Anyone else Glad it's a Short Week?

Bruce Harper

This will be Darnold's toughest test so far.  Tough defense, on the road, primetime, with little  preparation time. 

Against Miami, Darnold played well enough to win, but nearly all of the other 44 guys didn't come through.  In this contest, we might see Darnold not play so well for the first time, and be forced to try to gut out a tough win. 

We should embrace this.  We should WANT our young franchise QB to get challenged like this. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Darnold made a couple of rookie errors but still looked strong.  The guy is a first down and yardage machine.  He will do better in the red zone this week.  I am glad we are moving on quickly so that I can get this bad taste out of my mouth.

So, how long you been a JN mod?

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Darnold made a couple of rookie errors but still looked strong.  The guy is a first down and yardage machine.  He will do better in the red zone this week.  I am glad we are moving on quickly so that I can get this bad taste out of my mouth.

The one thing that has stood out to me so far that really hasn't been discussed to much is the 1st down thing 

1st downs don't feel so difficult anymore ?

The dolphins game turned into a field position nightmare and they couldn't stay on schedule and they turned it over went 0 for 2 in the redzone .... And had 21 first downs. 

I am totally confident that they will get it turned around and it will be fun to watch 

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Wonder if Darnold is happy they are playing Thursday?   He looked pretty beat up at the end of the Fins game.

Yeah but the poor running backs and linebackers 

Curtis Martin said it took hours to get out of bed the day after a game 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Against Miami, Darnold played well enough to win, but nearly all of the other 44 guys didn't come through 

it's going to seem like i'm against Darnold, i'm not 

but cmon this statement isn't true. He threw a couple picks and they were down 20-0 at halftime. after that the Dolphins gave them the middle of the field because they wanted the clock to run.  in the NFL throwing 2 picks you usually lose. I understand rookie mistakes and growing pains and all this but let's be accurate. Darnold didn't play well enough to win.  As evidenced by how they didn't win. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

but cmon this statement isn't true. He threw a couple picks and they were down 20-0 at halftime. after that the Dolphins gave them the middle of the field because they wanted the clock to run.  in the NFL throwing 2 picks you usually lose. I understand rookie mistakes and growing pains and all this but let's be accurate. Darnold didn't play well enough to win.  As evidenced by how they didn't win.  

C'mon dog.  All Herndon needed to do was reach the football forward about 12 inches and this is an entirely different ballgame.  Darnold was by far the best player on the field. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

You’re nuts 

every quarterback throws picks, even the elite ones, look around the league yesterday 

he second pick WAS NOT his fault... should td have been a td 

Herndon should have reached for a td....

herndon should have caught the 40’yard roll out...

You don’t “give the middle of th field” when you’re only up 20 with over a half to go... if anything throwing was harder cause the run was abandoned. The jets scored with 12’mins left in the third - you’re telling me the dolphins let the jets move the ball only up 13??? Dolphins only led by 20 for a few mins 

Thursday night games should be discontinued

1. The players have not had time to a) prepare properly and b) recover from the previous Sunday's beatings 
  2. It takes the team out of their routine
  3. You have to wait all day for the game and some folks have to go to work early the next day
  4. You have to wait seemingly forever for the next game

so to answer the question … no. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Wonder if Darnold is happy they are playing Thursday?   He looked pretty beat up at the end of the Fins game.

Well it was only wk 2 out of 20 possible weeks. If he’s beat up 10% into the season, might as well put yourself on IR. 

The key for the Jets in this game is to force Hue Jackson to coach.  If it’s Bowles, Bates and Kacey against Haley and Williams, this game is over. 

I don’t know how you do that.  I guess you need lots of surprises.  

Hue makes Bowles look good.  

Cleveland is stacked, they are better than us man for man, their only problem is that they are in such a habit of losing, they don't know how to win. But they scare me plenty. We stink against qbs like Tyrod Taylor, I have a really bad vibe about this game, plus the fact that I like them ever since I saw them on hard knocks. Have been rooting for them ever since. The only reason they lost last week was because their kicker missed 3 times, including an extra point. Im telling you that team us scary good on defense and offense. 

Yes, thanks for asking off tomorrow because of Yom Kippur and have a 4 day weekend coming up.

Oh, you meant the Jets .... :unsure: not really. I wish they had a bit more time to review video and go over their mishaps. 

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Cleveland is stacked, they are better than us man for man, their only problem is that they are in such a habit of losing, they don't know how to win. But they scare me plenty. We stink against qbs like Tyrod Taylor, I have a really bad vibe about this game, plus the fact that I like them ever since I saw them on hard knocks. Have been rooting for them ever since. The only reason they lost last week was because their kicker missed 3 times, including an extra point. Im telling you that team us scary good on defense and offense. 

They may have better personnel but I think Darnold is better, even already, and that will be the difference.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:27 PM, nico002 said:

You’re nuts 

every quarterback throws picks, even the elite ones, look around the league yesterday 

he second pick WAS NOT his fault... should td have been a td 

Herndon should have reached for a td....

herndon should have caught the 40’yard roll out...

You don’t “give the middle of th field” when you’re only up 20 with over a half to go... if anything throwing was harder cause the run was abandoned. The jets scored with 12’mins left in the third - you’re telling me the dolphins let the jets move the ball only up 13??? Dolphins only led by 20 for a few mins 

the second pick may not have been his fault but the first one was, and two weeks in a row the Jets were down 7-0 early. What happened against DET, that's not normal. What's normal is the team who scores first usually wins.  the team who turns over the ball more usually loses, and the Jets defense was able to read Stafford's passes and make it right. 

yes the Dolphins gave the middle of the field in the 2nd half to keep the clock moving. the way the Jets offense (i.e. Darnold) was playing 20 points might as well been 200. He was only looking short and even threw short to Herndon. Yes herndon could have reached but He should have thrown to someone in the endzone with no timeouts is what should have really happened.

again im not hating Darnold but it is what it is. Pretending he's awesome doesn't make it true. He's a mixed bag right now and if they win or they lose it's on him. He got that part right in the press conference.  When they lose tomorrow night it will be because of rookie mistakes at the QB position. but no one wants to believe that so there will be 10 James Carpenter threads instead. 

Archived