My thoughts

UnitedWhofans

15 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I did and completely disagree. You are saying jet fans would of gotten on Geno/Sanchez for not knowing there were no timeouts. I did not read or hear darnold did not know there were no timeouts, you have to give me some proof of this. Also, those 2 bums sucked and as I stated should not be mentioned in the same universe as darnold. Also, you are blaming darnold for the loss and not Bowles. You can’t make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As far as the timeouts, read page 2 again. According to the thread, Sam said it.  I didn’t know it until then either. Again, calm down and READ what people are saying. Your last two sentences are just stupid, no need to reply to them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Larz said:

Yeah but the throw with no timeouts and 10 seconds has to be in the end zone it can't be thrown into the field of play. 

21 year old rookie in his second game. What better way to learn that lesson? In a clasroom? Or maybe on the sideline watching a 39 year old McCown getting sacked 8 times by Wake and Quinn? LOL

As far as the timeouts, read page 2 again. According to the thread, Sam said it.  I didn’t know it until then either. Again, calm down and READ what people are saying. Your last two sentences are just stupid, no need to reply to them.

Where did darnold say this?

I thought when asked you blamed darnold over Bowles for the loss. If this is incorrect, then state otherwise.

Very professional with the stupid line. We are grown adults who provide our insights to a game which at times we see differently.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Fair enough, but you can't blame the loss on him.

Huge drop by Herndon

Pryor quits or trips on a route leading to an int

Claiborne hold

3rd and 19

Robby fumble

I feel like I'm missing one

Big pass to Pryor right through his hands near the right sideline late.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I am but I'm not angry at him. He's a rookie. This stuff happens

All those other plays are bad. But at the end of the day, you were near the end zone with the chance to score 10-14 points and you scored none and you lost by 8.

That's what kills you

Again, did you watch the game? You keep asserting things that are blatantly incorrect.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

21 year old rookie in his second game. What better way to learn that lesson? In a clasroom? Or mayne on the sideline watching a 39 year old McCown getting sacked 8 times by Wake and Quinn? LOL

Agree 100% it’s a mistake he’ll learn from. The problem is, so many guys here get upset at the thought that he made a couple of mistakes that cost us. Nobody has ever said Sam shouldn’t be playing, or hasn’t shown plenty of good things.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

He couldn't pass to the end zone for Herndon.  Herndon should have gotten in, and probably would have if Pryor hits some one.  lol

After watching this play several times, I'm not even going to put this play on Herndon.  Give credit where credit is due.  The Fish D did a great job defending their goal line.  Probbly saved their game right there.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Bowles is never going to be a top coach.

nithing matters but Sam and the only logical move imo is to make Jeremy Bates HC after this year

Got to disagree here David.  Bates has somewhat of a strange history.  According to Cimini in a tweet at the time, there was some debate as if he was going to make the full commitment to be an OC.  After the press totally announced that Bates was going to be the OC, there was a long delay before the Jets announced it.

Not sure Bates wants to be a HC, or is qualified.  Just my opinion

I am new to site and not tech savvy, but some on this thread appear to be blaming darnold for the loss. He certainly takes some blame, but I would put it between 10 to 15 percent. Can someone please start a poll and all members can vote: Is Sam Darnold mostly to blame for the Jets loss? Throw it out there and let the fans decide. Once again, I do not know how to create it or else I would have by now.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

There is zero wrong with that throw, Herndon has zero excuse for not being able to get in on that play.

I disagree, with 10 seconds and no TO's left you have to throw into the EZ. Was it a bad pass no , but the situation called for an EZ pass. 

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I am new to site and not tech savvy, but some on this thread appear to be blaming darnold for the loss. He certainly takes some blame, but I would put it between 10 to 15 percent. Can someone please start a poll and all members can vote: Is Sam Darnold mostly to blame for the Jets loss? Throw it out there and let the fans decide. Once again, I do not know how to create it or else I would have by now.

I can give you the results now. 90% blame Bowles, cause everything’s his fault. 5% blame Adams cause we took him at #6. The other 5% blame it on Lee cause he’s small.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.) Enunwa said that he broke off to the corner as Darnold was about to throw it away and that it was not Sam’s fault for being busy looking to other options. 

2.) Say what you want about throwing it into the end zone but Herndon gets tripped up, fumbles, grabs the ball and has enough time to “dive” for the TD and he didn’t show the situational awareness or grit to extend that ball and risk his body enough on that play. 

3.) Pryor ran the worst route I have ever witnessed.

Over exaggeration of over exaggerations . Was it a bad route - yes . Worst you witnessed , you must not have watched a lot of football.

Being the head coach of a nfl team is a tricky proposition. You take the good with the bad. Bowles was given credit for the 1st game and now takes blame for the loss. Ultimately, the year has to play out to see what you have, but his teams have not been dominant or consistent. Can he be a sustainable winning coach? Not sure

Archived