My thoughts

UnitedWhofans

1. This loss, IMO, was not about Bowles, the defense, the penalties really. This is what it came down to. The rookie QB was in the red zone twice and made mistakes. Some not his fault but some were his fault. That cost them 10-14 points. They lost by 8 points. That's all it is. Pure and simple. And if you are going to play a rookie QB, that is what is going to happen. Oh well.

2. That being said, I am meh on Bowles. But you can't fire him this year. We can't go to yet another OC and yet another system. So the earliest you can dump Bowles is the end of next year, IMO. I don't hate Bowles because I've seen a lot worse but I don't really like him because of the tendencies under him. And if you can find a guy who's better go right ahead. BTW, after two weeks, new coaches in the NFL have a combined 1 win.

3. The Jets defense has been okay, especially their pass rush. They got 4 sacks of Tannehill and they forced Stafford into turnovers. That has been surprising. The additions of Luvu and Copeland have added some speed to the linebacking position. 

4. Through two games, it is clear the Jets need to get a LT next year. Beachum looks cooked after doing okay last year.

5. This will annoy some people, but after watching the Giants last night, I feel so much better about where we are as an organization. Mac has infused this roster with youth and speed that will allow us to be competitive. We just need to grow and continue to grow. I feel much better about this team than last year

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you even watch the game? LOL.

Only 1 TO was in the RZ, and that was on Pryor stumbling and not completing a route. The Oline is a disaster, Skrine cant cover, never adjusted to the QB keeper, and when the everyone in the world knew the fins were running, they couldn't stop it.

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Only 1 TO was in the RZ, and that was on Pryor stumbling and not completing a route. The Oline is a disaster, Skrine cant cover, never adjusted to the QB keeper, and when the everyone in the world knew the fins were running, they couldn't stop it.

He missed a wide open Enunwa and then did not pass to the endzone for Herndon. He can't throw short of the end zone.

The Jets defense gave up 20 points. That's fine. Complaining about the defense yesterday is overall kinda dumb

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah but the throw with no timeouts and 10 seconds has to be in the end zone it can't be thrown into the field of play. 

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. This loss, IMO, was not about Bowles, the defense, the penalties really. This is what it came down to. The rookie QB was in the red zone twice and made mistakes. Some not his fault but some were his fault. That cost them 10-14 points. They lost by 8 points. That's all it is. Pure and simple. And if you are going to play a rookie QB, that is what is going to happen. Oh well.

2. That being said, I am meh on Bowles. But you can't fire him this year. We can't go to yet another OC and yet another system. So the earliest you can dump Bowles is the end of next year, IMO. I don't hate Bowles because I've seen a lot worse but I don't really like him because of the tendencies under him. And if you can find a guy who's better go right ahead. BTW, after two weeks, new coaches in the NFL have a combined 1 win.

3. The Jets defense has been okay, especially their pass rush. They got 4 sacks of Tannehill and they forced Stafford into turnovers. That has been surprising. The additions of Luvu and Copeland have added some speed to the linebacking position. 

4. Through two games, it is clear the Jets need to get a LT next year. Beachum looks cooked after doing okay last year.

5. This will annoy some people, but after watching the Giants last night, I feel so much better about where we are as an organization. Mac has infused this roster with youth and speed that will allow us to be competitive. We just need to grow and continue to grow. I feel much better about this team than last year

Woody fired mangini after finishing 8-8. I think Bowles is definitely gone if he Jets Do not get to 6, or 7 wins

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I was but I was convinced in the preseason by his demeanor. And now it's clear that he isnt over his head. Not even on a bad day

Fair enough, but you can't blame the loss on him.

Huge drop by Herndon

Pryor quits or trips on a route leading to an int

Claiborne hold

3rd and 19

Robby fumble

I feel like I'm missing one

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Fair enough, but you can't blame the loss on him.

Huge drop by Herndon

Pryor quits or trips on a route leading to an int

Claiborne hold

3rd and 19

Robby fumble

I feel like I'm missing one

I am but I'm not angry at him. He's a rookie. This stuff happens

All those other plays are bad. But at the end of the day, you were near the end zone with the chance to score 10-14 points and you scored none and you lost by 8.

That's what kills you

Bowles is the defense , just like Rex anything that is good or bad in the defense is on him.

this defense has sucked for 4 years now under Bowles 

how many years does he need to stop sucking at his bread and butter ?  7 years ? 12 years ?

maybe give him the Gruden life time contract 

Just now, fusionCA said:

Bowles is the defense , just like Rex anything that is good or bad in the defense is on him.

this defense has sucked for 4 years now under Bowles 

They've given up a total of 30 points in two games (7 were on a pick six)

That's 15 points a game. 

What's your definition of suck, because numbers prove you wrong

Darnold is NOT the reason we lost. He made one really bad mistake which was the first pick.  The second pick was all Pryor and he even admitted it and pryor  has a history of not taking responsibility for his mistakes. Herndon dropped dropped a td  pass and another great pass which would of set up at least a field goal. Robby Anderson fumbled just when darnold get in a rhythm.  Oh by the way the offensive line got bullied all game.  Defense had good moments but also got destroyed by tannehill who ran all over the place. Again darnold made some rookie mistakes stakes but he wasn’t the issue 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They've given up a total of 30 points in two games (7 were on a pick six)

That's 15 points a game. 

What's your definition of suck, because numbers prove you wrong

my definition is cant stop a 3rd and 19 with the game on the line in the 4 quarter 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Darnold is NOT the reason we lost. He made one really bad mistake which was the first pick.  The second pick was all Pryor and he even admitted it and pryor  has a history of not taking responsibility for his mistakes. Herndon dropped dropped a tad pass and another great pass which would of set up at least a field goal. Robby Anderson fumbled just when darnold get in a rhythm.  Oh by the way the offensive line got bullied all game.  Defense had good moments but also got destroyed by tannehill who ran all over the place. Again darnold made some rookie mistakes stakes but he wasn’t the issue 

1. Did not throw to Enunwa which was wide open 

2. Made the mistake of throwing short of the end zone instead of into it.

3. Threw the pick to Pryor (not totally his fault as you said)

People want to go after Bowles because he's an easy target.

I understand the QB always gets the brunt of the blame fairly or unfairly but it’s his second game as a 21 year old kid. He is playing behind one of the weaker lines in the league, his receivers dropped balls all day which cost him at least 10 points. If Pryor continues running his route that’s probably a touchdown.  When his missed Enunwa he was already throwing the ball away when enunwa became free so you can’t blame the kid...it was just bad luck.  Look he made mistakes but overall I was happy because he continued to show mental toughness and made plays. It’s not fair to ask the kid to do everything out there

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Did not throw to Enunwa which was wide open 

2. Made the mistake of throwing short of the end zone instead of into it.

3. Threw the pick to Pryor (not totally his fault as you said)

People want to go after Bowles because he's an easy target.

1.) Enunwa said that he broke off to the corner as Darnold was about to throw it away and that it was not Sam’s fault for being busy looking to other options. 

2.) Say what you want about throwing it into the end zone but Herndon gets tripped up, fumbles, grabs the ball and has enough time to “dive” for the TD and he didn’t show the situational awareness or grit to extend that ball and risk his body enough on that play. 

3.) Pryor ran the worst route I have ever witnessed.

Archived