I think the Jets squeak out a win Thursday night

Dcronin

I don't care what the matchups look like or who they favor - the Jets need to come out on fire and take the fight to the Browns immediately on both sides of the ball.  This will of course depend largely on how well Bowles has motivated the team and the prep work and gameplan in place.  I think this game is going to be a reflection on our coaching staff as much as it is our young players.  Two wins in 11 days with a rookie QB will impress the hell out of me.  

Honestly doesn't feel like a great matchup for the Jets... And that's almost completely because of our offensive line issues.

The Jets might struggle to rush the ball, and they'll have a tough time setting any kind of outside edge, and I expect the Brown's secondary to bait Sam into a couple bad throws. He's learning, but there are still rookie mistakes to be made. 

If we win this one it's going to be on the defense's shoulders, I think. A couple of turnovers to set the tone early would be great. 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

I think it's garbage time in the 3rd quarter again and Sam stamps this sh*t with a dominant performance 

If the line can block and he gets a little help from the damn receivers it’s possible. If not another trash can  loss like the Dolphins lost. Two terrible sloppy teams with one losing and the other not losing. 

It's not surprising to me how damaged and shell shocked from years of mediocrity or worse us Jets fans are where we are picking apart a matchup with the Browns, a team that hasn't been able to win their way out of a paper bag for two years,  and looking for reasons why we won't win.

SCREW THAT.  The Jets are winning this game because the Browns are hot garbage until proven otherwise.  Coming close in a few games is not proof of any kind of leap for them.  They are winless in 2018 and will be winless after this game. Despite what the oddsmakers say, the Jets should win this game, and they will. 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:57 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Browns will make us one dimensional on offense if I had to guess.  I doubt we get much of a push from the line and run the ball well.  So on offense, it falls heavily on Darnold.

On the other side of the ball, Tyrod Taylor knows us well, and has mostly owned us over the years.  So I also don't really love our chances to shut down the Browns offense.  At least not the passing game. 

So if we're going to win, it all comes down to Darnold.  I believe in the kid and like that he's facing tough games like these early.  So he gives us a shot.  But I don't really believe in many other guys on the roster at the moment. 

Why? I think the Fins have a much better run D (9th) than the Browns (20th). John Connor had 135 yards against the Browns in week 1 while the Fins held the Titans vaunted running attack to 116 with Dion Lewis, Derrick Henry and Marcus Marriotta, and on 7 out of 9 Titan possessions the Fins held them to under 15 yards --- Under 10 total yards rushing on 6 of those possessions!.

And the bottom line is that the Cleveland's D is the 20th ranked Run D. 

I would also point out that Cleveland's O has not seen a D like the Jets.  In Total Yards, Points, Run, and Pass the Jets are 5, 6, 11, and 8. The Browns previous opponents are 25, 28, 30, and 14 (Pitt) and 29, 30, 17, and 29 (NO). The Browns scored 21 and 18 points against these woeful D's which let up 42 and 48 points to their other opponents.

My prediction is that the Jets D will dominate the Browns O, the Jets will be effective in both the Run and Pass game on Offense, have a lead at halftime and blow it open late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter.

22 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Browns have the best turnover margin in the league through two games. 

Plus 6

The nearest competitors are the Bengals and Rams at plus 3.

They have played the Steelers and Saints.  Ben... Drew... and a myriad of other very good offensive players.

Tyrod Taylor is a flawed player, but one thing he does not do is turn the ball over. 

Neither team is well coached.   Browns at home on a short week.  Jets have the edge on "moxie."

Browns win 22-20 in an ugly one.

Steelers are not good.  Don't look at the box score... watch the games... They are on there way to a 5-6 win season.

Saints are 1 dimensional right now with no Ingram. 

Taylor doesn't turn the ball over but he also doesn't win games. Forcing Taylor into throwing the ball is recipe for success

Jets are better coach then Jets fans realize

Jets 26 - 9 Browns.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Spy the crap out of Tyrod and put Trumaine Johnson on Landry

Put Nickerson on Landry... I think that punk could get into Landry's head, Bracket the inside routes with Lee and outside with Middleton. Put Johnson on Callaway and Mo on Hollywood. 

So in essence single cover man to man on Hollywood and Callaway.  Double team Landry. 

Rush 3, Spy Taylor, Lee on Njoku. 

Win Jets D. Just beat up Landry.... he loves inside routes and slants.... punish him 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:57 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Browns will make us one dimensional on offense if I had to guess.  I doubt we get much of a push from the line and run the ball well.  So on offense, it falls heavily on Darnold.

On the other side of the ball, Tyrod Taylor knows us well, and has mostly owned us over the years.  So I also don't really love our chances to shut down the Browns offense.  At least not the passing game. 

So if we're going to win, it all comes down to Darnold.  I believe in the kid and like that he's facing tough games like these early.  So he gives us a shot.  But I don't really believe in many other guys on the roster at the moment. 

On defense, make Tyrod throw short.  He is really inaccurate on the short to medium stuff.  Keep your hands up and stay wide on the rush.  In other words, make him throw it, dont let him run, and take away the deep ball.  On offense, throw to set up the run. But run.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why? I think the Fins have a much better run D (9th) than the Browns (20th). John Connor had 135 yards against the Browns in week 1 while the Fins held the Titans vaunted running attack to 116 with Dion Lewis, Derrick Henry and Marcus Marriotta, and on 7 out of 9 Titan possessions the Fins held them to under 15 yards --- Under 10 total yards rushing on 6 of those possessions!.

And the bottom line is that the Cleveland's D is the 20th ranked Run D. 

I would also point out that Cleveland's O has not seen a D like the Jets.  In Total Yards, Points, Run, and Pass the Jets are 5, 6, 11, and 8. The Browns previous opponents are 25, 28, 30, and 14 (Pitt) and 29, 30, 17, and 29 (NO). The Browns scored 21 and 18 points against these woeful D's which let up 42 and 48 points to their other opponents.

My prediction is that the Jets D will dominate the Browns O, the Jets will be effective in both the Run and Pass game on Offense, have a lead at halftime and blow it open late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter.

Plus, the Phins had the advantage of playing a Jet team in its home opener, a week after it had inflicted slaughter on its opponent.  That is a formula for success-- if I ever heard one.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If the line can block and he gets a little help from the damn receivers it’s possible. If not another trash can  loss like the Dolphins lost. Two terrible sloppy teams with one losing and the other not losing. 

I am almost certain that Blowes will come out ultra conservative.  I hate that.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, Jetster said:

I'm only interested on if we show up. This has been Bowles calling card, show up, no show, show up, no show. 

For a coach that tries to show that he keeps his emotions in check that doesn't mean you have to look like you flatlined with your eyes open. 

Under Bowles the Jets go up & down like waves in the ocean. The problem is we never seem to find something right in the middle with just a solid 60 minute fundementally solid performance. I want to see one game this guy coaches where I say, "wow, I love the way they attacked the pass rush", or "awesome, Buster Skrine is on the bench". I still can't believe we gave up a 3rd & 19 against Ryan Tannyhill & Frank Gore, oh who am I kidding, I've been watching Bowles/Rogers for 3 years, I had no doubt in the back of my mind we were going to f*ck up that opportunity to get the ball back. 

"Adjustments?  We don't need no lousy adjustments."

Archived