My thoughts

UnitedWhofans

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

heh?

He’s talking about the last play of the half. Right after Sam missed a wide open Enunwa with a horrible throw. If you’re going over the middle on the next play that ended the half, you have to throw it into the End zone, not the 5 yard line where the clock runs out when he’s tackled short of the goal line. Look, we all like Sam, but some of you guys have blinders on! Like it or not, Sam did more to lose the game yesterday then anyone. 2 red zone ints, and the overthrow of the wide open Enunwa. Twist it however you want, but Sam cost us 21 points yesterday. But keep blaming the HC, Herndon, and Pryor if that makes you feel better.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pryor isn't long for 1 Jets Drive if he keeps breaking off routes, you just lose trust in a receiver, it's his job to run the route, ball or no ball coming his way.

The loss stings because of the missed chances. 2 x red zone for 0 points, 3rd and 19 (or whatever they were) and the Dolphins convert at the end.

Even with a few mistakes and the 'phins shutting down the return game we generated the chances. That's what stings for me, not converting chances that odds are should have been.

Being a division rival and at home is a kick in the balls too.

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes but the new QB started with Rex.

I dont' want to go to yet another OC (6th in 6 years) and yet another new system. We need stability. 

I agree. We need a competent O minded HC, Who will bring on a competent OC who will Stick around. Bowles has no idea what he is doing with a offense. It is hard to get proven OCs here because they do not want to work for a guy who looks at the O like 2nd class citizen. We need to bring stability here for darnold. We all know Bowles is not a good Coach, why delay the inevitable? We need to a HC who actually has a future here. 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He’s talking about the last play of the half. Right after Sam missed a wide open Enunwa with a horrible throw. If you’re going over the middle on the next play that ended the half, you have to throw it into the End zone, not the 5 yard line where the clock runs out when he’s tackled short of the goal line. Look, we all like Sam, but some of you guys have blinders on! Like it or not, Sam did more to lose the game yesterday then anyone. 2 red zone ints, and the overthrow of the wide open Enunwa. Twist it however you want, but Sam cost us 21 points yesterday. But keep blaming the HC, Herndon, and Pryor if that makes you feel better.

Sam said himself that he didn’t know we had no timeouts left in the FIRST HALF so there’s that.

sounds like a mismanagement by the coaching staff if you ask me. We burned all 3 time outs in the first half of both these first two games. It’s disgusting.

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Was this a great game by Darnold?  No

Is he the reason they lost?  That borders on silly.

There were 6 dropped balls yesterday.  If 4 of them are caught, Jets win

Darnold did enough to win the game, The WR's, TE's and OL struggled 

What is silly about saying Sam is the reason the Jets lost? We all love him, but c’mon,. His interceptions were killers. The overthrow to Enunwa was brutal. The last play of the half was dumb. The D didn’t lose the game, far from it. They played well until they wore down late. The WRs weren’t great, but they weren’t horrid. Sam showed some good things, but he didn’t protect the football well enough. Period. The 330 yards passing looks good on paper, but when you’re down 20-0 midway through the 2nd quarter, you’re gonna have to throw all day.

Here’s my blame of the game breakdown:

Bowles: He was out coached by Gase. He’s aggressive when he should be conservative and vice versa. His offensive line was manhandled and embarrassed. He doesn’t seem to handle success well and is unable to sustain a winning streak. Also, he defense breaks down at the worst time and when they knew the run was coming on the last drive, they couldn’t stop it. The list goes on and on

O-line: They dressed as O-line for Halloween, but rather they were turnstiles on the field.

Skrine: Sux and should be cut yesterday.

Receivers aside from Q: played terrible between drops, mistakes and penalties.

Defense: should of kept their mouths shut about knowing the plays from the Detroit game and study the Miami plays. Bowles should of told them to shut the f up.

Darnold: threw 1 legitimate pick and the defense folded like a cheap suit and let them in the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam said himself that he didn’t know we had no timeouts left in the FIRST HALF so there’s that.

sounds like a mismanagement by the coaching staff if you ask me. We burned all 3 time outs in the first half of both these first two games. It’s disgusting.

It’s always the coaching, right? LOL If Geno or Sanchez didn’t know they were out of time outs, would you be so understanding? Sam’s only played 2 games. It’s not a sin to just say he screwed up there, or he didn’t have a good game. We’re all ok with some bumps in the road this year with him. Nobody’s expecting him to be Johnny Unitas out of the gate.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

It’s always the coaching, right? LOL If Geno or Sanchez didn’t know they were out of time outs, would you be so understanding? Sam’s only played 2 games. It’s not a sin to just say he screwed up there, or he didn’t have a good game. We’re all ok with some bumps in the road this year with him. Nobody’s expecting him to be Johnny Unitas out of the gate.

Oh I’m sorry, is Bowles in charge of the timeouts or is Darnold?

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Here’s my blame of the game breakdown:

Bowles: He was out coached by Gase. He’s aggressive when he should be conservative and vice versa. His offensive line was manhandled and embarrassed. He doesn’t seem to handle success well and is unable to sustain a winning streak. Also, he defense breaks down at the worst time and when they knew the run was coming on the last drive, they couldn’t stop it. The list goes on and on

O-line: They dressed as O-line for Halloween, but rather they were turnstiles on the field.

Skrine: Sux and should be cut yesterday.

Receivers aside from Q: played terrible between drops, mistakes and penalties.

Defense: should of kept their mouths shut about knowing the plays from the Detroit game and study the Miami plays. Bowles should of told them to shut the f up.

Darnold: threw 1 legitimate pick and the defense folded like a cheap suit and let them in the end zone.

Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Darnold. We appreciate the game summary.

What is silly about saying Sam is the reason the Jets lost? We all love him, but c’mon,. His interceptions were killers. The overthrow to Enunwa was brutal. The last play of the half was dumb. The D didn’t lose the game, far from it. They played well until they wore down late. The WRs weren’t great, but they weren’t horrid. Sam showed some good things, but he didn’t protect the football well enough. Period. The 330 yards passing looks good on paper, but when you’re down 20-0 midway through the 2nd quarter, you’re gonna have to throw all day.

There’s nothing wrong with blaming darnold, provided it’s his fault. However, in my honest opinion, I am unable to blame him. The first interception wasn’t a killer- it was early in the game and the d could not get a stop. The second pick was a killer and clearly on Pryor. Remember darnold is the future and Pryor has no future! Enunwa broke free once he released the ball and the defenders broke inside. Aside from enunwa, the receivers were horrid (dropped balls, terrible route running, not getting out of bounds, fumble) His stats were not padded due to the score if that’s your point. His completion percentage was above 60 percent and he threw for 330. What more do you want from the guy. He was also on the run for most of the day and i think he doesn’t trust any of the receivers (I don’t)

Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Darnold. We appreciate the game summary.

Which points do you not agree with? Also who is more to blame Bowles or darnold? And his parents raised him to accept responsibility ( and he did for his teammates when some mistakes where not on him) I’m not his parents, but I call it like I see it.

32 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Was this a great game by Darnold?  No

Is he the reason they lost?  That borders on silly.

There were 6 dropped balls yesterday.  If 4 of them are caught, Jets win

Darnold did enough to win the game, The WR's, TE's and OL struggled 

agreed !.. it's early yet   ?

You want to compare those 2 bums (especially geno) to darnold.

Lmao

1. The throw to Herndon was a GREAT play- should have been a TD

2. Enunwa became open after the ball was thrown, Darnold was throwing it away “can’t take that chance” right?

3. Pryor int was on Pryor- he said so himself 

if you can’t see that Darnold is incredibly impressive then I don’t think you know what you’re looking at 

Lmao
2. Enunwa became open after the ball was thrown, Darnold was throwing it away “can’t take that chance” right?
if you can’t see that Darnold is incredibly impressive then I don’t think you know what you’re looking at 

I couldn’t agree with you more.

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Which points do you not agree with? Also who is more to blame Bowles or darnold? And his parents raised him to accept responsibility ( and he did for his teammates when some mistakes where not on him) I’m not his parents, but I call it like I see it.

Darnold, yesterday. I think your avatar shows how you see it. (Mine isn’t much better though, lol)

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That being said, I am meh on Bowles. But you can't fire him this year. We can't go to yet another OC and yet another system. So the earliest you can dump Bowles is the end of next year, IMO. I don't hate Bowles because I've seen a lot worse but I don't really like him because of the tendencies under him. And if you can find a guy who's better go right ahead. BTW, after two weeks, new coaches in the NFL have a combined 1 win.

Great point....I do believe Bowles survives this year barring a complete meltdown where the players stop playing for him...

And thank you for pointing out that any new coach may not necessarily wash away all of our sins upon hiring him...its been a slow go for this newly hired crop....its hard to install a new system with the changes in practice rules and I think it's better for Sam to have one more year with Bates then to just scrap it all yet again next year

14 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Lmao

And for the hundreth time, I love Darnold, he’s showing a lot of good things, but he’s made his share of mistakes also.

Dude, at least read what I’m saying. 

I did and completely disagree. You are saying jet fans would of gotten on Geno/Sanchez for not knowing there were no timeouts. I did not read or hear darnold did not know there were no timeouts, you have to give me some proof of this. Also, those 2 bums sucked and as I stated should not be mentioned in the same universe as darnold. Also, you are blaming darnold for the loss and not Bowles. You can’t make this stuff up.

Wins and losses are both team efforts.  Sam made his share of mistakes as well as did the receivers, the o line and the defense.  If everyone had played and coached perfect  games we would have won by a lot.  There are going to be ups and downs with a rookie qb and we as a fan base should understand this.  It appears like we have a real good qb in the making in Sam but he is still in the learning process.  Enjoy the ride because I really think he will in time lead us to a championship.

Yes but I don't want a new system for Darnold to learn. That's too inconsistent. We've seen it in Atlanta

Hire a coach who runs the west coast system. I understand the need for continuity, but you can’t be complacent. They have to ask themselves whether Bowles can have sustained success over the next bunch of years.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Hire a coach who runs the west coast system. I understand the need for continuity, but you can’t be complacent. They have to ask themselves whether Bowles can have sustained success over the next bunch of years.

It’s better to get it over with and move forward with whoever puts Sam in the best position to win. He seems like he can pick up a play book pretty damn quick so I don’t think it’s an issue to make the switch. This year is more about adjusting to NFL gamespeed, locker room and learning how to be a professional.

It’s only the 2nd game but if Bowles underwhelms, you don’t hesitate to fire him after this year. We did our time and can make this firing without looking like a poorly run organization this time.

I think it’s better to approach every week with low expectations and hope for the best. This is an observation year but we still gotta fight for playoffs and root for wins until we are mathematically out. 

Archived