Jump to content
Maxman

# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, J!E!T!S! said:

 

Hopefully karma's a bitch.

 

Now THAT is bulletin board material right there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Tom Landry was the same way 

 

He was. It bothers me though. Some really bad calls and no calls by the refs last week. Get angry. Let everyone know, that the team you coach is getting the shaft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genot said:

He was. It bothers me though. Some really bad calls and no calls by the refs last week. Get angry. Let everyone know, that the team you coach is getting the shaft.

That's a fair point. Coaches know that you can't get this call changed, but you can try to get the next one 

My biggest beef with Bowles is discipline 

Take away skrubs playing time the next time he holds on 3rd down and maybe he will stop doing it! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larz said:

That's a fair point. Coaches know that you can't get this call changed, but you can try to get the next one 

My biggest beef with Bowles is discipline 

Take away skrubs playing time the next time he holds on 3rd down and maybe he will stop doing it! 

Next Skrine penalty, sit him. Tell Andre Roberts,, if he's to scared too return a punt, find another line of work.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genot said:

Next Skrine penalty, sit him. Tell Andre Roberts,, if he's to scared too return a punt, find another line of work.

+1 

This is actionable advice. Bowles can’t simply just keep throwing Skrine out there after each back braking penalty. Bench the guy. We have depth at DB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On aonther note, this will be an intense game.  The coaches and front offices will feel this, particularly at the Browns. If the QB they passed on beats them, at home, on Thursday night?  Not good.  

This is also, in large part, a coaching battle.  Can Bowles win it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, genot said:

If we lose because of dumbass penalties and bad special teams again. The seat under Bowles is going to be a 1000 degrees.

THAT is where the team starts to lose us.  It's Year 4....If we lose a close game because we are outplayed or Darnold makes some rookie mistakes then I can live with that.  But, if we shoot ourselves in the foot, mismanage the clock or game situations, have excessive penalties that are coach-controllable then Macc needs to start putting in an effort around a coach search similar in magnitude to his hunting/scouting a QB the past two years.

And, let me be specific....because it matters.  When I say coach-controllable I'm talking about penalties like delay of game, an offsides call on a 4th and 1 where the offensive is trying to draw our defense offsides, or a repeated penalties on the same player for the same thing.  As an example, if Buster Skrine has a couple of holding/PI calls in the first half then he should be seeing a dramatically reduced snap count.  He should be pulled from the game unless possibly we're in a dime defense.

I don't mind getting beat.  The Browns are a decent team and these two teams are somewhat similar in having some young talent.  But I can't tolerate the Jets beating themselves again.

I want to see reduced penalties, no blown assignments (3rd and 19 check down pass anyone?), and for the love of god....please, PLEASE let our WRs and TEs catch the balls that hit them in the hands.  I don't need a Superman diving catch to bail out a bad throw by Darnold.  But don't waste a pass that this kid gets to your hands as he's escaping pressure and rolling out.

(Man...I kinda feel like I'm getting a little worked up here.  I should save the complaints for when these things actually happen later. lol )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, varjet said:

On aonther note, this will be an intense game.  The coaches and front offices will feel this, particularly at the Browns. If the QB they passed on beats them, at home, on Thursday night?  Not good.  

This is also, in large part, a coaching battle.  Can Bowles win it?

ben-so-screwed.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmnj said:

fans now talking up the browns-if  the browns have more talent than us.....fire mac today

They should have more talent than us; they've been picking #1 for like ten years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media is putting their weight behind the Browns. The Jets are hard dogs in this fight... 

#FakeNews

Jets win 17-9 in a tough fought game between two teams on the up and up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a tough one. Say what you want about them but the Browns have been in every game and their D is tough. For me the edge goes to the Browns being home and all but they are also playing the short week and the only advantage is the games in Cleveland. The Jets hang tough for 4 qtr's and the Browns being the Browns find a way to lose it.

Jets 24 Browns 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a tough one. Say what you want about them but the Browns have been in every game and their D is tough. For me the edge goes to the Browns being home and all but they are also playing the short week and the only advantage is the games in Cleveland. The Jets hang tough for 4 qtr's and the Browns being the Browns find a way to lose it.

Jets 24 Browns 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This screams at another NFL script.  Give Cleveland two ga,es that they should get beat in and then schedule a game versus the Jets in prime time.  

I fully expect the refs and the NFL front office to dictate this game early on.  I will be shocked if we get a single call.  And when this happens, it will be obvious that the NFL is closer to reality TV, and scripting outcomes to build better ratings.

Right now, we have the better run D, the better secondary, better QB, deeper WR Corp, and two legitimate starting RBs.  They have a better pass rush and should have a better Oline.

We should win, when we don’t I’m certain the officiating will have a lot to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, genot said:

Next Skrine penalty, sit him. Tell Andre Roberts,, if he's to scared too return a punt, find another line of work.

dude was catching punts inside the 20 all day... and the P's hang time was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You think Jackson is better then Bowles???? HAHAHAHA

Jackson+Haley+Williams > Bowles+Bates+Kacey.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't mind getting beat.  The Browns are a decent team and these two teams are somewhat similar in having some young talent.

ffs, man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

This screams at another NFL script.  Give Cleveland two ga,es that they should get beat in and then schedule a game versus the Jets in prime time.  

I fully expect the refs and the NFL front office to dictate this game early on.  I will be shocked if we get a single call.  And when this happens, it will be obvious that the NFL is closer to reality TV, and scripting outcomes to build better ratings.

Right now, we have the better run D, the better secondary, better QB, deeper WR Corp, and two legitimate starting RBs.  They have a better pass rush and should have a better Oline.

We should win, when we don’t I’m certain the officiating will have a lot to do with it.

Remember that season when Tanny let Pete Kendall leave, and the OL was so bad that the rest of the team could not function.

That is the 2018 season, all over again.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, varjet said:

Remember that season when Tanny let Pete Kendall leave, and the OL was so bad that the rest of the team could not function.

That is the 2018 season, all over again.  

I hope you are completely wrong but it’s very possible. Maybe the o-line will settle somewhere in between their game 1 and 2 performances. If not and they play poorly....we are in for a long season. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.webp

^ PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE DON'T LET THIS NOT WIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

This is a big game for the browns too. Idk if I would say they are a team we should beat they are not the same old browns they have talent all over the field now.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app
 

We are a team they should beat, especially at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ffs, man

You quote people and then delete the sentence before and the sentence after.  Getting beat is MUCH more tolerable than this team shooting itself in the foot....which is how we lost last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously though, focusing on the rest of the reason and in particular teams with EDGE rushers that the Jets will not be able to block (Texans in particular), of 14 games I see, probabalistically and charitably:

  • 8 losses-Patriots x2, Jax, Broncos, Bears, Vikings, Packers, Texans.  Seriously, who can we beat here?
  • 2 Wins-Buffalo x2
  • 4 toss-ups leaning negative-Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Titans

Let's say we win 2 of our toss-ups, which is reasonable.  That gives the Jets another 5-11 season and the Colts a great second round draft pick (reason enough for them to play hard in that game).

Am I being overly negative here?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...