3rd and 19 Coverage revealed?

prime21

On Jamal Adams Instagram account someone got on him for not covering Gore and after a few back and forth responses, Trumaine Johnson’s verified account responds “It’s on me”. I haven’t looked at the replays. Has anyone gone through the replays enough to see what happened?

IMG_5321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What a bunch of insecure pussies that they feel the need to respond to some nobody on social media. Hint to all new players entering the NFL.....delete all of your social media profiles because nothing good will come from responding to that platform.

10 minutes ago, prime21 said:

On Jamal Adams Instagram account someone got on him for not covering Gore and after a few back and forth responses, Trumaine Johnson’s verified account responds “It’s on me”. I haven’t looked at the replays. Has anyone gone through the replays enough to see what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Adams standing there watching. If that’s not on him, then I’d love an explanation of what went wrong. 

365215A9-64D4-4E31-B0E0-54E0BC31008C.jpeg

It was on EITHER Jamal Adams or Darron Lee.

EITHER Jamal was on a delayed blitz and that's how Gore snook out OR Adams was supposed to cover Gore, went in to blitz (delayed) and dropped his coverage allowing Gore to be open:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Film breakdown of Miami's third-and-19 conversion: The Jets were aggressive, perhaps too aggressive, considering the down and distance. They rushed six, with S Jamal Adams making it seven on a delayed blitz. Miami blocked it with six, allowing RB Frank Gore to leak out of the backfield. Who blew the coverage? It had to be Adams or LB Darron Lee (blitzing). With seven rushing, and with the three corners in man-to-man coverage downfield (single-high safety), the middle was wide open. Why blitz? The Jets probably wanted to keep Miami (at the NY 45) out of FG range by forcing a quick throw. It backfired.

3rd and 19 was just a microcosm of an entire games worth of self inflicted wounds by the Jets. It didn't cost us the game and aside from players & coaches making corrections in the meeting room it doesn't matter whose fault it was.

It's amazing the game was still within reach by the time 3rd and 19 happened given the preceding slop fest.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

3rd and 19 was just a microcosm of an entire games worth of self inflicted wounds by the Jets. It didn't cost us the game and aside from players & coaches making corrections in the meeting room it doesn't matter whose fault it was.

It's amazing the game was still within reach by the time 3rd and 19 happened given the preceding slop fest.

I LOVE the subtle CLEVERNESS of your screen name. LOL. The immature 14 year old in me can't stop internally giggling when I read it. 

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Trumaine Johnson’s comment was 3 hours ago and that back and fourth is less than an hour ago... I can’t believe I went through those comments.

Maybe Tru is just saying blame me everyone and move on. As others have said these guys should delete their accounts or not get caught up in this stuff. 

24 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

They must have be talking about a different play because on that 3rd and 19, Adams was the closest basically being a spy it looked like. And Tru was on the other side of the field covering his man. 

But Tru is a leader, so he’s taking the fall.

Adams is a guy who talks about being a leader, but then says ‘not my job’.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wrong.  On the SNY post game when Adams was being interviewed he said to put it on him.  It obviously wasn't on him given his body language and the way he answered but his words were "put that on me".

I imagine that if Gannon hadn't said it, possibly incorrectly to begin with, hardly anyone would have thought to pin it on Adams.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me Adams is on a delayed blitz, which would not make Gore his responsibility.  It appears to me that Gore is unaccounted for, likely because the defense coaches think the RB will be kept in to block because they show 6 blitzes early. 

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

Shutcho 

Fun fact: those seated in an adjacent balcony reported that just moments before that fatal shot rang out, a brief verbal altercation was heard with Booth loudly complaining how abolishing slavery would devastate the South's economy, whereupon Lincoln responded: "shutcho ass up John".

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

True leaders delegate tasks to others, and then blame them when things go wrong.

Sounds about right to me.

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I imagine that if Gannon hadn't said it, possibly incorrectly to begin with, hardly anyone would have thought to pin it on Adams.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me Adams is on a delayed blitz, which would not make Gore his responsibility.  It appears to me that Gore is unaccounted for, likely because the defense coaches think the RB will be kept in to block because they show 6 blitzes early. 

Not this board , they look for anything negative to blame on Adams or Lee. 

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So, what you're saying is that it's Kacey Bowles' fault?

Not implausible.

I do agree with the showboating nonsense. Adams showboating is about as dumb as his justifying himself to some social stupidity nobody.

Shut up and win games. Let your play talk. You win, you get respect. You lose and talk, you are a punka$$ wannabe

8 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I do agree with the showboating nonsense. Adams showboating is about as dumb as his justifying himself to some social stupidity nobody.

Shut up and win games. Let your play talk. You win, you get respect. You lose and talk, you are a punka$$ wannabe

Jamal Adams is, like, the complete opposite of Sam Darnold.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I never had an employee who lasted the year with that reply and the attitude it implies.  

It's a TEAM EFFORT and everyone is accountable for the failure of the team. It may not have been his assignment, but you DON'T shirk the responsibility that your unit didn't get the job done WHEN it was CRUCIAL with THAT type of reply. That's an insulting answer. I like Jamal's on-field play & passionate energy, not so much his boisterousness via social-media. 

TruJoh gets RESPECT for ending it there when it wasn't on him (he was on single coverage on the flank WR).

SO. . . . who's to blame?

giphy.gif

EVERYONE!

I LOVE the subtle CLEVERNESS of your screen name. LOL. The immature 14 year old in me can't stop internally giggling when I read it. 

Yes. We need this guy to play Mafia with us.

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A large part of this came from the Dolphags' sloppiness too.

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Wrong.  On the SNY post game when Adams was being interviewed he said to put it on him.  It obviously wasn't on him given his body language and the way he answered but his words were "put that on me".

Read the tweet, dufus. It’s right there in print.

11 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's one of the classic faux names that 5th graders use on attendance lists when they have substitute teachers. Very humorous.....   for 12-year olds.   I.P. Daily was always a popular one.  

Archived