakness-their OLine, and Tyrod Taylor has looked decent as well

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

Not sure you can automatically chalk in a W against the Browns. Myles Garret and Ogbah can exploit the Jets biggest weakness-their OLine, and Tyrod Taylor has looked decent as well

Their D forced Ben into 3 INTs and held Brees and that NO offense down at the dome.  This will be a huge test for our offense.  Fortunately tyrod Taylor isn't good and if we can limit turnovers we should be able to win but that's easier said than done.  Just don't give the game away, force Taylor to beat you.  

Archived