Watching Mack again

kevinc855

He's almost as good as a decent quarterback.  The impact that he has on the defense is game-changing.  I mean Trubisky is hot garbage and the Bears are still winning and they almost beat the Packers at Lambeau Field last week.  I don't know how many holes we could plug with one extra first round pick but I'd much rather have the sure thing.  The Bears may have made a huge blunder by trading up and drafting Trubisky but they sure have made up for it with the Mack trade.

11 minutes ago, JayEeeTeeEss said:

He's almost as good as a decent quarterback.  The impact that he has on the defense is game-changing.  I mean Trubisky is hot garbage and the Bears are still winning and they almost beat the Packers at Lambeau Field last week.  I don't know how many holes we could plug with one extra first round pick but I'd much rather have the sure thing.  The Bears may have made a huge blunder by trading up and drafting Trubisky but they sure have made up for it with the Mack trade.

Trubisky looks decent. 

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Save the resources to build around Darnold and the raiders were going to need even more than the bears paid to keep him in the afc 

Bears face Rodgers cousins and Stafford so they paid the price 

This. Mack isn’t leading this team to the SB so it would of been waste of picks. Build the team around Darnold and the long run not a few extra meaningless wins in a season. 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They wanted 2 first round picks and we don’t even have a good enough team to make moves like that. It would be completely out of line to make a move for Mack when we still need a brand new offense aside from Darnold and Maybe 1 WR.

I really think that the Raiders were not to to trade him within the AFC, period.

People dont get it. We already traded 3 seconds. We would of had to trade 2 firsts to get mack. We cant afford to lose those high picks...we have many holes to fill. We need to basically rebuild the oline,probably need another good reciever/tight end.  Yes Mack fills a need but we werent in the position to sacrifice that 

Seems like Khalil Mack and his Defense protects a 17-3 lead in the fourth quarter to win the game against Russell Wilson by giving up a TD by Wilson to Tyler Lockett that made the score 17-10...then turning right around and put up a pick 6 with under 7 minutes left in the game. The Next Seahawks possession they strip sack Wilson to essentially ice the game. 

Khalil Mack makes that entire defense better and was worth the trade. 

Because then we’d be left with basically dick over the next two years to build the offense up around Darnold.

What exactly aren't people getting about this?

You satisfied with Kelvin Beachum as Sam’s blindside protector for the next 2-3 years?

You want to keep trotting out guys like Terrelle Pryor, Chris Herndon and Neal Sterling as some of his top targets in the passing game?

No? Me neither.

And that’s exactly the kind of double barreled sh*t machine gun we’d be staring down if we traded two 1st rounders for Mack and handed him $23 million a year.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Because then we’d be left with basically dick over the next two years to build the offense up around Darnold.

First we bitch that they draft too much on the defensive side of the ball, need help on offense, then we bitch that we didnt totally mortgage the future for a defensive player.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

You satisfied with Kelvin Beachum as Sam’s blindside protector for the next 2-3 years?

You want to keep trotting out guys like Terrelle Pryor, Chris Herndon and Neal Sterling as some of his top targets in the passing game?

No? Me neither.

And that’s exactly the kind of double barreled sh*t machine gun we’d be staring down if we traded two 1st rounders for Mack and handed him $23 million a year.

Exactly.  These people act like these moves exist in a vacuum where one move doesn’t effect you in the future.  You FINALLY have a QB worthy of building around and people want to throw 2 first round picks and $141 million dollars into a defense that has already consumed too many resources.  

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Seems like Khalil Mack and his Defense protects a 17-3 lead in the fourth quarter to win the game against Russell Wilson by giving up a TD by Wilson to Tyler Lockett that made the score 17-10...then turning right around and put up a pick 6 with under 7 minutes left in the game. The Next Seahawks possession they strip sack Wilson to essentially ice the game. 

Khalil Mack makes that entire defense better and was worth the trade. 

You dont make your defense better unless you are going on a super bowl run.

17 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

Don’t matter he is gone. But the beast Dante Fowler is still out there. Just up your offer Mac and get a game changer rushing LB for this defense?

Fowler will be a FA in March..... Offer him "COIN" and make it happen! Jacksonville is Capped-out.

If they will take a 5th on condition of a contract extension, then great. If not..... wait until March.

Archived