# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Wouldn't it be so JETS LIKE if we lose, the Browns get their free beer and for the next 25 years, in trivia, its "Who did the Browns beat to get the free beer?".

ONLY THE JETS...................

Just cry and get it over with dude 

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You quote people and then delete the sentence before and the sentence after.  Getting beat is MUCH more tolerable than this team shooting itself in the foot....which is how we lost last week.

Believe me, I read the entirety of your post.

If you are resigned that the Jets ******* suck ( whch is kinda where we are at, tryna move into the not suck zone)

and have accepted that and are internalizing you pissed offedness, i kinda get it. But losiung to the Browns after the havent own  in so long...     

that's a pill i will choke on. though the odds...  are good that i'll be chkoking on it alright. 

Does the lack of a pass rush help us against Tyrod?  We never get anyone past the line of scrimmage anyway, so they can all be spies, lol.

I'm interested to see how Darnold responds in this game, because he got a bunch of bad luck in the last game.  He could have easily had 400 yards with 1 less interception, and it'll be interesting to see how the receivers mesh.  I wanted to write the Darnold breakdown, but the short turn around just doesn't give me much time.  

It’s crazy how quick momentum can shift in this league. If we win, we have extra time to prep for Jacksonville with the mini bye. We need to come out swinging.

I think Bowles saw how Darnold can pick things up without a run game later in a game so he will pressure Bates to pound the rock early and force a run game and rely solely on Sam as a his backup plan. Crowell will especially want to win so I expect the reason we win(if we win) to be our run game. 

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

Seriously though, focusing on the rest of the reason and in particular teams with EDGE rushers that the Jets will not be able to block (Texans in particular), of 14 games I see, probabalistically and charitably:

• 8 losses-Patriots x2, Jax, Broncos, Bears, Vikings, Packers, Texans.  Seriously, who can we beat here?
  • 2 Wins-Buffalo x2
  • 4 toss-ups leaning negative-Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Titans

Let's say we win 2 of our toss-ups, which is reasonable.  That gives the Jets another 5-11 season and the Colts a great second round draft pick (reason enough for them to play hard in that game).

Am I being overly negative here?  

I doubt a better second round pick will light the tiniest of fires under any colt players ass

21 minutes ago, varjet said:

Seriously though, focusing on the rest of the reason and in particular teams with EDGE rushers that the Jets will not be able to block (Texans in particular), of 14 games I see, probabalistically and charitably:

• 8 losses-Patriots x2, Jax, Broncos, Bears, Vikings, Packers, Texans.  Seriously, who can we beat here?
  • 2 Wins-Buffalo x2
  • 4 toss-ups leaning negative-Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Titans

Let's say we win 2 of our toss-ups, which is reasonable.  That gives the Jets another 5-11 season and the Colts a great second round draft pick (reason enough for them to play hard in that game).

Am I being overly negative here?  

Very much overly negative - the Broncos, Bears, Texans are hardly unbeatable teams.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets will get back in the winning column in front of a national audience for the 2nd time in 3 games.  Baker Mayfield will watch from the sidelines as Sam Darnold throws for over 300 yards for the 2nd week in a row.

The Jets get their 2nd win. Everyone calms down. And we will soon start to believe that we are allowed to have nice things.

No video needed this week. The Jets got this one. Rocky can wait. Ah, who am I kidding. We always need some Rocky to get us through the day. Going old school here. 

Let's Go Jets!!!

Darnold is going to eat thunder and crap lightning.  We want "Philly Philly"!

58 minutes ago, Pcola said:

This screams at another NFL script.  Give Cleveland two ga,es that they should get beat in and then schedule a game versus the Jets in prime time.  

I fully expect the refs and the NFL front office to dictate this game early on.  I will be shocked if we get a single call.  And when this happens, it will be obvious that the NFL is closer to reality TV, and scripting outcomes to build better ratings.

Right now, we have the better run D, the better secondary, better QB, deeper WR Corp, and two legitimate starting RBs.  They have a better pass rush and should have a better Oline.

We should win, when we don’t I’m certain the officiating will have a lot to do with it.

Total setup. Accept it and move on.

I hate the Jets offensive Vs. the Browns Defense as far as a matchup goes. Sam is going to be runnnnnning all night.

I think they need to let him air it out. Maybe it doesn't work, but let him take some chances between getting run over. I don't think they can afford a slow, methodical drive down the field every time. Sooner or later their going to get to Sam. And I don't know how they're going to set any kind of edge on the ends to rush very well. But we'll see.

I do like the Jets defense vs. the Browns offense though. I think that's where the Jets can win the game. Force some mistakes and give Sam a short field and the Jets should be ok.

I'll say

Jets - 24

Browns - 20

Archived