Game Observations (MIA)

KRL

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Vince Lombardi obsessed over details with his players.  So did Parcells.  

Over the past 2 seasons, and to a lesser extent in 2015, Jet fans and journalists have questioned the quality of overall coaching.  We were hoping for better in 2018.  Except for a few short circuits, the Lions game looked good.  The Dolphins game had alot of coaching issues-penalties, attention to detail, game plan, game decisions, etc.  

Everyone has good and bad days.  I think after 6 games we will have a better feel for how well the Jets are organized and coached.  

None of them told players these things, none of them were considered great HCs with this level of talent.  Parcells started Brunner over SImms and wanted Mirer over Beldsoe.  Its easier to be a detailed, winning HC when you have talent that knows how to play.

Youre right though, they all have good and bad days.  I do remember Parcells, in Detroit, a must win game to get into the playoffs taking the ball out of is starting QBs hand putting it into the unused Ray Lucas' hands and inside the 10 went with a halfback option that led to a game ending INT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Matt39 said:

Herndon had one of the worst single game performances from a tight end I can ever remember seeing. That was a seasons full of errors. Gave up on routes, drops, not getting out of bounds, not attempting to recover a fumble in front of him and then the disaster at the GL.

Really?! The TE position over the last few years has been abysmal and this is the hysterical reaction you have? He's a rookie, just like our QB. He made mistakes that veterans make. It's not the end of the world and it seems rather absolutionist to fixate on the couple of bad plays this rookie made while failing to mention similar bad plays made by, say, the other rookie starter.

In reality, the more egregious mistake on the drive where Herndon failed to go out of bounds was the pass over the middle with no timeouts left and no time to stop the clock. but the kid was trying to make a play and it ended up not going right. Let's not crucify Darnold or Herndon. They both have shown to lack judgments of players who have actually played NFL football more than a minute.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Adoni Beast said:

He’s 21! And the youngest QB to throw for over 300 yards. I’ll tale games like yesterday as growing pains. It’s the rest of this team I’m worried about.

I think you have to take growing pains as a team thing. You can't be like my favorite player can screw up all he wants but all the other players have to be perfect.

I gotta say, as a Jets fan, I was really humiliated by his lack of fire in the Cleveland game. Some other guy, your rival, comes in an you basically play like Richard Todd?! I know it was not all his fault but, wow, this is the very same offense I've been 'treated' to for the memorable past. The same "let's protect the qb by getting rid of the ball quickly...dink and dunk, couldn't look downfield on first down or run a hurry-up if it killed them" offense they ran since Rex Ryan.

Cleveland, on the other hand, when their 'franchise qb' came in the game he came in throwing. and making plays. and gassing the jets defense. Our guy? not really looking to score. Looking to drive 8 yards at a time. I know, I know not all his fault. It's the offensive philosophy.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Bowles Movement said:

Pretty sure Jets led in time of possession.   They shouldn’t have tired out 

Pretty sure? It was their 3rd game in 11 days, on the road, the third game of the year. They absolutely should have tired out with the Jets offense doing it's customary "we scored 14 points, this game is ours" hibernation once they got a lead.

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

Pretty sure? It was their 3rd game in 11 days, on the road, the third game of the year. They absolutely should have tired out with the Jets offense doing it's customary "we scored 14 points, this game is ours" hibernation once they got a lead.

Not sure of your point.   Wasn’t it also Cleveland’s thirds game? 

14 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Not sure of your point.   Wasn’t it also Cleveland’s thirds game? 

jets= Monday-Sun.-Thurs.

Browns=Sunday-Sunday-Thurs.

Jets= 2 short weeks in a row

Browns= 1 short week

Still..... no excuse for the Jets.

Coaching sucked, discipline sucked,

2nd half OL sucked, play calling sucked,

2nd half Def. sucked.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, 32EBoozer said:

jets= Monday-Sun.-Thurs.

Browns=Sunday-Sunday-Thurs.

Jets= 2 short weeks in a row

Browns= 1 short week

Still..... no excuse for the Jets.

Coaching sucked, discipline sucked,

2nd half OL sucked, play calling sucked,

2nd half Def. sucked.

The Sunday to thurs 4 days to play with travel is much tougher than the shorter Mom to Sunday  week with a home game.   Maybe it was a factor.  

Should we now expect a Jets win in Jacksonville since they’ll have ten days to get ready while Jax only has a week to prepare??

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The Sunday to thurs 4 days to play with travel is much tougher than the shorter Mom to Sunday  week with a home game.   Maybe it was a factor.  

Should we now expect a Jets win in Jacksonville since they’ll have ten days to get ready while Jax only has a week to prepare??

This math stuff is confusing. We don't have a chance in hell to win Sunday. C'mon.

Archived