PFF: Darron Lee Best Coverage LB In NFL So Far

BroadwayRay

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lee with another 8 tackles. 6 solo. And a clutch int to help win the game.

He'll never be a stout run defender but he is proving over and over that he is a play maker .

Exactly what he was at Ohio State.  He just needed a little time to adjust to the pro game, especially considering his lack of experience playing LB.  

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, Losmeister said:

WHat I remember of David Harris in his prime is better than what I have seen so far from Willimson. Not killing the guy, just an observation. And, like, Lee, its a small sample. So we wait, we watch. We see.

Williamson has played well

17 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Lee's is miscast, he's not a MLB he's a 4-3 OLB. He just can't take on guards. I think if we get Chandler Jones I'd switch to 4-3.

he looks good catching the ball when the QB doesnt realize he is there, thats true.

3 of 3 the qb didnt know he was there.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

One of my favorite parts of this play is Leo absolutely taking Quentin Nelson’s lunch money

honestly what would you say of the NYJ QB makimg such a throw? thatthe Lb was great? same for bote Detroit INTS. cmon. be honest. you say... hes a rookie and shouldnt make such bad throws and that he nevefr saw him.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:19 AM, Villain The Foe said:

This is really good to read. Word is, Lee really grinded in the offseason. Talked aboit it during training camp and the preseason. I guess he wasn't bullsh*tting when he said that he was ready for the season. 

Good to see honestly. 

48 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lee with another 8 tackles. 6 solo. And a clutch int to help win the game.

He'll never be a stout run defender but he is proving over and over that he is a play maker .

Sadly not to some of the mOrons here. BTW: Thanks for the video.

25 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

he looks good catching the ball when the QB doesnt realize he is there, thats true.

3 of 3 the qb didnt know he was there.

Cut it out man. Seriously, not cool. I hated Lee coming into the off-season because I envisioned him simply chasing TEs like he did his first couple years. 

He is having a great season and you have to give him his respect. Guy is ******* awesome at this point. 

Lee is getting run-passed every game.  I'd say run over, or run through, but he isn't even making contact with inside runners.  That's a MLB's #1 priority.  Is he covering better?  Yeah, I guess.  But what good is that when you're giving up 5 yds every first down right up the gut?  No Lee is not a good LB.  Or rather, not a good inside linebacker.  Too small, doesn't spill, never meets the back in the hole.  Those things are requisites for MLB's .

54 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Lee's is miscast, he's not a MLB he's a 4-3 OLB. He just can't take on guards. I think if we get Chandler Jones I'd switch to 4-3.

The last two games we've been running a lot of 4-3 with two down lineman and our outside backers standing up. I know many of us have been clamoring for a switch to the 4-3, myself included, but we're doing it now ever since Bowles took over the playcalling.  

38 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lee is getting run-passed every game.  I'd say run over, or run through, but he isn't even making contact with inside runners.  That's a MLB's #1 priority.  Is he covering better?  Yeah, I guess.  But what good is that when you're giving up 5 yds every first down right up the gut?  No Lee is not a good LB.  Or rather, not a good inside linebacker.  Too small, doesn't spill, never meets the back in the hole.  Those things are requisites for MLB's .

I've seen him meet the back in the whole/or behind los quite a bit this year.

Our line wore down in the second half today and I agree both Lee and Avery had some difficulty in that stretch.

13 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

He doesn't play MLB.

16 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lee wasn't drafted, nor is he asked to be a run stuffing Lber. That's why Williamson is for. 

If you want to compare him to an inside linebacker, compare him to David Harris who had 6 INTs in 164 career games. Darron Lee has 3 in the first 6 games this year. Was David Harris bad because he didn't rack up INTs? No, he was just asked to do different things. 

Archived