# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Larz said:

Weird how nfl players like Irvin didn't get the memo on Adams sucking 

How many games does Mike Irvin watch of the jets from beginning to end?  How my practices?  How many training camps?  These media guys know nothing other than what another media guy has told him that another media guy has told him who has looked at a stat sheet.

Just now, Beerfish said:

How many games does Mike Irvin watch of the jets from beginning to end?  How my practices?  How many training camps?  These media guys know nothing other than what another media guy has told him that another media guy has told him who has looked at a stat sheet.

Gotta be decent to have a decent stat sheet to look at.

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I watched to coaches cut of the Fins game on Gamepass and I've got to say the Jets played better than I recalled when watching it live. Even thought they could not run the ball against the Fins, Cleveland's run D does not present the match-up problems the Fins did, so I feel the Jets should be able to run the ball tonight. Aside from running the ball against the Fins, the Jets O consistently moved the ball even though Sam was under near constant pressure. It was a game where none of the breaks went the Jets way. From Anderson's fumble to the fact the the Fins recovered two of their own fumbles. And the Jets penalties were bad and made even worse by the timing of the penalties. They always seemed to negate an important D play by the Jets and never occurred when the Fins had 1st and 10.  

Without Darnold the Jets would have lost the Fins game in a blowout because that is what happens when the other team controls the line of scrimmage against your Offense. With Sam, the game was winnable if a few receivers hold on to the ball before and after they are hit and Pryor pays attention with the realization that Sam may throw him the ball when he does not expect it.

After re-watching the Fins game, I truly realize how much of a game changer Sam Darnold is. With him they have a chance to win games they have no business winning. He can literally do it almost on his own. Big, agile, smart, hard working and deadly accurate even on the run. I would not be surprised if the Jets beat Cleveland in a walk tonight.

Garrett vs. Beachum is as bad as any OL/DL matchup in the Dolphins game. There are things you can do to counter it-doubles, RPO, waggle/rollout. But it's a really bad matchup. 

3 hours ago, varjet said:

On aonther note, this will be an intense game.  The coaches and front offices will feel this, particularly at the Browns. If the QB they passed on beats them, at home, on Thursday night?  Not good.  

This is also, in large part, a coaching battle.  Can Bowles win it?

These may be two of the worst head coaches in a NFL...although the Browns coordinators are very good.

this is going to be a typical game against an rugged AFC North team that either looks at us as a scrub franchise (Pittsburgh, Baltimore) or views us as an equally moribund franchise (Cincy, Cleveland).

Jets fans need to not overreact to the results. But this is a game the jets usually lose, giving the Browns their first win in forever. The Gods have served up the Jets to destiny. we’ll see how Sam, Jamal, and Q responds.

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

Weird how nfl players like Irvin didn't get the memo on Adams sucking 

Does your cable compnay  have a Michael Irvin to English translation subtitle program? He's incoherent. If he didn't have a HoF career with the Cowboys he would be living in a  fridge box under a highway overpass. And looks like he  has those kinds of habits. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Does your cable compnay  have a Michael Irvin to English translation subtitle program? He's incoherent. If he didn't have a HoF career with the Cowboys he would be living in a  fridge box under a highway overpass. And looks like he  has those kinds of habits. 

At one time he did. 

Archived