Jets Have Decision to Make With ArDarius Stewart due to Return

JetNation

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2018 at 5:40 AM, Thai Jet said:
Woulda, coulda, shoulda . Ain't hindsite great ?

You can take hindsight and see yourself out the door. When losers like me on a forum can see this coming before our GM does, the problem isn’t us, it’s him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, TeddEY said:

Stewart is going to have a tough time making the team.  Enunwa's health will play a role, I'd imagine.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:25 AM, MDL_JET said:

It's been one year, cmon now. Stewart will play out his rookie deal at the least. 

@OldTakesExposed

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if it was up to me it would be Tomlinson. it feels obvious they are telegraphing run when he's on the field and he's not THAT great of a blocker in run or pass to justify the loss of stealth. Maybe he's great on ST or whatever but the dude might actually be holding back the offense. He's a poor man's Lee Smith. 

Tomlinson had a good 24 yard catch and run on Sunday vs. Miami.

19 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

******* Maccagnan.

Oh let me guess, this is somehow Todd Bowles’ fault, right?

Guys Maccagnan ******* sucks. Bowles is miles better as a coach than Maccagnan is as a GM. 

I have been on this guy for the drafts as much as the next guy, but what difference does this make?  If he hangs on to Stewart and lets him suck out the rest of his rookie deal, Justin Burris-style, does that somehow make him better GM? 

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That’s the problem dude. The right guys, are the same ones were supposed to be building around FFS

If it makes you feel better, the GM brought in other players to create competition and the best man won 

54 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

******* Maccagnan.

Oh let me guess, this is somehow Todd Bowles’ fault, right?

Guys Maccagnan ******* sucks. Bowles is miles better as a coach than Maccagnan is as a GM. 

can't they both s*ck ?

Roster is on Mac

Bowles fault is F'ing up timeouts /going for fg's when down 3 td's in the 4th quarter / not coaching up the young kids brought onto the roster / not replacing his bend-over buddy Kacy Rogers / not having his special teams prepared / replacing OC's every year / pitiful or no adjustments at halftime / & more

If it makes you feel better, the GM brought in other players to create competition and the best man won 

Yea, well he’s not dumb. I’ve repeatedly said I don’t mind the way he runs the business and his values. Guy just can’t draft his way out of a urinal if it’s not gift wrapped. That’s a solvable problem if he can put his pride aside and hand those keys over to someone.

59 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You can take hindsight and see yourself out the door. When losers on forum can see this coming before our GM does, the problem isn’t us, it’s him

That pick and player were declared highly questionable the second it was made.  No hindsight whatsoever.  

2 hours ago, Lith said:

So with that, we have now waived 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks from last year.  Plus the 2nd from the year before.

My God. If anything, let this forever shut up the annoying Mac apologists on this board. He is a terrible drafter. 

Jets cut wide receiver as 2017 draft gets worse

September 19, 2018 | 5:21pm

CLEVELAND — The Jets dumped another one of their recent draft picks Wednesday, waiving wide receiver ArDarius Stewart.

Stewart was suspended for the first two games of the season for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy. He returned to practice Monday, but the Jets were able to wait until Wednesday to make a roster move.

Stewart was a third-round pick in 2017 out of Alabama. He had six catches for 82 yards and seven rushes for 27 yards as a rookie. He also returned nine kicks for 173 yards.

He became the fourth player from the 2017 draft class the Jets have cut. Stewart, Chad Hansen, Dylan Donahue and Jeremy Clark have all been cut. Clark is currently on the team’s practice squad.

Stewart tumbled down the depth chart with the Jets feeling good about their top four receivers: Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Jermaine Kearse and Terrelle Pryor. That made him expendable.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Macc’s draft whiffs are the stuff of legend.

K Hunt - all pro rookie.
A Stewart - DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT TO YEAR 2

Joke. Our drafts have been a joke. 3 gimmes and a dollar store line up of trash.

Stewart picked over Pat Elflein. 

1 hour ago, ljr said:

can't they both s*ck ?

Roster is on Mac

Bowles fault is F'ing up timeouts /going for fg's when down 3 td's in the 4th quarter / not coaching up the young kids brought onto the roster / not replacing his bend-over buddy Kacy Rogers / not having his special teams prepared / replacing OC's every year / pitiful or no adjustments at halftime / & more

Robbie Anderson sweep in Detroit

Rushing 7 players at 3rd and 19 against Miami.

Offensive play calling against Miami. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

My God. If anything, let this forever shut up the annoying Mac apologists on this board. He is a terrible drafter. 

As are 2/3rds of all other Gm's. We all complain about Jet draft picks because its our team. Take a real deep look at the other team's drafts and tell me there are GM's who get it right all the time. 

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

@OldTakesExposed

Alright alright no need to rub it in. 

Thought he would've made it a little further. Seems crazy to me to give up after 1 year but guess he's that bad. Not a good look for Mac. With Hansen and Stewart gone. Leggett on his way out. Donahue done. 2017 draft is basically Adams, Maye and McGuire. No way you can build a successful team like that. Gotta hit on SOME of these later rounds. 

Archived