# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Settle down. Matt Moore played better against these stooges last season. Why do you think everyone was picking the Browns?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because they have a GM who knows how to build a team, and we have a guy who passes on Pat Mahomes for a ******* safety? I don't know, could that be why?

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

stop...  he played horribly.  he was tentative and made bad decisions.   it's fine..  he'll get better.

Did I say he played great today? I said the kid has talent and under that pressure I don't see anyone escaping uninjured let alone not playing sloppy. 

This franchise is an absolute embarrassment.  I have been a tortured fan for my entire life.  Why is it that they can never get it right.  It's just one disappointment after another.  Does the coaching staff know how to make adjustments?  How long do we have to watch Todd Bowles emotionless face stare off blankly as the Jets blow another game?  This is exactly why a true Jets fan didn't bank on playoff tickets after the Lions game.

Look, there's a ton of things to bitch at when it comes to this game. You got the O-Line's piss poor play + penalties, Robby who has more fumbles than TDs, the defense folding as it usually does....

But I'm going to keep coming back to this one: we're up 14-0 and we're about to get the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the half AND we're set to receive the 2nd half kickoff. When Trumaine Johnson commits that dumbass penalty that gives the Browns a free drive, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. He's not back to commit another penalty, however questionable the 2nd one may have been. But if I do send him back in, then at least after that one, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. I'm sick of that crap.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

After tonight, I’m a bit concerned about his arm.  The turnover thing is fixable, or it isn’t.  We’ll see.  He makes a lot of plus plays.  But if he doesn’t have the arm talent to make the big throws, he’s toast.  Compared to Mayfield, he looked weak.

He's passive like Bowles. Lifeless. 

Mayfield is a ******* mensch. He controlled that team and that stadium like a boss. 

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I haven’t looked it up , but I would imagine a lot of the people going off about our O line we’re the some of the same people who wanted to trade our next 2 drafts for Mack . 

I went as far as a first and a second but I'm one of the line haters. You're right. It's more cause I don't trust these people to draft. Id rather they pay for lineman with our cap space, they can't do that right either though. We've had no pass rush since John abraham. We've burned tons of picks on trash like Gholston 

8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Good Game Jets. I bet against us cause I'm a degenerate so I won that. I thought we wouldn't even get a chance cause their Dline and the fact every post I've made tonight trashed our Oline, but we had it. The defensive play calling was trash down the stretch

Betting against the Jets = tenor.gif?itemid=6207711

1 minute ago, Jamax99 said:

OC playing calling was all about not let Sam throw a pick down field.   He needs to open play book and let him, learn.  .   Wow what a change of  events.   baker on side lines watching Sam play. 

"High percentage passes" they call them, and he still threw 2 picks and could've been as many as 5 picks.

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

Darnold will be a solid QB...and more likely than not a good one for a long time.

...but I saw tonight why I wanted Mayfield.  

Don't be so quick; after his pick-6, look how good Sam looked in our first game. Also, he has 2 years, a better OL, a better D and much better receivers and a coach who isn't a chicken-sh*t....

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

Did I say he played great today? I said the kid has talent and under that pressure I don't see anyone escaping uninjured let alone not playing sloppy. 

Josh McCown played with a worse o-line and played well..  Willie Colon just said it on the post game..  protection was there but Darnold didn't get it done tonight.  Again...  he'll be fine.  He's going to have horrible games but he will get better.  I'm not worried long term about him but right now he doesn't give us the best chance to win.

2 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

Look, there's a ton of things to bitch at when it comes to this game. You got the O-Line's piss poor play + penalties, Robby who has more fumbles than TDs, the defense folding as it usually does....

But I'm going to keep coming back to this one: we're up 14-0 and we're about to get the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the half AND we're set to receive the 2nd half kickoff. When Trumaine Johnson commits that dumbass penalty that gives the Browns a free drive, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. He's not back to commit another penalty, however questionable the 2nd one may have been. But if I do send him back in, then at least after that one, HE IS RIDING THE BENCH FOR AN ENTIRE QUARTER. I'm sick of that crap.

Cost us 3 points.   Dump play.  And gave them hope. 

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

After tonight, I’m a bit concerned about his arm.  The turnover thing is fixable, or it isn’t.  We’ll see.  He makes a lot of plus plays.  But if he doesn’t have the arm talent to make the big throws, he’s toast.  Compared to Mayfield, he looked weak.

Baker looked better in 2 quarters than Sam has in 3 games. A lot better in fact.

Maybe those advanced stats arent just gay nerd sh*t.

Still like Darnold and optimistic about him but Mayfield was excellent against the same D that made Taylor look terrible for 2 quarters 

Archived